Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Fri 29-Nov-19 06:07:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks dry and cold outside.
After an evening of frustration yesterday, arrived home could not get mainstream TV channels in the anchor residence where I am , so with a BT Box watched some Eurosport, then a DVD.
Today , Hope TV Ariel gets fixed as think management will have plenty of complaints.
But I plan to get out and go into Banbury for a meal and some beers ,and hope things sort themselves, plus do my weekly shop as well.
Mick

dragonfly46 Fri 29-Nov-19 08:40:13

Good morning from a beautiful, frosty day in Leicestershire.

It is DH’s birthday today so we are going out for brunch. The sun is shining so he must have been a good boy all year.

Oh Mary you made me gasp out loud. You do have some adventures! So pleased you still have your pills. By the way you are anything but selfish and I hope you have a wonderful time in NY.

Sending love to Gilly I am sure your DH’s health will start improving apace now.

harrigran Fri 29-Nov-19 08:40:16

Good morning from a very cool NE.
I have an appointment with my Consultant this morning, exactly four years today since he explained how he was going to do my operation. A lot of water under the bridge since then but I am still here.
Thinking of the gillybobs.

ninathenana Fri 29-Nov-19 08:51:17

looplou I agree Bath Christmas market is over rated.

Susan56 Fri 29-Nov-19 09:01:32

Good morning from frosty Shropshire.
We are going to Yorkshire for the weekend.It is my aunts birthday tomorrow but we decided to make a weekend of it.
Mary, have the best time in New York?
Have a good day everyone and gilly, hope things are continuing to improve and also that your tooth is less painful.Sending love.x

moggie Fri 29-Nov-19 09:04:40

Good morning Mick & all from frosty Nottingham. Asda delivery this morning & puppy sitting at lunchtime for a couple hours, we’ll go for a walk.
Out this evening leaving do for one of my young work colleagues, she is going to Vietnam to teach English in the new year.
Have a great time in New York Marydoll, I go next Sunday with DD.
Hope your toothache is better Gillybob & your DH continues to improve.
Hope all not well, struggling or have worries have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

EllaKeat Fri 29-Nov-19 09:17:00

Morning from a sunny Durham?

Oh Marydoll ??

Michael hope I am not being cheeky, but have you tried retuning the channels? The same happened to me a couple of weeks ago, I think it was just BBC that was upgrading, but I lost all terrestrial channels. Worked fine after retuning.

Collecting GD today, so in for a fun afternoon.

A pic from my early morning walk.

EllanVannin Fri 29-Nov-19 09:20:09

Good morning All x
Quite a frost here on the Mersey coast but lovely and bright.
A porridge morning I think.
Making two 6" Christmas cakes today because I can't find my bigger tin I don't know what's happened to it. I'd been hunting on and off for it but time's getting on now so I'll just have to use the smaller tin. Worse things happen at sea !

A friend popped in yesterday and we had a good chin-wag, then step-D rang so that called for another lengthy jangle so I'm up to speed with everything going on.
This was after having had a coffee and chat with a neighbour in the morning so nothing much got done yesterday.

Safe journey for tomorrow Marydoll, you should take it easy today or you'll meet yourself coming back !
Hope the mouth is easier for Gillybob and Mr, G is continuing to progress nicely xx He's in the best place at the moment with frost about.

Have a good day one and all and go easy underfoot.

Auntieflo Fri 29-Nov-19 09:37:56

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
It's sunny and bright here, at the moment, in Berks, but I think cold outside.
I'll find out later, when I have to go for a blood test, postponed from last week.
Had a disturbed night, as I woke DH by having a nightmare and calling out, so hope I didn't wake my lovely young neighbour. ?
Yesterday I tried making a small fruit cake in the new Airfryer. Don't try it, it was not a success. The top burned, and the middle wasn't cooked properly. Still, I cut off the top and we ate some of the edible pieces, which actually tasted alright.
This afternoon our charity shop is having the first day of our Christmas event, and I am on duty all afternoon. Lovely.
Marydoll, your escapades continue to amuse us. Do take care in NY and have a lovely time. I'm sure your DS1 has it all in hand.
Still sending prayers and healing thoughts to Gillybob for her DH, and also that she has managed to get some pain relief for her poor mouth.
Have a good day one and all.

Urmstongran Fri 29-Nov-19 09:39:39

Hope you have a wonderful time in NY Marydoll with your family - bet it’ll be magical - can’t wait for your updates. Not too BRIEF thank you as all on here enjoy reading about your escapades!
???

Urmstongran Fri 29-Nov-19 09:41:46

X posts Auntieflo - loved we both described Marydoll’s tales as ‘escapades ‘!

conor Fri 29-Nov-19 10:03:14

Good morning from sunny Essex. Think it's cold outside but going to venture out for Xmas shopping. Hope to get a few Black Friday bargains!
Can't wait to hear about Marydoll's escapades in New York(maybe we should alert NYPD!!)?‍♂️
I hope Mr Gillybobs continue to improve and Gilly gets the tooth sorted. Wishing a good day to all xxx

glammagran Fri 29-Nov-19 10:09:04

Had a lovely night away in the Cotswolds for DH’s 70th. Hotel was very quiet though with only about a quarter occupancy. Stream running through the middle of the next hamlet was alarmingly high.

Great news from Gillybob Onwards and upwards

NannyJan53 Fri 29-Nov-19 10:27:11

A late good morning from a bright Black Country. It was very frosty first thing, but now it is glorious blue skies, albeit chilly.

I am meeting a friend shortly and then we are off on the train to Worcester as they have their Victorian Christmas market on. It is only a 30 minute train ride from here. I am sure we will also find somewhere for a lovely lunch smile

Have a fantastic time in NY Marydoll looking forward to hearing your adventures in your mini blog!

Hope you enjoy your day NanKate and lunch.

Lovely photo glammagran you both look so young!

Lovely to hear continuing positive news gilly and hope you managed to get in touch with the Dentist and get some pain relief.

Wishing everyone a good day

gillgran Fri 29-Nov-19 10:59:31

It's such a lovely sunny morning, although very cold, it's DRY.!
Here in Cambridgeshire, what a welcome change from all the dark, damp & dank days.
I have to say, what a nice, pleasant group, you all are.

Legs55 Fri 29-Nov-19 11:12:21

Morning Mick, commiserations regarding tv, I turned mine on this morning, pressed wrong button, no tv, waiting for DD to come & fix as I'm useless with technologygrin

Mizzly here in Devon, waiting in this morning for a visit from company who did my insulation 3 years ago, I have a severe water leak just great in this weather .Hopefully back to painting today if not it'll have to be tomorrow.

Have a good day all

Como2020 Fri 29-Nov-19 11:39:05

Good morning and hello to all from the S&D borderlands.

After a very forgetful week, am now back on course. It’s a clear, fine and brisk day.

Have a grand time in the Big Apple *Marydoll, and sending positive vibes to the gillybobs.

Kalu Fri 29-Nov-19 12:04:14

Good morning all from a beautiful sunny, frosty Glasgow.

Engrossed in a good book last night, I made a pretty decadent decision to continue reading until 3.00am. telling myself I am entitled to make such decisions now I have reached a certain age and have no pressing reason to be up and ready to go. Very enjoyable, hence my late post?

A stark reminder of that certain age arrived in the post yesterday informing me, as I will be 70 in a couple of months, I would have to renew my driving licence??

Have a lovely time in NY with your family Marydoll.
Just obey the following orders: relax and let your DH and DS take charge, pace yourself when out and about. Last, don’t spend too much and try not to visit ‘every’ store!....shouldn’t even have bothered typing the last order should I??? Have fun.

Hope your day is going well gilly and you managed to get some pain relief from your dentist.

Have a pleasant day all and strength to those who may need it as you manage to deal with your struggles.

EllanVannin Fri 29-Nov-19 12:52:04

Not the Glammagran that I know ?? Are there two ?

Bestgranny Fri 29-Nov-19 13:24:18

Nice bright sunny morning here in N E coast of Ireland but extremely cold ? I had my hair done this morning, cut with highlights & lowlights, getting ready for my trip to beautiful
Santa Monica on Sunday week . Dh & I have the 2 gc today after school & they also have dinner here before they go home with mum . I have a lot to do today sort out my clothes that I will take to Los Angeles. But it’s light clothes, the weather is so perfect over there at this time of year can’t wait to feel the lovely warm sun & the Pacific Ocean, we are blessed that we can make such a long trip. It’s now time to pick up my 5 year old gd from school ? which is right beside our house . Hope all my new virtual friends have a lovely day.

glammagran Fri 29-Nov-19 15:48:08

Ellenvannin there is another poster called Glammanana - maybe you are confusing us. I didn’t realise for some while the names are quite similar

EllanVannin Fri 29-Nov-19 16:48:27

Ooooh, Glammagran, so it is. I was worried for a moment as I know the other one personally. Specsavers for me ? smile Sorry.

However, it's a lovely pic and you both look very well.

hulahoop Fri 29-Nov-19 17:36:00

I don't often post on here but have to agree with urmston what some people did to obtain these grand houses I know some did a lot for local people but some didn't suppose it's much the same now nothing really changes does it .

BlueSapphire Fri 29-Nov-19 17:51:59

Loopylou, I am originally from North Wiltshire! A day out in Bath was a real treat when we were children. No Christmas market in those days, though.

loopylou Fri 29-Nov-19 18:10:30

Hello BlueSapphire from a fellow Moonraker!