Gransnet forums

Chat

Why do so many people only get the top set done?

(38 Posts)
silverscarlett Sat 30-Nov-19 09:27:04

This is the result of having expensive veneers done on the upper teeth only. It’s really tricky to have veneers done successfully on lower teeth as they are so small, so if they are of regular appearance (and the patient is happy with them) it’s common to just whiten the lower teeth. This should always be done first, with the veneers being made to match the shade achieved., then the end result is good. The mis matched appearance happens when either the patient has opted only to have the uppers done ( usually due to cost) or they have tried to whiten the lowers after having the veneers done, probably having requested a shade that their own teeth are never going to achieve, even with whitening.

Nona4ever Sat 30-Nov-19 09:21:16

I know he’s not a celebrity although he thinks he is, but Gregg Wallace has a perfectly formed upper set and bottom teeth which look like collapsed dominoes.

shysal Sat 30-Nov-19 07:42:30

The celeb teeth are usually veneers costing thousands, so if their bottom set are not visible a lot of the time, they obviously don't consider them worth the expense. Also I believe it is painful to bite on veneers, so at least they can use the bottoms.

BradfordLass72 Sat 30-Nov-19 00:11:50

Maybe, like sheep, they only have a bottom set of teeth and need to get plastic ones.

Unless they are eco-obsessed in which cas e they get paper teeth.

Or very rich, in which case they can stipulate porcelain.

Or if they are George Washington, they use other people's teeth.
He once trialled some wooden ones but they didn't last and he wasn't up to chopping his own choppers after the incident with the Cherry Tree.

annodomini Fri 29-Nov-19 23:42:20

What's more, some celebs seem to have concentrated only on whitening the front teeth. If they smile/grin/laugh too broadly, you can see the yellow ones further back!

gmarie Fri 29-Nov-19 23:04:39

"Corporation clackers" grin Love it!

BlueBelle Fri 29-Nov-19 23:01:48

I ve never noticed only the top set done Cowell s got them both hasn’t he and Rylan ? Who else is there

Tangerine Fri 29-Nov-19 22:42:53

Corporation clackers - hilarious! I must remember that phrase.

midgey Fri 29-Nov-19 21:09:21

I think Alima means their teeth have been whitened! Not false teeth, otherwise known as corporation clackers in our house!

Esspee Fri 29-Nov-19 20:58:38

Do people still have false teeth? I thought it was just the extremely elderly who "had them out" when they were younger.

Tedber Fri 29-Nov-19 19:18:06

Ha ha...Alima...maybe they just think the top ones will be 'on show' What do you mean about getting the lot done? If there is nothing wrong with the bottom ones, other than looking natural, then why bother?

Calendargirl Fri 29-Nov-19 19:15:47

Saving up for the bottom set?

Alima Fri 29-Nov-19 19:13:59

It seems that every time we watch the TV nowadays there is someone beating their gums showing off a brilliant white top set of teeth and a much more natural looking row of bottom choppers. ( Rylan Clarke Neal being an exception, his teeth must be visible from space). Is there a reason, apart from cost, that so many “TV” people just get the one lot done?