Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Mornng Sunday

(82 Posts)
Scentia Sun 01-Dec-19 07:09:15

Good Morning all, had a great day at Chatsworth on Friday and had my DGS overnight so his mum could finish the decorating in readiness for his Daddy returning home from offshore. I love having him all to myself?
Today is a visit to the cemetery as it is 27 years ago today that we lost our Niece. I will take the dog and walk some of our old haunts we used to go to before we moved to Staffordshire. I wonder if she will remember the walks??
Hope you all enjoy your Sunday as the weather looks fine.

Grammaretto Sun 01-Dec-19 06:47:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I've not slept well. Big family lunch today to celebrate my in-laws' wedding anniversary. The clan is gathering. They had a card from the palace and are chuffed.
I don't like the sound of your electrocutioners Mick! sounds terminal.
It's not good having no TV.
I like listening to the cricket on the radio!
Have a nice day everyone and keep warm.

QuaintIrene Sun 01-Dec-19 06:44:00

Good morning all three of us ! What a night, my neighbour had a party. It’s rare, I don’t mind but even though the noise wasn’t anything like a nuisance it was the cars coming and going all night that kept me awake. So I have been up since 3 and it’s all quiet now. I might make some hot chocolate and go back to bed with cat and book. I have nothing to do today apart from a bit of housework. Funnily enough my friend is going to Bournemouth next week. I haven’t been since I was a teenager. I am going to Manchester for a mooch next week and do my Christmas shopping. I love Manchester and the shops there.
I hope all will be well with you. Wrap up. Brrr !

Ginny42 Sun 01-Dec-19 06:41:54

Good morning Mick from a frosty morning in Cheshire. What a lot of hassle for you, so perhaps as well you're going away for a few days until it's all sorted. Go and enjoy your break and watch favourite programmes there.

It was a glorious day yesterday, but very cold and I noticed that a little wren is back in its nest under my balcony. I planted some cyclamen and primulas in tubs at the front of the house, so I'm hoping they survive. They were outside at the garden centre.

Yesterday I had a new garden gate fitted and the man who made it didn't use the 'correct' shade of dark brown stain, so going to buy a darker one and if it's not too cold, I'll go over it today. Neighbours are quick to comment!

Hope Marydoll is now enjoying the Big Apple. Such good news from Gilly yesterday. Let's hope for more of the same today.

Have a good Sunday everyone and keep warm.

love0c Sun 01-Dec-19 06:31:20

Morning Michael and all!

Going to Bournemouth too, but not till next week. Hoping for some nice sunshine. We love it down there! Now the ferry is up and running again too.

Enjoy your break Mick and fingers crossed you get some sunshine.

cornergran Sun 01-Dec-19 06:25:23

Morning Mick, morning All from a cold, dry corner of Somerset. Goodness, Mick what a kerfuffle. Hope it’s sorted soon, in the meantime enjoy your break. Unusually early start for me after a disturbed night. Top up food shop this morning then best get in with the cards before family come for a quick meal this evening. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone and gilly has more positive news.

12Michael Sun 01-Dec-19 06:17:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark it doe not look as if it was as frosty as yesterday morning.
Quiet day today for me do some packing, as I am off on a short break tomorrow morning until Friday to Bournemouth , a festive break as opposed to a turkey and tinsel .
The TV situation as not changed , seems as though a part is needed so myself and others suffer another day without TV .
We have had electrocutions in rewiring , new lighting and smoke alarms plus new ceiling panels , which have covered over trap doors for TV cabling.
Hoping before I leave after 1030 tomorrow something has been done , but otherwise it will be when I get back will I have TV then .
Mick