Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Dec-19 06:14:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Off on my festive break to Bournemouth around 1030 ish .
I am hoping when I return Friday afternoon the TV issue is sorted so I can enjoy programmes again, mind think I will be watching TV whilst away as well.
Mick

janzicb1 Mon 02-Dec-19 17:20:52

Dear one don’t be worried about taking tablets they are such a help when you most need it and certainly help your mood. I’ve been taking for some years now and I know probably for ever but the difference is worth having to take them. All the best. I hope your doctor helps you to get to feeling better!! Xx

JenniferEccles Mon 02-Dec-19 15:15:55

What a wonderfully entertaining post Marydoll!

EllanVannin Mon 02-Dec-19 14:20:51

Hoping Marydoll doesn't have to dig her way out tomorrow if the snow keeps falling----it comes down fast and furious there.

Don't laugh though as that weather reaches us in a couple of weeks time usually.

conor Mon 02-Dec-19 12:38:42

Just brilliant Marydoll, my sides are hurting from laughing at your adventures. Hope you hold everyone together and have a wonderful time on the "Lights of Broadway" Keep posting as you are such a tonic on this cold wintry day! ❄️☃️?

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 12:10:21

Just LOVING the fact that it’s you Marydoll holding things together for everyone over there! You rock!

Marydoll Mon 02-Dec-19 11:47:43

Good morning all from NY, it's 515am, 3c and I can't get back to sleep.

I'm trying to keep my meds on an even keel, but not making a very good job of it! It's difficult, when you have an active four year old wandering about and trying to keep them out of her reach.

Yesterday's update:

DS had arranged for us to be picked up to go to the shopping outlet, but was very anxious after the non show, the night before at the airport.?
Anyway, all was well, ( apart from DGD, protesting about being restrained in the bar of the vehicle.)
I sang, played "I spy" and told stories to the amusement/ annoyance of the others in the vehicle.
We felt a bit like the members of the "Desperate Housewives cast, heading towards New Jersey in a blacked out vehicle. I can't believe I'm admitting to watching, " Desperate Housewives!" ?
Then it started to snow, just a few silvery flakes at first, snow....❄️then...... DGD was delighted, then had a strop when told she couldn't make a snowman. ⛄.
Can you feel the tension rising.........?

When we arrived, at the Catskill mountains, it was freezing❄️ DS had the bright idea, they would leave the wee one with papa for "half an hour" and walk with me to the Levi shop to get denims for DD, in case I fell.
What they meant was they wanted to escape, they must think I'm daft!! ?
Half an hour later, I was back on my own, worried about papa on his own, the ground was treacherous, but the desire to grab a bargain, was more than the need not to fall on one's bahooki, there was no sign of the intrepid shoppers, DS and DIL.?
I should have said that the outlet was all outdoors!
Knowing you will find this hard to believe, I hardly bought a thing, a couple of J Crew Jumpers and a pair of Sketchers boots.

Then the snow started to get heavier and heavier.....mini snow ploughs were clearing the paths, but it was a skating rink.⛸️
The stores started to close down, DIL was panicking, as the family had all given her dollars for her birthday today and she wanted to , spend, spend, spend..
Then we heard an announcement staying all the buses were stopping due to the weather, I was panicking now! Stranded in the Catskills in the snow, in the middle of nowhere.?
After a very anxious wait of a couple of hours our driver appeared. It was a treacherous, ninety minute journey in the dark in snow and sleet, I was traumatised!!!
It was only when we came back to our hotel that I realised the bright lights which had been shining into our room, were the lights of Broadway! It was spectacular, I had been totally disorientated the evening before.

DIL was becoming very unwell, streaming cold, and slightly. tearful and I was tryinging to jolly everyone along! It's really hard work, being a mum!!!?

I sent DIL to bed and the men went out for food, while I gather the wee one. After a sleep DIL got up, opened the blind and it came crashing down on top of her.
DS and DH tried to put it back up, worried in case the hotel management, thought we were vandal, trashing the room.
It took an hour, all this time I was trying to keep DGD amused. When I say DS standing on a window ledge, twelve floors up from Times Square, I have to admit to feeling a teenie weenie bit apprehensive.?
However, it was one of those occasions, when discretion is the better part of valour. I retreated to the other room?

This morning is DILs birthday, she has coughed all. night, DS has lost a filling this morning and DGD has conjunctivitis, we can't get the heating working in the room and my phone isn't working!!! Oh dear. ☹️ Should we have stayed at home????
On the other hand, DH and I are fine, well we have to be regardless, the younger generation are wimps!!!!!? I find it highly amusing that everyone was worrying about me coping in NY and I'm the one trying to support everyone else.

Today, we are doing the bus tour, more snow is forecast, so who knows what will happen!

You may find it difficult to believe, but I'm enjoying the whole experience! Whether I survive or not, is a totally different question.

Sending hugs to the BGillybob's and anyone else who needs them, especially Maw after last night's unpleasantness. That was upsetting to read last night.

I will love you and leave you, as my mother used to say.?

whywhywhy Mon 02-Dec-19 11:04:33

Thank you Urmstongran it has gone to the point where I need help. x

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 10:59:47

? for you whywhywhy go to your doctor. x

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 10:58:42

I keep checking to see if there’s an update from gillybob and a novella from Marydoll
?

CaroleAnne Mon 02-Dec-19 10:44:51

Alygran. Thinking of you.flowers

whywhywhy Mon 02-Dec-19 10:43:36

Good morning from a sunny but frosty Market Harborough area. I'm battling depression as usual and must bite the bullet and go and see the dr but I dont want to be dependent on tablets.

Sending love and hugs to GillyBob.

Have a happy and healthy day to everyone. x

EllaKeat Mon 02-Dec-19 10:24:19

Alygran I am going to a showing of Les Mis tonight too.
I will raise a glass to you wine

harrigran Mon 02-Dec-19 09:51:23

Alygran flowers

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-Dec-19 09:40:24

Alygran flowers

vena11 Mon 02-Dec-19 09:36:34

flowers Alygran

Auntieflo Mon 02-Dec-19 09:36:19

Good morning Michael, enjoy your short break away. Morning Annie and all who follow.
I didn't open the curtains until 8.30 , to be greeted by a very frosty world. The twins nanny, across the road, was just taking them out, to school with their big brother. They were well wrapped up, but one of them was complaining.
DH is head down over his IPad, trying to sort the rotas for the Christmas AV services at Church. Big headache coming on I should think.
No concrete plans for today, just go with the flow, but lasagne sounds tempting.
Hoping to hear more positive news from Gillybob, if she finds a few moments to post. Wishing them well.
Marydoll are you behaving in NYC?
Have a good day one and all.

Urmstongran Mon 02-Dec-19 09:24:52

Beautiful view Ella I’d love to walk there too! It must be a joy to live where you do.

harrigran Mon 02-Dec-19 09:00:16

Good morning from the NE where it is above freezing.
Stay at home day today and get some housework done, must start writing Christmas cards.
We had a noisy afternoon yesterday, a car on a drive developed a fault and the horn was blaring out one long continuous note. Unlike alarms that shut off after a few minutes this continued for four hours until the owner arrived home after dark and had to fiddle around under the bonnet.
Thinking of the gillybobs.

EllaKeat Mon 02-Dec-19 08:59:45

Good morning from a beautiful Durham this morning! Seeing the sunshine really does cheer you up?

Hope Marydoll is keeping herself out of trouble (for once), that thijgs continue to improve for gillybob and that everyone has a safe a lovelystart to the week.
Pictures from my walk this morning

NannyJan53 Mon 02-Dec-19 08:59:23

((((hugs))) Alygran flowers

moggie Mon 02-Dec-19 08:53:06

Hug & flowers Alygran

Anniebach Mon 02-Dec-19 08:53:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rufus2 Mon 02-Dec-19 08:50:47

G'Day Mick and others; Watch out chatting up all those rich widows in their beige cardis.! grin Chatted with our Michelle who lives in B'mouth, on the phone last evening and seemed like they'll need something more substantial' Any chance of receiving a saucy seaside postcard? shock
OoRoo

moggie Mon 02-Dec-19 08:49:18

Good morning Mick & all from frosty, bright Nottingham. Ironing & visit library today. Might join DH on bike ride after lunch.
Have a nice break in Bournemouth Mick.
I’m making lasagne today too, one of my favourites Beechnut & Nannyjan.
Thoughts are with Gillybob & her DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

conor Mon 02-Dec-19 08:48:41

Good morning from chilly Essex. Beautiful sunrise so winter does have its bonus. Carpet cleaning man coming this morning so will be marooned in the kitchen and will get my Xmas cards written. Then a small shop and collecting GS1 from school. Hope everyone has a good day and we await next episode from NYC?xxxx