Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Dec-19 06:14:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
Off on my festive break to Bournemouth around 1030 ish .
I am hoping when I return Friday afternoon the TV issue is sorted so I can enjoy programmes again, mind think I will be watching TV whilst away as well.
Mick

NanKate Mon 02-Dec-19 06:41:37

Morning Mick and All.

Dark and frozen here in South Bucks. I do hate theses dark mornings when I have to get up and go out, it’s Keep Fit today so I must make an effort.

Have a lovely time in Bournemouth. The Aquarium is a good place to visit on the seafront Mick.

I have a busy week ahead so I must keep up the momentum and get everything done that needs doing.

Do hope Mary’s trip goes well in NY after the tricky first day of travel.

Hope things are continuing to improve Gilly. ?

vena11 Mon 02-Dec-19 06:43:29

Good Morning from a cold and frosty Bristol.
School run this morning and then pickup in the afternoon and maybe a walk before the pickup.
Enjoy your trip Mick.
I hope everyone is feeling well and Gillybob DH is still making progress.
Keep warm everyone and enjoy the day .

ninathenana Mon 02-Dec-19 06:49:17

Good morning Mick, NanKate and all.
Still dark but clear skies in Kent. I was woken by noisy cats in the garden, went to the bathroom then misread the clock, it wasn't 6.20am as I discovered when I got downstairs it was 4.30am. I might need a lay down later.
No plans for today. Good wishes to gillybobs and all those with worries and ills.

Lins1066 Mon 02-Dec-19 06:50:49

Good Morning from a frosty S Welsh coast.
Didn't sleep much, listened to the cricket for much of the night.
Hope Marydoll will have good time in New York.
Have a pleasant day everyone.

MawB Mon 02-Dec-19 07:02:38

Good morning from N Bucks where it is still very cold and dark. Hattie woke me at 10 to 7 which is much too early for me, so made a mug of tea and have come back to bed!
Paw’s sisters from Kent and London are coming up to see his stone, so I have got the soup out of the freezer and will be picking them up from the station late morning.
Have a lovely time in Bournemouth Mick. I have happy memories of Bournemouth/Poole when Paw worked there at County Gates from 2001-2008. Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Scentia Mon 02-Dec-19 07:02:38

Good Morning all, a cold start to the day here in Staffordshire.
Woke up with what seems to be my third cold in as many months, but work beckons.
Only 18 days until we close the business for Christmas and go off to the Caribbean on a cruise. (DH isn’t relishing the idea of his first cruise!)
Ordered all my shop for our ‘Christmas Day’ which will be on the 14th this year, got all the family round and they are not looking forward the idea of Mum’s cooking? it has never been my strong point! I have told them all to make sure they have breakfast before they come!! We will have presents and games and drink it will be like the 25th only a bit early. (Stops all the issues with who to spend the day with for my kids if we do ours a bit earlier in the month)

Hope everyone has a good day and Mr Gillybob continues on his road to recovery.

Beechnut Mon 02-Dec-19 07:06:19

Good Morning everyone.

It’s frosty start on Severnside and just getting light with a red stripe on the horizon.

Only a couple of more weeks NanKate and it will start to get lighter.

Packed away my autumn decorations ready for putting out the Christmas one’s yesterday.

Not sure what I will do today apart from make a lasagne. It’s been a long time since I last made one.

Keep warm, well and have a good day all whatever you do ?

Ginny42 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:18:19

Good morning Mick and everyone. Enjoy your holiday Mick it will be nice to be waited on.
The same happened to me this morning ninathenana! I woke up at just after 4 o'clock and heard someone bleep their car lock. Thought it was much later and it must have been someone coming home!
Surprised to see that despite my phone telling me it's -2C outside there's very little frost this morning in Cheshire. It was quite warm in the sun yesterday, so there must be less moisture in the air.

I had to use a knife to open my Advent calendar from my DD! I got a small scented candle yesterday and this morning it was a body spray.

Walking in the woods at 9.00 with neighbours and their pooches. Then shopping to stock up the freezers unless my housebound friend needs help today, in which case plans will change. This afternoon I'm going with a friend to visit her husband in a NH and then back to hers for an early dinner.

Hoping for more good news from Gilly and that Marydoll is enjoying her trip and is staying well. Hope all who are under the weather have a better day today.

Have a pleasant Monday.

Greyduster Mon 02-Dec-19 07:21:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A hard frost in South Yorkshire and the dawn is, to quote Kipling, “coming up like thunder”. Lovely sight. I hope you enjoy Bournemouth, Mick - one of those places we keep saying we’ll visit and never seem to get round to it! Domestics for me this morning, and then school run. Hope Mr Gilly is continuing to improve. Have a happy day folks!

BlueSapphire Mon 02-Dec-19 07:25:31

Hello everyone from a cold and frosty morning in Northampton.

Had a day in for once yesterday so set to and made the sausage rolls to take to DS's at Christmas. Now safely packed away in the freezer to stop me eating them! Also tried to sort out my WiFi poor signal with the help of BT's online trouble shooting. They checked and refreshed the connection, I tinkered with a few cables and the hub, and rebooted everything, and am keeping my fingers crossed. It's times like this when I miss DH!

Going to a funeral later this morning so glad it is a dry day. It is the husband of an ex-colleague, only in his 60s. I will need to book a taxi, as the crematorium is out in the sticks.

Thinking of Gilly, and those with troubles and worries.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:26:12

I’m glad I read this, this morning. I have been wondering what had happened to gilly and now it seems I I found the answer.

So gilly whatever has happened to your DH, best regards from me as I have missed your posting.

NannyJan53 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:31:11

Good Morning from a very frosty Black Country. It was minus 1 in the car when I took my Partner to the train station at 7am.

Had a lovely break in Malvern at the weekend. The play was called Prism, starring Robert Lindsay. It was very good.

Today I have been asked to meet my 10 year old DGD from school whilst my son and DIL are out for the day Christmas shopping. They live near Lichfield so I will go earlier and have a mooch round the town. I lived there for 20 years until 2002. It is about an hours drive from me.

Lasagne is my signature dish Beechnut I often make one for myself and for the family for their freezers.

Enjoy your few days in Bournemouth Mick . I hope Marydoll has a lovely time in New York.

Thoughts are with gillybob and her DH

GrannyGravy13 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:33:12

Good morning Mick and all x

Mick enjoy your Festive Break.

Marydoll I hope you have been enjoying New York and behaving yourself?

I am going to have to get myself organised and get some Christmas gifts this morning, then off to the gym which will be hard after a 4 week break.

On the brighter side it’s my last day of anti-malaria medication- yippee.

The sun is trying to peek through and the sky is a glorious pinky blue here in SE Essex.

Have a good day folks, keep safe.

PS gillybob thinking of you both flowers

Curlywhirly Mon 02-Dec-19 07:33:44

Good morning from a very, very frosty Cheshire (Ginny42, we obviously live in different parts of Cheshire!) Just getting ready for our 1 year old grandson to arrive as it's my day to have him. Have to watch him like a hawk as he can now open the 'treats' kitchen cupboard and keeps appearing with crisps and biscuits and a big smile on his face! If he has his afternoon nap (unfortunately, as he's nearly 2, he's started to not need it?) I will make a start on writing out my Christmas cards. Waiting to hear the next installment of Marydoll's escapades in NY and hope the Gillybob's have had a good weekend and that all is well.

Brunette10 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:43:47

Good Morning from a drizzly Fife, unfortunately frost is away so no doubt it will be quite miserable today when it lightens up. Mick hope you have a good break, always nice to get away. Have DH at hospital today so it may take quite a while, nothing too worry about just check ups but have to be there with him. Will see how time goes before I plan anything else. Hoping Marydoll has settled in NY and having a great time. Chin up all with worries and troubles. Hope Monday is good to all.

cornergran Mon 02-Dec-19 07:44:02

Morning Mick, morning All from a cold, frosty corner of Somerset. Enjoy Bournemouth mick, haven’t been for a while but we always enjoy being there. May go to see an NT decorated for Christmas or may just stay in the warm. Looking forward to hearing about marydolls exploits in NY. Hope progress continues for gillys husband and Monday is kind to everyone.

Pantglas2 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:46:12

Morning all from dry north Wales- not so cold today and have already been up to do my yoga stretches whilst brewing my chamber pot of tea.

You all seem so organised with your Christmas plans and I can’t think about it until I get my birthday out of the way later this week! Off to Beaumaris for dinner B and B to celebrate and a visit to Halen Mon will be my birthday treat - we don’t do presents anymore, just ‘experiences’! As DD phrased it!

Hope all have a good news day x

Beechnut Mon 02-Dec-19 07:46:18

NannyJan I love a lasagne. It’s one of my comfort foods like Shepherds/cottage pie.

Urmston thanks for reminding me....I had forgotten what went before ‘for being so quick’.

Resurgam123 Mon 02-Dec-19 07:51:46

Good Morning All . Another white frosty lawn. The sun does not reach our front garden until afternoon.
I made spanopikita yesterday. It was very nice indeed. I have not made it for a while.

Grammaretto Mon 02-Dec-19 07:58:08

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. 4 degrees and drizzly.
A beautiful frosty day for the family gathering yesterday so I'm not complaining.
DS and DGC are still here.
Happy Monday everyone.
I hope the news is good from Gillybob
As for NY......we can only wait and see.
grin

EllanVannin Mon 02-Dec-19 07:59:31

Good Morning All x.
It's not as frosty this morning I don't think, still quite dark so can't really tell though it doesn't appear to be as cold.

5.30am seems to be the new waking hour at the moment, or my bladder seems to think so. No way can I get back to sleep again so I'm then up pottering, feeding the cats then letting them out. It's surprising where the time goes by the time I've had my cuppa, read the paper and sorted my day clothes out.

A trip into the village later for my Christmas cards then that'll be the worst job over with as I always seem to leave them to the end. I think it's the choosing of them for various family members and friends that's the chore whereas a couple of boxes of mixed cards to neighbours and acquaintances is the easy part.

Pea and ham soup today to use up yesterdays mushy peas that I had with dinner, so a nice and easy meal, love it, crusty bread to go with it too.

Stay warm and well everyone and hope things continue in the right direction with the Gillybobs xx.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 02-Dec-19 08:07:19

Good morning from East London, looking bright, feels nippy and a glorious sunrise. Currently being entertained by the preparation of the sports field opposite my house for the ‘illuminated forest’ event the weekend after next to close the borough’s year of culture. May have to limbo past the windows when I’m getting dressed on the basis if I can see them (currently a road’s width away) ........ Tennis at lunchtime today then hospital appointment after then food shopping. One of DD’s friends has organised a last minute semi surprise ‘not a baby shower’ for her tomorrow and I’ve got some prep to do for that. Hope everyone has a good day.

kittylester Mon 02-Dec-19 08:09:01

Morning from a freezing cold North Leicestershire - although it isnt quite as cold as yesterday.

My main job today is to make vast quantities of bread sauce! And to iron!

We finished the photo books yesterday - just a quick check and then to order them. Quite a weight lifted.

Hope New York is still coping with marydoll. And hoping to hear from gillybob - I think she has missed 2 days now!

Enjoy your Mondays everyone.

Yiayia4 Mon 02-Dec-19 08:22:32

Morning all a very bright frosty morning in Surrey.

Love Spanakopita Resurgam,a real taste of Greece.
Sorting out Christmas tree and decorations, the elf is back for another Christmas and will be up to his tricks?

Hope Marydoll had a better day yesterday and hit the shops,continued good wishes to the Gillbobs.
Have a good Monday everyone.