Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(62 Posts)
Beechnut Tue 03-Dec-19 06:42:21

Up you get and come on in ?

Alygran Tue 03-Dec-19 08:29:18

Good morning. Another beautiful sunrise today in North Yorkshire.
Thank you for all the flowers and wishes yesterday. It really buoyed me up. GN at its best. Shopped, walked and spent the day quietly. The Les Mis stage concert screening was brilliant. So pleased I went.
Today I am picking some friends up from Newcastle Airport. They have been to Australia for 3 weeks. Can’t wait to hear all about it.
Hope everyone has a good day.

aggie Tue 03-Dec-19 08:32:27

Good morning all , 3 degrees here and thick cloud . Shopping yesterday , but only remembered things when I got home , I forgot my list !
I still have a rotten cold and explosive sneezing sounds so bad with my new hearing aids ..............

harrigran Tue 03-Dec-19 08:34:38

Good morning from the NE where it is well above freezing.
A day at home waiting for a delivery and I have a bedroom to empty for a new bed coming tomorrow.
Checked my premium bonds at midnight and found I had four wins, not a fortune but very nice and way more than I make in interest on my bank account.
Thinking of the gillybobs and praying for continued progress, I am sure gilly will be even more busy with DH now awake.

conor Tue 03-Dec-19 08:45:29

Good morning from a bright sunny Essex. Still smiling from Marydoll's post yesterday. I hope she is not snowed in today! Supermarket shop this morning and then school volunteering, GS1 school pick up and dinner and then yoga to relax. I hope Gillybobs has more good news(we are waiting!) and everyone has the best day they can sunshinexxx

EllaKeat Tue 03-Dec-19 08:54:59

Morning all, another beautiful start to the day here in Durham (apologies for boring you with pics every day, but I just love where I live)?
Hope the good weather continues. It is my day with donkeys and llamas tomorrow and the past few weeks I have been wading through mud....... a wee bit of sunshine would be very welcome!
Thinking of gillybobs and hoping Marydoll has not gotten into any more trouble?

Nortsat46 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:58:53

Good morning team ... Good morning Beechnut, well done for an early, bright & breezy opening.
Easy day for me today, more Christmas card writing and some parcels to prepare for posting. Partner working this morning ... it may be a good day for lunch out, as it’s quite bright, in our part of east London.

I have CT scan tomorrow, which I am not much looking forward to.

Brunette10, your DD’s Christmas cross stitch is really beautiful. I also make cross stitch, so I can appreciate the amount of work that has gone into it. So many lovely colours, which of course are even more time consuming. Thank you for sharing the photograph.

Have a good day everyone and good thoughts to gillybob and all who are facing challenges.

gillybob Tue 03-Dec-19 08:59:43

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a lovely bright and sunny winter morning.

Apologies for not posting for the last couple of days but I was hoping that things would have picked up and I’m sure everyone is beginning to get fed up with my misery.

Medically DH is doing rather well, all things considered. He is now without the tracheostomy tube altogether and is managing with nasal “bud” oxygen. The amount of medication has come right down and there is talk of him going up to the ward soon but...... he is suffering from delirium which is extremely upsetting and frightening . Continuously reaching out for things that are not there, thrashing around and talking nonsense. Yesterday he begged me to get him out as “they were all trying to kill him” and were “experimenting on him” during the night . When I try to calm him down and reassure him he gets very angry and tells me that “I am part of it all” . Some of the things he is saying are very frightening and hurtful . This went on almost all day Sunday and most of yesterday too. In the end they had to sedate him which is of course a step backwards .

The consultant anaesthetist tells me that this is fairly common in older people who have been on life support for as long as DH has . I think I have read everything available on the internet about Delirium which is very scary. They are going to try putting him in a special chair today in the hope that it might snap him out of it (apparently it can happen just like that ?).

Forgive me if I don’t post for a few days . I am really struggling to stay positive .

With huge thanks to all of those sending love, prayers and best wishes.

Love Gilly x

conor Tue 03-Dec-19 08:59:50

Urmstongran I like the sound of sitting in the sunshine reading a book all day!! Xxsmile

Anniebach Tue 03-Dec-19 09:00:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

conor Tue 03-Dec-19 09:02:25

Hang on in there Gillybobssunshineflowersxxx

EllaKeat Tue 03-Dec-19 09:10:25

@gillybobs flowers

Bellanonna Tue 03-Dec-19 09:15:41

gillybob ?

BlueSapphire Tue 03-Dec-19 09:20:57

A late good morning from Northampton, where the sun is trying to poke through. I stayed in bed dozing till just gone 8, which is unheard for me! I will try and get to my health walk after lunch if it stays fine. Waiting to hear whether I need to pick up DGD from school this afternoon.

Attended the funeral yesterday of an ex-colleague's/friend's husband. The crematorium was packed, standing room only. My friend appeared to be coping well, but you are on auto-pilot really, as I found out at DH's funeral. We are hoping to meet up soon. Several other ex-colleagues were there as well, and it was good to have a chat and a catch-up. A few of us are meeting at someone's house next week for Christmas afternoon tea.

Stupidly clicked on what I thought was an email from Amazon last night renewing my Prime account, as it renews this month. Then checked, and found out it wasn't - so spent the rest of the evening changing passwords and scanning my devices. Nothing untoward found yet. Checked my Amazon account this morning, and bank account and all seems ok. Will keep checking.

Alygran, I am going to the encore screening of Les Mis on Sunday - glad it was good and looking forward to it. Also renewed my membership of our little art-house cinema, and then booked to see three more films. 'Knives Out', 'Last Christmas', and 'Little Women'.

Hoping to hear more about 'The Further Adventures of Marydoll in New York'!
Have a good day everyone.

Como2020 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:23:31

gillbob Sending you strength and love. ?

NfkDumpling Tue 03-Dec-19 09:29:29

Oh Gilly how very distressing for you, both of you. I do hope he ‘comes too’ soon. It must all be very scary. flowers and (((hugs))).

Yiayia4 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:30:45

Gillybobs thinking of you xx

Ginny42 Tue 03-Dec-19 09:32:23

Gillyob Sending more strength and love. xx

Alygran Tue 03-Dec-19 09:41:14

Gilly flowers

eazybee Tue 03-Dec-19 09:47:23

Gillybob, I don't know if you are able to read the previous posts you made when you were in the depths of despair; your husband has made such progress since then, and is fighting so hard to overcome his trauma,
I do hope you are getting some emotional support for you; you are carrying such a burden on your own..

aggie Tue 03-Dec-19 09:48:40

Oh Gilly hang in there it is early days xxxxx

Grammaretto Tue 03-Dec-19 09:48:54

That must be terrible Gillybob. I hope he snaps out of it.
My friend had a psychotic episode and when we visited him in the psychiatric hospital it was very disturbing. He was suffering from paranoia and didn't want me anywhere near. DH was allowed.
I thought it was hopeless but he recovered fully and has no memory of that time.

Greyduster Tue 03-Dec-19 09:53:11

A late good morning to you all, and Michael in absentia. Another broken night for me, downing sodium citrate and ibuprofen! The sun is shining in South Yorkshire, though, and I feel a little better, so I must stir my stumps. I have promised GS I would make him a chicken pie. Why are we grans such a soft touch? School run later. Have a good day, people. Chin up Gilly?.

MawB Tue 03-Dec-19 09:54:29

I remember Paw suffering from dreadful hallucinations after his transplant and the other lengthy operations on his bowel and his heart. He said years later they were worse than the worst nightmares he had ever known, so I send every sympathy.
So hard for you, it used to reduce me to tears when I was visiting him as I did not understand that it was not permanent.
This too shall pass flowers

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 03-Dec-19 10:09:36

Morning all from a bright, sunny but cold South Notts. Expect a visit from sister later unless something comes up.
It must feel like one step forward, two steps back gilly, hang on in there, we're all willing you both on here.

CaroleAnne Tue 03-Dec-19 10:33:20

Good to hear from you Gillybob. Your husband although making physical progress probably needs more time to recover mentally. I hope that this is the case anyway. It is a strain on you and we are all thinking and praying that a there will be a good outcome. It may take a bit of time though. Hold on in there. You are doing a great job holding it all together. I am sending you both healing thoughts. xflowers