Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(51 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 04-Dec-19 06:09:17

G'Day everyone! I've been up for a few hours feeling kind of restless, so in Mick's absence I thought I"d volunteer to open up and greet you all with a cheery good morning.
It's been a lovely day here in Melb. Cool at night but delightful when the morning clouds have gone. It's our 4th. official day of summer after all. smile Have a good one!
OoRoo

Ginny42 Wed 04-Dec-19 06:35:19

Good morning to you across the miles Rufus and all who follow. I haven't even looked out yet, but in Cheshire yesterday it was the most perfect English winter day, with the now incredibly beautiful leafless skeleton trees silhouetted against an endless blue sky. I'm hoping for the same today.

Today I must visit my housebound friend who has to return to a home this week because the SS cannot find carers, so she must go into respite care, even though she was paying.

But first a walk in the beautiful woods alongside my home.

Love and kind wishes to Gilly and her DH and all with worries of one kind or another.

Have a good day everyone whatever you may have planned.

kittylester Wed 04-Dec-19 06:45:26

Morning all from a dry but chilly North Leicestershire where we have the added attraction of a taxi driver who appears to have broken down and who seems to think that shouting and kicking his car will right the problem.

Christmas shopping today!

Sending love and strength to gilly, hoping MaryD makes it home and , also, wondering if anyone has seen deagonfly?

kittylester Wed 04-Dec-19 06:46:11

dragonfly!!!!

vena11 Wed 04-Dec-19 06:51:28

Good Morning from a frosty Bristol.
I slept for about 2 hours last night the worst one for about a week and I am up now because I have the school run this morning , as I have nothing planned until the school pick up I might have a little nap.
I hope everyone has a peaceful day.

ninathenana Wed 04-Dec-19 06:56:00

Good morning everyone.

There is a low mist across the marsh behind us and a repeat of yesterdays sun is forecast.
DH has a blood test first thing but that is all that's on the schedule for today.
Have a good day all

cornergran Wed 04-Dec-19 06:57:07

Morning All. Dark and feels very cold in our corner of Somerset. Chores for me today and Christmas ‘stuff’ before Grandma detail. Sending love to gilly and her husband. Hope marydoll and her family travel safely and Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Resurgam123 Wed 04-Dec-19 07:10:05

Ginny42
I really enjoyed the sushine on Monday after lots of gloom.
It was beautiful. It was a perfect winter day.

Beechnut Wed 04-Dec-19 07:15:06

Good Morning everyone. Thanks for getting the kettle on Rufus

I think I stole your sleep vena11. I dropped off to sleep in the chair last night and have woken later this morning.

It’s frosty outside so today my plan is to get out a duster and the cleaner ( I might even use them ?) and do some crafting.

Sending best wishes to all who are poorly and hope Marydoll gets through customs ok. Safe travels if you are out and about ?

Sar53 Wed 04-Dec-19 07:16:34

Good morning everyone from a still dark Essex by the sea, but a beautiful sunrise out there.
I am off to Leamington Spa later to stay with DD1 and family. I haven't seen them since the beginning of October so very excited to be with 3 of my lovely granddaughters.
A long train journey but I sit and read and far better than the motorway journey.
I wish you all a very pleasant Wednesday.

Beechnut Wed 04-Dec-19 07:17:55

I forgot to add how lovely I thought your picture was yesterday brunnette.

NanKate Wed 04-Dec-19 07:19:48

Good morning Rufus and All.

Cold and misty in South Bucks. I have my town and my DS’s village come up automatically in the BBC Weather map each day. I added New York so that I could keep up with the weather our intrepid traveller was experiencing. I suspect on her return to Scotland she will find it quite balmy and snowless in comparison.

Our WI Christmas Tea went well yesterday, even though the Entertainer Magician started with some very dodgy jokes. Him showing us the type of coffin he wanted to be buried in was just an example ? I can’t mention the others as they got worse.

Off for coffee with a friend today whilst DH goes to the dentist.

Hoping for better news from the Gillybobs.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 04-Dec-19 07:22:58

Good morning from east London, not too nippy & I see no rain, only the glorious oranges and pinks of the sunrise. Only (slightly) marred by the super security illumination on the playing field as work continues on the light installation. DD’s ‘not a baby shower’ went well yesterday; she took home more bags of stuff than we took to the charity shop on Monday. I also met her boyfriend’s mum for the first time ( and his nan and 2 aunties) so at least we won’t be strangers in the maternity ward. Couple of hours tennis this morning and need to do some practise for choir tomorrow- got to make sure I’m singing the right version of the song worms in my head. Hope you have a good day.

Grammaretto Wed 04-Dec-19 07:26:59

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It's not too cold. I hope it doesn't rain as we're going with the DGC to see the light show at the Botanics after dark 4 pm.
I hope Gilly has some better news.
Best wishes to all of you who are suffering.

Brunette10 Wed 04-Dec-19 07:32:39

Good Morning all and to those who follow. It's still dark here in Fife and have no idea what the weather for the day is, however no matter will just get on with last minute Christmas plans, wrapping etc. Have a couple of things to collect at M & S and that's it I am glad to say. Needing some time at home. Thank you Beechnut, NanKate and Kalu for commenting on my beautiful cross-stitch, it was kind of you. Marydoll's expedition to NY will soon be over, no doubt we shall hear all about her shenanigans wink. Gilly I hope everything is progressing well for you and DH. flowers I hope today is good to all, keep your spirits up.

Lins1066 Wed 04-Dec-19 07:43:32

Good Morning from a frosty S Welsh coast.
It is getting light, the sky is clear, blue with pink streaks.
Slept better last night but DH did not.
Hope Marydoll's travels are trouble free and that gillyand her DH are ok.
Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

EllanVannin Wed 04-Dec-19 07:44:08

Good Morning All x -and Rufus too where it'll be teatime I suspect.

Dry, with the prospect of another decent day. No frost that I can see but it's so dark, even now at 07.30, horrible.
Must shake a leg and get into the village and back before any parcels arrive-----the only fault with ordering online as some are delivered earlier/sooner than stated. Never mind.

Safe journey to Marydoll and the usual best wishes to the Gillybobs to keep fighting the good fight.
Hope Dragonfly is alright too, not having seen/heard from her, knee-deep in shopping I expect.

Hoping everyone else is okay.

BlueSapphire Wed 04-Dec-19 07:45:49

Good morning, Rufus and everyone, from a clear frosty morning in Northampton. Enjoy your lovely weather Rufus. Remember when we lived in Darwin we just had two seasons - the Dry and the Wet - it was always hot.

Had a really good health walk yesterday, taking a different route to normal which was a nice change. Then tea and chat afterwards, and then another 45 minute walk to pick up DGD from school and walk home.

Planning on a trip to Milton Keynes today for a mooch around the shops and lunch out. Have a voucher to spend on Beauty in M&S, so will see if theres anything that takes my fancy. Still cross that we lost our Marks here.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

Como2020 Wed 04-Dec-19 07:46:17

Good morning and hello to all.

A superbly rich mango stripe across the top of the hills promises a lovely day.

gilly Here’s hoping Mr.Gillybob has a calmer day.

Harris27 Wed 04-Dec-19 08:04:13

Good morning all. It’s dark and misty in the ne. However not raining at the moment! I’m having a rare day off and plan to enjoy it with lunch with a friend and cinema this evening with sister. So looking forward to it. Love to all.

Mapleleaf Wed 04-Dec-19 08:05:50

Good morning,

The frost has returned, and it looks lovely and bright at the moment.

Managed to get my last bits of Christmas present shopping finished in town yesterday, so now have to get them wrapped, which I may do later today, but first I must write the cards for abroad as I didn't get around to it on Monday as planned.
My plan is to cut down on cards a bit this year - postage is ridiculous now. It's a shame there can't be a Christmas card rate! ?

Yes, I hope marydolls return from N Y goes without incident, though judging by her adventures...??

Thinking of the gillybobs and pray that mr gilly has a calmer day.

Have a good day, everyone, and get well soon to anyone feeling unwell.

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Dec-19 08:08:25

Morning All

A clear blue sky here in the north of Norfolk so hopefully I’ll be able to get out into the garden to sort out the last bits that have now died back.

DGD’s school carol service tonight. Love a good carol.

I hope Mr G is more on an even keel today Gilly.

And that Mary makes it back in one piece.

And that Dragonfly is ok. I thought I must have missed posts as I don’t always get on every day.

Nannytopsy Wed 04-Dec-19 08:14:37

Good morning Rufus and all who follow. I am heavy with cold, so DH has gone to fetch me breakfast in bed. What a star! Another beautiful winter’s day here after a fabulously colourful sunset last night. We expect the builders shortly to start the last phase of our work - huzzah!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day x

Yiayia4 Wed 04-Dec-19 08:17:34

Morning all,looks bright and cold.

Just had a phone call to say DGS no 2 has a sore throat and temp so we will have him here for the day.Friends for dinner tonight so will be cooking and nursing today.

Safe journey home Marydoll and good wishes to Gillybob.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 04-Dec-19 08:23:18

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Malaga. We didn’t leave the apartment at all yesterday and so I’m two-thirds through the novel I started. It’s set in Naples - I think Marydoll would enjoy it.

Talking of she, I didn’t realise she’s on her way back today. I must have missed that bit! Wishing you a pleasant (and stress free) journey home Marydoll.

No plans again so will finish my book! But I must go out for a walk at some point today.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all (especially the gillybobs) whether we have plans or none. x