Gransnet forums

Chat

I wish they would stop.....

(36 Posts)
travelsafar Thu 05-Dec-19 08:30:24

I wish stores would stop sending me emails of all the things they have reduced in price after i have completed most of my christmas shopping!!!! I have just seen the very same Xmas jumper i purchased reduced twice in the last five days and dressing gowns now half price!!!! I am going to make a note on next year's calender to not buy anything untill half way through December. I could have bought better quality items or products, it is sooooo annoying!!!!! angry

HootyMcOwlface Thu 05-Dec-19 18:30:42

Yesterday I bought some chocolate figures in Thornton’s -£8 each, buy 3 for price of 2 - bought 3 so £16. Today I was in the Co-op and saw same things at £4.50 each. Checked prices online when I got home and also found they were indeed £8 in Thornton’s but only £4 each in Morrisons and Asda! I’m spitting mad at being ripped off by Thornton’s and I shall think twice before shopping in there again!

BlueSky Thu 05-Dec-19 18:49:14

Bought a Parker early as last year it was soon sold out in my size and colour. This year is on sale already. Cannot return as I've worn it!

glammagran Thu 05-Dec-19 19:09:00

Last night I received an email from Waitrose offering substantial discounts off 10 fine wines. I duly put an order in but when I got to online checkout there was not a SINGLE delivery slot left on any day, at any time including delivery sent to store. ??

instagran Thu 05-Dec-19 23:40:42

Sorry Hooty - they've been dearer than everyone else for years!

Hetty58 Fri 06-Dec-19 00:23:31

I'm fairly sure that, with M&S, Boots and Debenhams, (probably others) if you have a store card, you have priority and hear about offers a few days before other customers. You may as well get the cards - as you don't have to use them.

Witzend Fri 06-Dec-19 12:11:52

What I find not just annoying but also creepy, is when I've looked at something online but decided not to buy - only to get an email a little later saying, 'Take another look at what you had your eye on earlier!'
Yes, Joules, I mean you!

Yes, I know it's all purely computer-generated but I still find it creepy and big-brother-ish.

Fiachna50 Fri 06-Dec-19 13:15:28

I don't bother with emails from stores and delete them without reading. There are so many Id be there all night. I've done all my Christmas shopping, got some bargains in my local stores, only used Amazon once and that was for a gift I could not buy locally. I feel pleased to have supported local jobs. I have begun to find Amazon getting expensive with very few items being eligible for free postage. I bought a few things click and collect, but the store still got the sale.

Trixee Fri 06-Dec-19 17:01:10

A friend saw a nice kettle reduced by £10, but they had just sold the last one. She asked in another shop if they would price match and was told that they must stay firm on price so she should snap up the other one, “but they’ve sold out” she replied, “well ours are cheaper when we’ve sold out” said the assistant

patricia1958 Sat 07-Dec-19 12:31:37

I started Christmas early and because I cant get out much done a lot on line the last few days I have been getting money off codes by email so looked things up and reliesed I could save a lot so thought I would go and what a lot I saved so next year I'm gonna set my self a budget to have in bank and wait to see what I can save a good website for codes is matalan you could save lots this might make you laugh I seen some fornite socks that my 2 grandsons would love but didn't have their size to small but i stretched them and thought they will fit but if they dont its not my fault its santas nana told him their size but hes so busy he got it wrong

Evie64 Sat 07-Dec-19 23:57:43

Our family have done a deal this year. We are just giving each other something small to open on Christmas Day, then we are all going shopping the day after Boxing Day to the January sales in town and buying each other more gifts than perhaps we could have afforded prior to Christmas.