Gransnet forums

Chat

Funny or slightly worrying ?

(12 Posts)
ninathenana Thu 05-Dec-19 12:07:59

DH was with me a few weeks ago when we bought DS a jumper as part of his Christmas present.
DH put it out of sight in his wardrobe. Tuesday morning he came down wearing it !
"Where did you get that?" I asked. "We bought it a while ago in the sale was the mumbled reply. It wasn't in the sale, and nothing on the label said so.
Not sure what to think about this.

Urmstongran Thu 05-Dec-19 12:17:09

Me neither. It seems a strange thing to do. Have you discussed it further? I’d have had to.

notanan2 Thu 05-Dec-19 12:20:51

Did you not ask "is that not the one we got for DS?"

Hetty58 Thu 05-Dec-19 12:27:00

DH may have been with you (physically) when you bought it - but probably 'tuned out' mentally on your shopping trip. It just seems typically male to me (and funny). Can you get another jumper? They can be a matching pair!

sodapop Thu 05-Dec-19 12:41:03

Why not just ask him about it ninathenana

Grammaretto Thu 05-Dec-19 13:04:50

I find this quite funny and no I don't think you should be worried! He was distracted and thought the jumper was for him.
The same thing would happen here, except that I hardly ever get DH to go near a clothes shop.

ninathenana Thu 05-Dec-19 13:11:25

Yes of course I talked to him about it. I said it was the one we bought for DS he just said he'd forgotten and when he found it in the wardrobe he assumed it was his.
I think him saying about it being in the sale was a hasty attempt at a cover up when he realised what he had done. When I said about it not being in the sale he just said that he thought it was.
He did tell his cousin about it, who laughed. So maybe it was just a memory slip.
I have replaced it.

Calendargirl Thu 05-Dec-19 13:16:06

I think Hetty58 is right. He might have been with you, but if you were chatting about different presents and recipients, he probably just stopped listening. I know my DH glazes over if he’s not interested in what I am chattering on about!

Calendargirl Thu 05-Dec-19 13:17:15

And the jumper was put in ‘his’ wardrobe.

Hetty58 Thu 05-Dec-19 13:28:17

Calendargirl, both my husbands were expert in appearing to be listening and interested - but would later deny any knowledge!

cornergran Thu 05-Dec-19 19:14:19

It’s the sort of thing Mr C would do. Selective hearing hmm.

Callistemon Thu 05-Dec-19 19:31:49

It's the kind of thing that Mr C would do as well.

Last week we were going to visit a friend who was having an 'at home' for his 90th birthday.
DH came down in his 'best jumper'.
I asked why he was wearing a jumper with a bleach stain and he said 'it's my best one'.

No, it was the same colour as his best one .....