Gransnet forums

Chat

Funny or slightly worrying ?

(12 Posts)
Callistemon Thu 05-Dec-19 19:31:49

It's the kind of thing that Mr C would do as well.

Last week we were going to visit a friend who was having an 'at home' for his 90th birthday.
DH came down in his 'best jumper'.
I asked why he was wearing a jumper with a bleach stain and he said 'it's my best one'.

No, it was the same colour as his best one .....

cornergran Thu 05-Dec-19 19:14:19

It’s the sort of thing Mr C would do. Selective hearing hmm.

Hetty58 Thu 05-Dec-19 13:28:17

Calendargirl, both my husbands were expert in appearing to be listening and interested - but would later deny any knowledge!

Calendargirl Thu 05-Dec-19 13:17:15

And the jumper was put in ‘his’ wardrobe.

Calendargirl Thu 05-Dec-19 13:16:06

I think Hetty58 is right. He might have been with you, but if you were chatting about different presents and recipients, he probably just stopped listening. I know my DH glazes over if he’s not interested in what I am chattering on about!

ninathenana Thu 05-Dec-19 13:11:25

Yes of course I talked to him about it. I said it was the one we bought for DS he just said he'd forgotten and when he found it in the wardrobe he assumed it was his.
I think him saying about it being in the sale was a hasty attempt at a cover up when he realised what he had done. When I said about it not being in the sale he just said that he thought it was.
He did tell his cousin about it, who laughed. So maybe it was just a memory slip.
I have replaced it.

Grammaretto Thu 05-Dec-19 13:04:50

I find this quite funny and no I don't think you should be worried! He was distracted and thought the jumper was for him.
The same thing would happen here, except that I hardly ever get DH to go near a clothes shop.

sodapop Thu 05-Dec-19 12:41:03

Why not just ask him about it ninathenana

Hetty58 Thu 05-Dec-19 12:27:00

DH may have been with you (physically) when you bought it - but probably 'tuned out' mentally on your shopping trip. It just seems typically male to me (and funny). Can you get another jumper? They can be a matching pair!

notanan2 Thu 05-Dec-19 12:20:51

Did you not ask "is that not the one we got for DS?"

Urmstongran Thu 05-Dec-19 12:17:09

Me neither. It seems a strange thing to do. Have you discussed it further? I’d have had to.

ninathenana Thu 05-Dec-19 12:07:59

DH was with me a few weeks ago when we bought DS a jumper as part of his Christmas present.
DH put it out of sight in his wardrobe. Tuesday morning he came down wearing it !
"Where did you get that?" I asked. "We bought it a while ago in the sale was the mumbled reply. It wasn't in the sale, and nothing on the label said so.
Not sure what to think about this.