Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Sat 07-Dec-19 06:21:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry at present here in Brackley , my few days in Bournemouth.
Last Tuesday a few hours in Poole , then returned to what was Christmas day at the hotel on the east cliff, had a room on one side with a sea view looking westerly.
Wednesday , we went to Weymouth a little longer here , I did some local pubs.
Thursday , was do as you please as there was a bus stop by the hotel , I travelled into Christchurch with plans to come back into Bournemouth itself but stayed in Christchurch and visited the Priory as well as some pubs.
Friday, journey home , with a stop at Chiveley services before getting back just after 1, and also to get my TV back in working order due to loosing it prior to trip.
Mick

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 07-Dec-19 11:43:39

Morning all from a fresh, slightly breezy South Notts.
A 'please yourself' day with the giant crossword and some sewing.
Hope all is well with you all, especially those with worries.

Nannylovesshopping Sat 07-Dec-19 11:33:44

Hi Gillybobhope you ok today

Kalu Sat 07-Dec-19 11:03:36

Good morning from a damp But mild Glasgow

I noticed yesterday how crazy some drivers are at what I call the silly season. Obviously busy heads with thoughts elsewhere rather than paying attention to where they were going. Unbelievable silly chances being taken at speed. ?

Regarding anyone who starts the type of fires Australia is dealing with reminds me of a chap in France. Joining the fire service there is voluntary however, this chap was refused a position so in a fit of pique, started one of the worst fires where we lived in Southern Provence, planning to wait for a Mistral to blow, which would fan the flames to spread. Subsequently imprisoned and I hope he is still there!

Collected freshly cleaned curtains yesterday so today’s task is to now rehang them.....deep joy?

Healing vibes and comfort for Dragonfly and gilly

Take it easy today Marydoll. Jet lag involuntarily strikes at some point. Hoping your hip pain eases off. I personally refer to mine as, a pain in the butt?

Marydoll Sat 07-Dec-19 10:38:42

EllenVannin ?

Urmstongran Sat 07-Dec-19 10:02:36

A few of us already did upthread Megs
?

Como2020 Sat 07-Dec-19 09:56:21

Good Morning and hello to all from the Somerset/Dorset borderlands.
It’s fine, light and mild ... a rainwashed brightness to the day.
Perfect for walking.
Sending strength and love to the gillybobs

Bestgranny Sat 07-Dec-19 09:54:17

Good morning everyone & welcome back Mick, sounds like you had a really nice time.
Me I’m just waiting on dh bring me a nice cuppa & some toast.
It’s damp here on the east coast of Ireland, but a lot milder than during the week. My dh will be heading of to visit his brother in a nursing home & I will have to get crackin as I have a busy day ahead which entails finishing of my packing which I hate & going to the supermarket for dd favorite things to eat from Ireland, mostly chocolate ? smoked salmon & everything else I see that she likes, most times I have to take an extra bag , which is great for when I am coming home.
Where am I going I hear you ask , tomorrow dh & I fly out to California to visit dd for 5 weeks , have been doing this for last twenty years , really looking forward to seeing our dd & her two beautiful dogs & also the warm California ?
I have to get my skates on & start moving .
Hope mr Gilly continues to improve & Mrs Gilly gets the strength to keep going I will keep them in my prayers & all the other gnters who are feeling poorly .

NannyJan53 Sat 07-Dec-19 09:53:03

Good Morning from a bright and slightly warmer Black Country.

Welcome back to Mick and a thank you to Rufus and Beechnut for stepping in.

No real plans today. We thought of going to Worcester on the train, but after the strikes (which are now on hold) there is an amended timetable, instead of 30 mins it is almost 90 mins with 2 changes!

It is very worrying EV the situation in Australia. Just cannot believe the mentality of people who would deliberately start fires there!

My DD's school suffered an Arson attack only this week, of their little forest school, they spent a few years building. The children are devastated!

Good to have you back Marydoll you certainly have interesting times when travelling!

Best wishes to gilly Dragonfly and anyone facing challenging times at the moment

Feelingmyage55 Sat 07-Dec-19 09:52:18

Overcast here and decided to shop early and put petrol in the car. All done and sitting with my coffee. marydoll I love your novellas. Going to read those pesky manifestos and make my mark and then trot to the post office - ‘nuff said?.

moggie Sat 07-Dec-19 09:44:32

Good morning Mick & all from dry, bright Nottingham. Glad you had a good trip Mick. Finish packing final bits today for NYC.
Thoughts are with Gillybob & her DH.
Hope all struggling with worries or unwell have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Gymstagran Sat 07-Dec-19 09:39:06

Good Morning everyone. Its bright here in the Black Country at the moment, although there are some dark clouds looming. I was awake early and have been lazing in bed reading. After a manic week I'm enjoying the relaxation. Nothing much planned today, maybe some shopping and more present wrapping. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Megs36 I'm sure I spotted thanks to Rufus and Beechnut on the good morning thread yesterday.

oldgaijin Sat 07-Dec-19 09:37:50

Good morning from a damp but bright Aberdeenshire.

I finally gave in yesterday and saw the GP about the increasing pain round my middle...it's a flare up of diverticulitis. Haven't had it for years but a cocktail of drugs ensured ten hours of slumber. I need fresh air so shall take the mutt to the woodies for a good chase with his mates.

Have a good day.

dragonfly46 Sat 07-Dec-19 09:28:35

Ellan the fires in Australia are indeed worrying. My SiL has family in Coffs Harbour where the air is orange. Not what you need with the concerns about you GGC. I hope you have some peace of mind today.

Megs36 Sat 07-Dec-19 09:24:46

Am I the only person to thank Rufus for holding the Good Morning fort in ‘Michael’s’ absence. ?

Annapops Sat 07-Dec-19 09:17:42

Good morning all from County Durham.
An early start for us this morning with two of the elder GC sleeping over. Our singing and dancing gymnast GD has just been collected for her class with a full day of rehearsals for a Christmas Show ahead of her. Can't wait to see it as the standard is so high.

Later in the afternoon we have two of the younger GC coming to stay over. Our plan is to take them to see the Christmas lights at Washington Old Hall. Hopefully we can tire them out sufficiently to help them sleep well tonight. It is going to be a totally different evening compared to the quieter one before.

It's been lovely reading about all the places and experiences of other GN's recently. I really enjoyed hearing about that NY adventure Marydoll. You were all so brave taking little GD with you. I'm sure it's going to be something she will always remember.

Thinking of Gilly too. Hope things continue to improve for her and DH.

The sun is shining here so here's wishing you all some sunshine in your lives today too.

harrigran Sat 07-Dec-19 09:16:57

Good morning from a bright NE.
Woken at 4.30 by a car alarm on a drive must check the CCTV as it was dry night and usually means people skulking about.
Thinking of the gillybobs.

conor Sat 07-Dec-19 09:03:16

Good morning from a brightening Essex! Looks like it could be dry so may hit the shops later. Then hopefully getting the decorations started and the cards finished. Lovely pre Xmas lunch yesterday with friends, only 4 hours as had my hair appt afterwards! Was looking forward to a quiet evening when DD arrived to say M25 closed(her route home to Barnet after work) due to a crane hitting the Central reservation. Think it was chaos so she decided to stay over so we shared a bottle of wine to get over the trauma?
Marydoll, keep posting novellas as miss them already and enjoy your safeguarding. Think it might be you who needs to keep yourself safe! ?Xxx

Anniebach Sat 07-Dec-19 08:56:38

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Raining in Mid Wales, again

Urmstongran Sat 07-Dec-19 08:50:52

Hi mancgirl
?

You have a lot on your plate right now EV so it’s understandable you are anxious and tired with family stuff. Thinking of you today, look after yourself. It must be hard going through all you have to deal with. Anxiety is exhausting. x

Susan56 Sat 07-Dec-19 08:49:45

Good morning from Shropshire,dry at the moment after torrential rain yesterday.
This morning we are going to watch DGD in her nativity play where she is playing the part of an angel and baby Henry is playing the part of Jesus?not sure how it is going to go,we are all hoping it will be his nap time and he can just sleep through his starring role!
Your mention of the Anglican Cathedral brings back memories of school concerts ginny and also Paddy’s Wigwam where our school was one of several Liverpool schools that performed Let my people go with Richard Baker as narrator,we then all went to London to perform it, I still have the programme with my name in it!Wonder if any other gransnetters took part in it?
?to Lins and Ellan and anyone else with family worries.
Dragonfly so pleased you are feeling well after your treatment and Mary??your hip improves soon.
Sending love to gilly and her DH and hoping he continues to improve.x

Yiayia4 Sat 07-Dec-19 08:35:36

Morning all a very grey Surrey today.
Welcome back Mick sounds like you had a good trip.

A day of catching up for me still doing Christmas shopping and wrapping.
Have a good Saturday everyone.Love to Gilly.

Nortsat46 Sat 07-Dec-19 08:33:42

Good morning team, nice having Mick back ...
Didn’t get much done yesterday, so need to catch up.

Christmas cards to finish and post. Tree to put up and house to decorate.
Online grocery order.
Purchases to be made for the Reverse Advent Calendar, which will be donated to the local food bank on 20th December.

Good thoughts to gillybob and Dragonfly and all who are facing challenges.
Have a good day all ...?

EllanVannin Sat 07-Dec-19 08:32:13

Good Morning All x
So dark, even at this time but from what I can see, it's dry and doesn't feel too cold.

I got an unexpected phone-call from D in Oz last night and it was clear that the fires are affecting her so that made me more worried. I told her that if it reached her area just to leave everything and get away.
She was saying that many of the fires had been deliberately lit by yobs-----I'd string them all up ! It's dreadful.

I felt so helpless, not that I could do anything if I was there but being so far away doesn't help one bit and the worry is building. She's North of Sydney where the fires have broken out and spread.

With one thing and another Christmas can come and go when you've got problems/worries such as this. My heart isn't in it.
Sorry to moan but how can anyone enjoy themselves with this going on ? Plus the problems on home ground with the children. Always 10 times worse at this time of the year, but I can well do without it.

Anyway I'll have to pull myself together and get on with the day whatever it holds.
I hope to goodness all is well with everyone and that you enjoy what you have in store. My best wishes to those who aren't feeling too clever and thoughts to the Gillybobs and Dragonfly xx.

Alygran Sat 07-Dec-19 08:30:10

Good morning from a bright and clear North Yorkshire.
DD2 is here overnight so I have company for breakfast today.
She will help me get the tree etc. out of the loft.
Not much else on today. Should start the Christmas cards.
Hope everyone has a good day.

mancgirl Sat 07-Dec-19 08:29:15

Good morning all from sunny north Costa Blanca where we are forecast 19° today, which will be welcome after a few cooler cloudy days. Urmstongran you definitely have the better weather! Off to a big Rastro market this morning for a mooch round. Bit like a flea market where they sell absolutely everything! OH will also be wanting to see/hear the Manchester derby so I'll find a quiet spot to read. Hope everyone has a good weekend. flowers for Gilly and others who need some cheer.