Gransnet forums

Chat

Boris and Carrie

(53 Posts)
Calendargirl Sun 08-Dec-19 11:01:49

Just looking at a picture of Boris and girlfriend at a London temple yesterday. She is wearing a very pretty pink, gold and red sari, he in his customary rather ill fitting suit and socks. They are sharing a ‘glance’, Boris looks as though he thinks he’s a very lucky man.
Hope his luck holds out next week.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Dec-19 15:16:25

NanKate, as usual Marr gave Sturgeon and McDonnell an easy ride, ample time to not answer their questions. Interrupting the Tory (Security spokesman I think, sorry I was multi-tasking) and not letting them answer.

Ironic that Sturgeon kept on about how good the Scottish NHS is compared to the rest of the Union, when she awarded a £26million NHS contract to an American Company.

Ellianne Sun 08-Dec-19 15:17:07

Oh the dog, yes please!

jo1book Sun 08-Dec-19 15:18:00

Not interested in morals of politicians; nor in their election offers. Just want a Government with a good majority so we can move forward.

trisher Sun 08-Dec-19 15:19:01

"Happy together"!!!!! What the F* hs that got to do with being PM? And really that's what matters when a man can't remember how many children he actually has??? If he was Joe Bloggs living on a council estate you'd all be up in arms about him impregnating women and leaving them. But because he's posh it's OK!!!!

trisher Sun 08-Dec-19 15:20:43

Dog for PM and Larry the cat for Home Secretary!!!

jo1book Sun 08-Dec-19 15:22:47

I think people are hoping she will make a good Consort.

trisher Sun 08-Dec-19 15:24:34

"Consort" ???!!!! Is he going to be King????

Whitewavemark2 Sun 08-Dec-19 15:27:03

???good consort! Blimey he is full of unentitled entitlement as it is without crowning him.

Calendargirl Sun 08-Dec-19 15:30:38

King Boris? Well, the thought had never occurred to me.....
?
But now you mention it......

Ginny42 Sun 08-Dec-19 15:31:05

Jolbook, I'm hoping the pair of them disappear after Thursday and THEN we'll see now long she remains with him. She wanted to live in No 10. As for wearing the sari - tokenism.

Fennel Sun 08-Dec-19 15:31:21

It gets more and more like Trump and Melania every day!

jo1book Sun 08-Dec-19 15:33:58

Actually, he is related to the Queen, on the wrong side of the blanket. On Who Do You Think You Are , one of his descendants was from the House of Hanover. He is a distant cousin outside wedlock.

jo1book Sun 08-Dec-19 15:36:53

I think Corbyn will slink away on Friday. The LP are already lining up his successor (a women is favoured, it seems).

Barmeyoldbat Sun 08-Dec-19 16:35:45

I find him a complete mess.

I see now the Tories are now playing the racist card which will not gain any more votes, only appeal to those already committed to the Tories.

crystaltipps Sun 08-Dec-19 16:41:02

Let’s have Michael Macintyre as PM if the only criterion is “he makes me laugh”. Actually could he be any worse than the current bunch of comedians?

trisher Sun 08-Dec-19 16:58:50

jolbrook I take it you mean Corbyn may return to being a hard working MP and peace activist? He has been doing that for a very long time you know. It's 16 years since he made this speech and warned about the rise in terrorism the Iraq War would bring www.youtube.com/watch?v=16BtpSCufU0

jo1book Sun 08-Dec-19 17:12:15

Sorry Trisher, but if Corbyn offered eternal life in his manifesto I would have to say no.
Just because you campaign for peace etc. doesn't make you a good leader. It's quite obvious what a lot of his own Party think of him.
Labour will have to move to the Centre. Perhaps one of the women mentioned for the job (Long-Bailey?) will appeal to Middle England.

inkcog Sun 08-Dec-19 17:21:47

I think Corbyn is an Ok bloke but he's not leader.

BJ is neither an OK bloke nor a leader.

Grandma70s Sun 08-Dec-19 17:36:31

Neither Johnson nor Corbyn is impressive where personal relationships are concerned, which shows a lack of stability IMO. Everyone knows that Boris is a womaniser, but Corbyn has been married three times, which isn't a good sign.

Iam64 Sun 08-Dec-19 18:04:49

I can't imagine how Marina Wheeler and her children (and any other children Mr Johnson admits to) may feel looking at that staged photograph. Fat Mr Johnson with his very much younger, current girl friend.
My main focus though is his politics and whatever attracted this young woman to the wealthy, powerful, soon to be PM I wonder? Certainly no consideration of the fact that throughout the early part of their affair, Ms Wheeler was being treated for cancer.
I know, we all make mistakes but Mr J is a serial mistake maker on the personal relationship/marriage front. The fragrant Carrie doesn't impress me.
I do try to avoid making personal comments about other women, especially younger women but there we are. No patience with either of them.

CosyCrafter Sun 08-Dec-19 18:35:04

BJ dresses just like his personality or at least the persona he projects, a mess, shambolic with an "I couldn't care less" attitude... really, what serious politician on the world stage would have his haircut like he does? However how he looks as long as it is clean is irrelevant when it comes to the correct party to win the election and run the country, base it more on what he says and what he does. If we want a future to be many more years of lies, denials, rudeness, arrogance, bigotry, lack of compassion and empathy for the average person then if he gets lucky on Thursday, that is what we will have. All the opposition have issues and problems but nobody and no party (except Brexit party obvssmile can be worse than to continue the nightmare that is a tory government and with that odious man at the top. As for his women, well, money & power are the only attraction I can imagine.

inkcog Sun 08-Dec-19 20:16:57

" slink away", a few of 'em have done that.

Callistemon Sun 08-Dec-19 20:22:15

Not a Boris fan, but, as someone with "difficult" hair, what would you suggest he does with it?

I can blow dry and spray mine each morning but by mid-morning it looks like Boris's, but a different colour and longer.

Jane10 Sun 08-Dec-19 20:42:32

I suspect Boris is great company and laughs women into bed!
I read some of his books ages ago before all the Brexit stuff and found them to be erudite and entertaining. The 'persona' of bumbling Boris propagated by the tabloids and ill wishers is far from the real Boris.
I still can't believe that he is where he is though.

Callistemon Sun 08-Dec-19 20:50:12

oh yes, the 'laughing women into bed'! I am sure it works.

but she knew he was married and his wife was ill.
I would not be best pleased with her if she was my DD, although I think it is the norm for her family.