Gransnet forums

Chat

A 'thought' for any day of the year

(7 Posts)
love0c Sun 08-Dec-19 12:51:01

In a recent episode of Coronation Street a character on her death bed said 'being nice is under estimated, being nice can change the world'. It rang so very true with me when I heard it. I had never heard it said before. So very simple, yet so powerful. Thought it was a good message to get out there at this time of the year, yet a wonderful thing for everybody to do every day of the year.smile

Missfoodlove Sun 08-Dec-19 13:09:26

?How lovely.

Calendargirl Sun 08-Dec-19 13:50:11

It’s a strange word, nice, isn’t it? At school, we were told to think of a different word to use in English, as it showed a lack of imagination!
When I first met my future DH, I thought he was one of the nicest boys I had ever met.
47 years later, I still think the same.
Yes, being ‘nice’ is worth a lot.

Calendargirl Sun 08-Dec-19 13:51:00

Sorry, 49 years later!

grannyactivist Sun 08-Dec-19 14:01:25

love0c - what a timely message to share. smile

love0c Sun 08-Dec-19 16:26:57

I am glad it has been noticed! Yes it is a word we were told to 'find' another for. I posted it on a thread this morning but the thread was removed. The thread was thought to be a wind up. Along with all the 'wind up' comments on various threads of late I thought it was worth posting for a second time. No where near 'the hits' as the threads which attract the 'not nice' posts. Bit sad that really.

Canalboatgranma Sun 08-Dec-19 16:33:06

Yes it's a lovely thought, and it costs nothing to be nice.