Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Tue 10-Dec-19 06:14:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, dry but windy start here in brackley this morning, my usual Tuesday this week with bus journeys to Buckingham , then Bicester and back.
Coffee stops along the way , trying to make it a day out.
Mick

Resurgam123 Wed 11-Dec-19 07:17:58

Good morning All
Oh I have had an awful night. I have a eye hospital appointment at 9-30
A follow up from my cataract op but I have been looking at the wretched clock for ages. A as usual Hubby should be driving me. Because of having eye drops in.
I wont complain. They do a good job.

Callistemon Tue 10-Dec-19 23:02:28

I know it's a bit late but i just wanted to say that I often enjoy reading the Good Morning thread and don't know why anyone would make nasty remarks on such a pleasant thread.

I was reading this now hoping that there may be some news from gillybob but alas not today.

moon

Jan16 Tue 10-Dec-19 16:36:01

I’m another very infrequent and fairly new member. Please carry on posting Marydoll your posts are great and so funny at times. I’m afraid the posters who like to be nasty and upset other posters are fairly common on sites like this and it’s such a shame. I must admit I hesitate to post when I read nasty comments. Agree we do need a “like”symbol

Cerys Tue 10-Dec-19 15:23:39

I have long read this lovely thread and never posted but I feel I have to.

Marydoll you are fantastic and I love reading your posts - ignore the bullies and carry on if only to please your many ‘friends’ on here.

I marvel at the bravery of many of the posters on a daily basis and no one has the right to belittle any of you.

Keep on posting and supporting us all!

Mapleleaf Tue 10-Dec-19 14:57:45

I think you are right, there, Jessity. ?

Jessity Tue 10-Dec-19 13:19:52

Yet another one who follows this lovely thread with great interest. It’s so wonderful and admirable to know there are so many kind, caring and sympathetic people offering support where it’s needed. Please don’t let a few morons deter you Marydoll, I love reading your posts, marvelling at your exploits and your ability to smile whatever life throws at you,

I too hold gillybob in my prayers and hope we may hear from her soon with news of progress.

Please all ignore the morons, if they elicit no response, they’ll go away. They just want to know they’ve upset someone.

Thorntrees Tue 10-Dec-19 13:09:56

Another one here who doesn’t often post except for following gillybobs troubles and sending her love and prayers. I do read the thread though everyday and enjoy all the posts whether long,short,happy or sad. Such a pity that unpleasantness has crept in and hope it’s over and done with now and everyone can feel free to post without worry.xx

NfkDumpling Tue 10-Dec-19 13:04:49

Agree we really do need the ability to ‘like’ individual posts. Ditto what everyone else has said. I think sometimes things are posted without thinking how the recipient will read them.

Anyway, I’m really late on today as we’ve spent the morning trying to find my yellow fever inoculation card (conveniently bright yellow) as without it we can’t get a visa for our holiday. I could have a second jab but apparently, being live vaccine, it’s more dodgey when you’re older. Found it eventually hiding where it shouldn’t be in another file.

Still cold, wet and miserable here in Norfolk. Staying snug and wrapping presents this afternoon.

(((Hugs))) for Marydoll and Dragonfly and Gillybob who, hopefully will be around later.

aggie Tue 10-Dec-19 12:31:52

This is where a like symbol is needed , I am glad to see so many posting positively here , I know I am not a frequent poster but I do read most days xxxx

Grammaretto Tue 10-Dec-19 12:26:30

Well said Doodle smile

Doodle Tue 10-Dec-19 11:20:08

I am a reader of this thread but not really a poster.
marydoll your posts are a delight. Whether you are talking of health or travels, your posts are interesting and funny, sometimes sad and thought provoking but whatever they are, they are always worth reading. Please do not allow the comments of a couple of people stop you giving so much pleasure to the rest of us by curtailing your posts.
annsixty same to you. Do not let others derail you.
Take care all x

Kalu Tue 10-Dec-19 11:08:02

Good morning from a very stormy day in Glasgow.

Just read what I missed on yesterday’s thread!

I have been posting on the GM thread since there were only a handful of us and one particular poster mentioned, she lived alone and looked forward to the daily gentle start to her day.

A thread whereby those with health issues and other troubles are offered genuine support etc.

To go after one very caring poster in an attempt to get some laughs is beyond the pale and not in the spirit of this thread.

Marydoll, non carborundum ?

I hope gilly, dragonfly and those of us with troubles to deal with are feeling a bit more positive today.

flowerlover Tue 10-Dec-19 11:00:29

I have just got round to reading this thread which I do at sometime every day. Yesterday I scrolled through any unpleasant entries without reading them (just like I press the mute button on the tv when any politicians are pontificating). Life is too short to waste time on them. Please please Marydoll keep on doing the chatty posts. I love them and thank you all for letting me have a glimpse into your lives.

Nortsat46 Tue 10-Dec-19 10:43:43

Morning Mick and team.
I am wrapping parcels to post and finishing the decorations. I put the tree up yesterday... so achieved something...

Sorry to hear that yesterday’s thread upset you Marydoll. There are a huge number of GN’s who thoroughly enjoy your posts, as an integral part of Mick’s lovely thread.
Those who would wish the GM thread to be different in character are in a minority, I think and they can presumably find many other posts with a more strident or ‘ironic’ tone, which would be more to their liking.

As one of those labelled ‘mean girls’ yesterday, let me say it’s the first time in my life I have achieved this status ?

Have a good day all and good thoughts to those (inc gillybob) facing challenges. Welcome to this thread to QuaintIrene (I love your name). Au reservoir ...

Lins1066 Tue 10-Dec-19 10:42:52

I chuckled after reading your last remark Pantglas my husband used to say that regularly after a day's work ?

Irenelily Tue 10-Dec-19 10:35:12

I rarely post myself but keep posting everyone! I love to read all the comments. Aren’t we lucky that we live in this day and age when we have wonderful technology. Living alone since DH passed away I sometimes get a bit low, but I’m fortunate to have family who keep in touch and visit. I’ve just commented on text to my eldest daughter that a helpful phrase of my mother’s was”Count your blessings! “

Auntieflo Tue 10-Dec-19 10:33:15

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all. It's wet and windy here. My two little garden birds have been blown off their perch, so I must go and rescue them in a minute.
Had a visit to the physio yesterday, and she has given me exercises to do, 2/3 times a day. (I will do them)
Have started another knitting project and if it is successful, I will post a picture, later, much later.
Marydoll, sorry that you have been upset, I didn't see later posts, but good on you for coming back. I love your 'ramblings', in the nicest way possible.

Volunteering this afternoon, but not much else going on, and DH has to take the car back to finally get the dash cams fitted. ? that they manage to do it today.
Still thinking of Gillybob and hoping she is OK.
To all those who have had sad news, flowers. and have a good day one and all

hulahoop Tue 10-Dec-19 10:27:31

Hi there managed to post morning for a change .DRAGONFLY I got a little cap to wear in bed when i was bald and department where I had chemo gave me a towelling turbun . It's wet at the moment in west Yorks it was very frosty during the night . Hope everyone as a good day .

Como2020 Tue 10-Dec-19 10:16:35

Good morning and hello from the Somerset/Dorset borderlands.

Sending love and strength to gilly.

Rather wild and wet outside, but cosy inside. Not a day for my regular morning walks, so a peaceful day with a good book will be perfect.

Mapleleaf Tue 10-Dec-19 09:57:41

Good morning all,

It's dull, wet and breezy here now, after a gorgeous day yesterday.

I plan to finish off the Christmas decorations and tidy away the regular ornaments this morning. Then there will only be the tree to sort out at the weekend when DH is home to help me get it out of the garage and grapple with the lights for it! ?

I posted the majority of the cards yesterday, just have a couple more to send out today and also hand deliver some of the local ones.

I'm sorry to hear that you were upset yesterday by some posters, marydoll. How unwarranted- your posts always brighten my day with their humour. I wish I had your gift! I do hope you won't let these people clip your wings, remember, you have many friends here on the GM thread who love reading about your adventures.??

Thinking of the gillybobs and all those with worries or illness, and hope today brings comfort.

Welcome, QuaintIrene.

harrigran Tue 10-Dec-19 09:39:53

Good morning from a damp and windy NE.
Disturbed night so feeling quite tired.
Young lady rang the doorbell last night and asked to view the CCTV, she had her car tyres slashed the night before. We could see that a crime had taken place but too dark to identify the culprits.
Last night when I checked the screen I saw that she had parked right under our camera.
Our street lights are turned down between midnight and 4.30am the very time that most crimes happen in our street.
Love to the gillybobs and all with illness and worries.

Pantglas2 Tue 10-Dec-19 09:37:34

Well, I do miss a lot when I loll abed in the mornings don’t I?
Have just read through this lovely thread to find someone’s been upsetting our kith and kin on here! Not on, not at all!

Keep it up Marydoll- making us smile, and indeed everyone’s posts are interesting with their trips and jollies. Even those who are unwell amaze me with their inner steel and resilience and the thought that @nyone is mocking us makes me sad.

Have lovely day ladies (and gents) - Nil illegitimi desperandum carborundum (not sure if it’s exactly right but you get my drift)

vena11 Tue 10-Dec-19 09:34:13

Good Morning from a very wet Bristol .
Welcome to QuaintIrene and everyone else who came before, late morning for me after a very restless night I was reading on my kindle until after two very tired this morning.
Marydoll rise above it hen you are the better person.
I hope everything works out NannyJan
Take care everyone

Urmstongran Tue 10-Dec-19 09:02:55

What a wonderful time you’re having in California Bestgranny your description of it made me feel I was there with you! How fabulous to be over there, in the sunshine with your daughter and her dogs pre Christmas.

Hope you make the most of every precious moment together.

Anniebach Tue 10-Dec-19 09:02:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hugs Marydoll x