Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Tue 10-Dec-19 06:14:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, dry but windy start here in brackley this morning, my usual Tuesday this week with bus journeys to Buckingham , then Bicester and back.
Coffee stops along the way , trying to make it a day out.
Mick

Bestgranny Tue 10-Dec-19 08:07:51

Hello everyone, it’s night time here in Santa Monica California, how did that happen, well our ds left us to Dublin airport on Sunday for our Air Lingus flight to Lax , long flight 11 hours but it was fine , I did a lot of reading & some dosing & got the time oh & a couple of bevies . Our dd was at the airport to meet us this is the part we just look forward to , she is just 20 minutes from lax & then to see her 2 beautiful dogs the older one knows us very well but the new one she only got last February when had left to go home , they are both beautiful but the new one is so much fun just a year old & so frisky & friendly the other one is much older & slower , they are both Snow White & freshly groomed,& no matter where we go with them it’s amazing how many people come over to say how beautiful they are. Anyway our first day in Santa Monica & suffering from jetlag we took the dogs for a walk along the ocean it was 72 degrees blue skies & beautiful ocean breeze stopped of & had a nice cool beer on Venice beach &. Did some people watching , there’s a lot to watch here & the beers were delicious. Anyway as time goes on we will miss our ddc & ds but today they leave dublin for 4 days in Lapland & the kids are very excited about that they are aged 9 & 5 lucky children . Our dd cooked a lovely dinner this evening & we just let the jetlag take over helped along by a couple of Hennessy brandies , this is what I call living Large in LA
Hope Mrs gillys husband continues to improve & she gets the strength to carry on & see light at the end of the tunnel I will continue to say a wee prayer for them .

Yiayia4 Tue 10-Dec-19 08:08:40

Morning all not looked out but feels chilly.
Out for lunch to friends today,not seen them for a while so a nice catch up.
Love your posts Marydoll always make me smile,such a shame to have unpleasant comments on a lovely gentle thread.
WelcomeQuaintIrene and thoughts to all who have worries today.Have a good Tuesday everyone.

aggie Tue 10-Dec-19 08:12:16

Good Morning all , after a busy day yesterday shopping , Solicitor and generally trailing round Town I am having a quiet day in
It is lashing rain out after such a pleasant bit of weather yesterday
I am making cards and aware that I am a bit late starting ! But the Grandchildren look forward to them ( well so I am told )

Marydoll Tue 10-Dec-19 08:21:08

Thank you all for your kind comments, but being alluded to as a Mean gran yesterday, for calling out a poster for his remark to me, has upset me by it's unfairness.

It has made me rethink about what I post and I'm not saying this to get any sympathy, it is how I feel. sad.
Believe it or not, I'm a sensitive wee soul. blush.

So no more of this wallowing, let's keep this thread kindly, heartwarming and supportive.

NannyJan53 , sorry to hear about your SIL, I hope he gets the right treatment quickly. Such a worry for you.

Resurgam, you were very lucky it happened when you were driving.
The same thing happeneded to me, many years ago on a country road, with three under fives in the car. Not a pleasant experience.
Hope it gets sorted soon.

Marydoll Tue 10-Dec-19 08:23:26

I meant to say, Not driving!!!

EllanVannin Tue 10-Dec-19 08:26:28

Good Morning All x
So dark here in the mornings but as I let the cats out it appeared to be dry and quiet for the moment----calm before the expected storm I fear.

Had some shattering news about a friend yesterday which knocked me sideways and really does put things into perspective. The person in question is one of our dear posters from the forum and is local to me so I send her love and the strength that she needs at this sad time. x. I will see her in due course.

Not sure if D will be paying a visit today but being as I'm waiting for parcels to be delivered I may as well stay put anyway. I can make a list for an M&S shop in a couple of weeks time.

Hoping everyone isn't feeling too bad with aches/pains and disturbed nights and Marydoll never let anyone put you down, rise above it girl.
Do carry on with your uplifting way of life which makes my imagination run riot and really touches my sense of humour

Keep on keeping on Dragonfly and the same goes for the Gillybobs, who I imagine Mrs. will be catching up with lost time. Hope all is well with you. xx

NanKate Tue 10-Dec-19 08:33:54

I’ve noticed from time to time certain posters have tried to unsettle us on this lovely thread by wrongly accusing us of being a clique, calling us cruel names (eg our dear Mary yesterday) and generally trying to change this thread.

The good news is we always survive and those who hassle us eventually move away to start their shenanigans elsewhere.

So hold fast, please continue you wonderful stories of your life Mary, those who are ill or who are caring for ill loved ones this is your sanctuary.

Onward and upward ?

annsixty Tue 10-Dec-19 08:40:03

Good morning all from Nottingham where I have been staying with my GD for two nights of R&R.
We have really enjoyed it but my mobility is sadly getting worse and I have felt sad at times.
I really popped in to say ,ignore the b.....S Marydoll however I do know how upsetting it is, I have experienced it twice in the last few months and felt like quitting.
I haven’t looked out of the window yet so can’t report on the weather but it has been mild and dry since we got here, a bonus.
We get our train at 3pm, then back to normality.

Alygran Tue 10-Dec-19 08:48:12

Good morning everyone. It’s wet and dark here in North Yorkshire.
Going to visit a relative this morning to help her wrap presents. Not only is she almost immobile waiting for a foot operation, she now has tendonitis in her hands.
Then off to meet a former colleague for lunch. History Society this evening.
I was sad to see the unkind comments yesterday and sorry for those caught up in it. This thread is my gentle start to the day. Breakfast is a lonely time and your company is much appreciated.
Thinking of all those with struggles.
Hope today is kind to you all.

Grammaretto Tue 10-Dec-19 08:49:18

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. It's lashing with rain and I'm still in bed. Only the dentist to look forward to today so what's the rush.
I am glad you came back Marydoll
Your posts make me smile.
Welcome to QuaintIrene and good wishes ofcourse to Gillybob and her DH who are never far from my mind.
I hope your day goes well.

Sar53 Tue 10-Dec-19 08:53:05

Good morning everyone from a bright, so far, but cold Essex by the sea. I came home yesterday from a lovely few days with my eldest daughter and three very lively granddaughters. I went to see the 8 year old in her singing assembly before I got on the train. Her elder sister, who is in year 6, together with a young man from her class look after the whiteboard with all the words and run the computer with the music. I'm so proud of both of them.
I'm waiting for someone to come and do some work in our block of flats. I can't go out until they arrive. I need to go and do some food shopping, the fridge is very bare.
I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 10-Dec-19 08:54:39

Good morning from east London, cool and cloudy today. Meeting a friend for coffee at 9 just round the corner from me; can’t invite her here as the decorator is busy and effectively blocking the main through route in the house. I’ve resorted to going outside to get from the kitchen to the dining room. After all the hassle with the wall paper, I don’t want to risk any slip ups. Have started sorting out papers in bags that were stuffed there in July before all the work started; interesting how quickly things can go out of date. Tonight the choir is singing on the Southbank in the national theatre foyer. It’s an annual feature over a number of nights; I find it very exciting being down on the river at night. Hope everyone has a good day.

DoraMarr Tue 10-Dec-19 08:55:25

Good morning from a rather grey, damp Birmingham. I’m sorry you were upset, Marydoll, I missed the critical posts, but I love your dispatches, so carry on regardless!
Today I’m chauffeuring my eldest daughter, grandson and baby sister to a children’s play centre near Studeley, and my other daughter and granddaughter will come too. It’s not really my idea of a fun afternoon, but until my eldest can drive she needs lifts, and the children will enjoy it. Yesterday we went to Packwood House, which has been beautifully decorated for Christmas. Such clever ideas: the theme is “The Nutcracker”, and the decorations have been home- made from nutshells, dolly pegs and other simple materials.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Anniebach Tue 10-Dec-19 09:02:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hugs Marydoll x

Urmstongran Tue 10-Dec-19 09:02:55

What a wonderful time you’re having in California Bestgranny your description of it made me feel I was there with you! How fabulous to be over there, in the sunshine with your daughter and her dogs pre Christmas.

Hope you make the most of every precious moment together.

vena11 Tue 10-Dec-19 09:34:13

Good Morning from a very wet Bristol .
Welcome to QuaintIrene and everyone else who came before, late morning for me after a very restless night I was reading on my kindle until after two very tired this morning.
Marydoll rise above it hen you are the better person.
I hope everything works out NannyJan
Take care everyone

Pantglas2 Tue 10-Dec-19 09:37:34

Well, I do miss a lot when I loll abed in the mornings don’t I?
Have just read through this lovely thread to find someone’s been upsetting our kith and kin on here! Not on, not at all!

Keep it up Marydoll- making us smile, and indeed everyone’s posts are interesting with their trips and jollies. Even those who are unwell amaze me with their inner steel and resilience and the thought that @nyone is mocking us makes me sad.

Have lovely day ladies (and gents) - Nil illegitimi desperandum carborundum (not sure if it’s exactly right but you get my drift)

harrigran Tue 10-Dec-19 09:39:53

Good morning from a damp and windy NE.
Disturbed night so feeling quite tired.
Young lady rang the doorbell last night and asked to view the CCTV, she had her car tyres slashed the night before. We could see that a crime had taken place but too dark to identify the culprits.
Last night when I checked the screen I saw that she had parked right under our camera.
Our street lights are turned down between midnight and 4.30am the very time that most crimes happen in our street.
Love to the gillybobs and all with illness and worries.

Mapleleaf Tue 10-Dec-19 09:57:41

Good morning all,

It's dull, wet and breezy here now, after a gorgeous day yesterday.

I plan to finish off the Christmas decorations and tidy away the regular ornaments this morning. Then there will only be the tree to sort out at the weekend when DH is home to help me get it out of the garage and grapple with the lights for it! ?

I posted the majority of the cards yesterday, just have a couple more to send out today and also hand deliver some of the local ones.

I'm sorry to hear that you were upset yesterday by some posters, marydoll. How unwarranted- your posts always brighten my day with their humour. I wish I had your gift! I do hope you won't let these people clip your wings, remember, you have many friends here on the GM thread who love reading about your adventures.??

Thinking of the gillybobs and all those with worries or illness, and hope today brings comfort.

Welcome, QuaintIrene.

Como2020 Tue 10-Dec-19 10:16:35

Good morning and hello from the Somerset/Dorset borderlands.

Sending love and strength to gilly.

Rather wild and wet outside, but cosy inside. Not a day for my regular morning walks, so a peaceful day with a good book will be perfect.

hulahoop Tue 10-Dec-19 10:27:31

Hi there managed to post morning for a change .DRAGONFLY I got a little cap to wear in bed when i was bald and department where I had chemo gave me a towelling turbun . It's wet at the moment in west Yorks it was very frosty during the night . Hope everyone as a good day .

Auntieflo Tue 10-Dec-19 10:33:15

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all. It's wet and windy here. My two little garden birds have been blown off their perch, so I must go and rescue them in a minute.
Had a visit to the physio yesterday, and she has given me exercises to do, 2/3 times a day. (I will do them)
Have started another knitting project and if it is successful, I will post a picture, later, much later.
Marydoll, sorry that you have been upset, I didn't see later posts, but good on you for coming back. I love your 'ramblings', in the nicest way possible.

Volunteering this afternoon, but not much else going on, and DH has to take the car back to finally get the dash cams fitted. ? that they manage to do it today.
Still thinking of Gillybob and hoping she is OK.
To all those who have had sad news, flowers. and have a good day one and all

Irenelily Tue 10-Dec-19 10:35:12

I rarely post myself but keep posting everyone! I love to read all the comments. Aren’t we lucky that we live in this day and age when we have wonderful technology. Living alone since DH passed away I sometimes get a bit low, but I’m fortunate to have family who keep in touch and visit. I’ve just commented on text to my eldest daughter that a helpful phrase of my mother’s was”Count your blessings! “

Lins1066 Tue 10-Dec-19 10:42:52

I chuckled after reading your last remark Pantglas my husband used to say that regularly after a day's work ?

Nortsat46 Tue 10-Dec-19 10:43:43

Morning Mick and team.
I am wrapping parcels to post and finishing the decorations. I put the tree up yesterday... so achieved something...

Sorry to hear that yesterday’s thread upset you Marydoll. There are a huge number of GN’s who thoroughly enjoy your posts, as an integral part of Mick’s lovely thread.
Those who would wish the GM thread to be different in character are in a minority, I think and they can presumably find many other posts with a more strident or ‘ironic’ tone, which would be more to their liking.

As one of those labelled ‘mean girls’ yesterday, let me say it’s the first time in my life I have achieved this status ?

Have a good day all and good thoughts to those (inc gillybob) facing challenges. Welcome to this thread to QuaintIrene (I love your name). Au reservoir ...