Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Tue 10-Dec-19 06:14:20

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, dry but windy start here in brackley this morning, my usual Tuesday this week with bus journeys to Buckingham , then Bicester and back.
Coffee stops along the way , trying to make it a day out.
Mick

flowerlover Tue 10-Dec-19 11:00:29

I have just got round to reading this thread which I do at sometime every day. Yesterday I scrolled through any unpleasant entries without reading them (just like I press the mute button on the tv when any politicians are pontificating). Life is too short to waste time on them. Please please Marydoll keep on doing the chatty posts. I love them and thank you all for letting me have a glimpse into your lives.

Kalu Tue 10-Dec-19 11:08:02

Good morning from a very stormy day in Glasgow.

Just read what I missed on yesterday’s thread!

I have been posting on the GM thread since there were only a handful of us and one particular poster mentioned, she lived alone and looked forward to the daily gentle start to her day.

A thread whereby those with health issues and other troubles are offered genuine support etc.

To go after one very caring poster in an attempt to get some laughs is beyond the pale and not in the spirit of this thread.

Marydoll, non carborundum ?

I hope gilly, dragonfly and those of us with troubles to deal with are feeling a bit more positive today.

Doodle Tue 10-Dec-19 11:20:08

I am a reader of this thread but not really a poster.
marydoll your posts are a delight. Whether you are talking of health or travels, your posts are interesting and funny, sometimes sad and thought provoking but whatever they are, they are always worth reading. Please do not allow the comments of a couple of people stop you giving so much pleasure to the rest of us by curtailing your posts.
annsixty same to you. Do not let others derail you.
Take care all x

Grammaretto Tue 10-Dec-19 12:26:30

Well said Doodle smile

aggie Tue 10-Dec-19 12:31:52

This is where a like symbol is needed , I am glad to see so many posting positively here , I know I am not a frequent poster but I do read most days xxxx

NfkDumpling Tue 10-Dec-19 13:04:49

Agree we really do need the ability to ‘like’ individual posts. Ditto what everyone else has said. I think sometimes things are posted without thinking how the recipient will read them.

Anyway, I’m really late on today as we’ve spent the morning trying to find my yellow fever inoculation card (conveniently bright yellow) as without it we can’t get a visa for our holiday. I could have a second jab but apparently, being live vaccine, it’s more dodgey when you’re older. Found it eventually hiding where it shouldn’t be in another file.

Still cold, wet and miserable here in Norfolk. Staying snug and wrapping presents this afternoon.

(((Hugs))) for Marydoll and Dragonfly and Gillybob who, hopefully will be around later.

Thorntrees Tue 10-Dec-19 13:09:56

Another one here who doesn’t often post except for following gillybobs troubles and sending her love and prayers. I do read the thread though everyday and enjoy all the posts whether long,short,happy or sad. Such a pity that unpleasantness has crept in and hope it’s over and done with now and everyone can feel free to post without worry.xx

Jessity Tue 10-Dec-19 13:19:52

Yet another one who follows this lovely thread with great interest. It’s so wonderful and admirable to know there are so many kind, caring and sympathetic people offering support where it’s needed. Please don’t let a few morons deter you Marydoll, I love reading your posts, marvelling at your exploits and your ability to smile whatever life throws at you,

I too hold gillybob in my prayers and hope we may hear from her soon with news of progress.

Please all ignore the morons, if they elicit no response, they’ll go away. They just want to know they’ve upset someone.

Mapleleaf Tue 10-Dec-19 14:57:45

I think you are right, there, Jessity. ?

Cerys Tue 10-Dec-19 15:23:39

I have long read this lovely thread and never posted but I feel I have to.

Marydoll you are fantastic and I love reading your posts - ignore the bullies and carry on if only to please your many ‘friends’ on here.

I marvel at the bravery of many of the posters on a daily basis and no one has the right to belittle any of you.

Keep on posting and supporting us all!

Jan16 Tue 10-Dec-19 16:36:01

I’m another very infrequent and fairly new member. Please carry on posting Marydoll your posts are great and so funny at times. I’m afraid the posters who like to be nasty and upset other posters are fairly common on sites like this and it’s such a shame. I must admit I hesitate to post when I read nasty comments. Agree we do need a “like”symbol

Callistemon Tue 10-Dec-19 23:02:28

I know it's a bit late but i just wanted to say that I often enjoy reading the Good Morning thread and don't know why anyone would make nasty remarks on such a pleasant thread.

I was reading this now hoping that there may be some news from gillybob but alas not today.

moon

Resurgam123 Wed 11-Dec-19 07:17:58

Good morning All
Oh I have had an awful night. I have a eye hospital appointment at 9-30
A follow up from my cataract op but I have been looking at the wretched clock for ages. A as usual Hubby should be driving me. Because of having eye drops in.
I wont complain. They do a good job.