Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Wed 11-Dec-19 06:12:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
A day at home , small shop , and do other household things.
A day of relaxation ready for tomorrows busy programme.
Mick

Auntieflo Wed 11-Dec-19 12:55:46

Good afternoon Michael, Annie, and all.
Had to go off to the surgery earlier to have a VitB12 injection, then we went into town for a coffee, where we got chatting to a delightful chap at the next table. Then a mooch, and I collected my monthly prescriptions.
Bless you Gillybob for taking the time to pop in and update us. We all look forward to hearing the baby steps of improvement for your DH, but was sorry to hear about your continuing toothache. Never think we don't want to hear from you.
I was thinking of sneaking up into the loft to retrieve our little fibre optic tree, but maybe I should wait until DH can stand at the bottom if the loft ladder, ready to catch me ?
It is lovely and sunny here, but a bit chilly.
Have a good day one and all.

Doodle Wed 11-Dec-19 12:07:55

Good afternoon all (sorry I am not an early riser. Just finished breakfast tchblush
Marydoll so glad you are still posting your delightful stories. Love to read them.
gillybob I think you should realise by now that everyone wants to hear from you no matter what the news. Glad your DH is making progress hope the nursing team take good care of him. Your comments about not wanting to endure another root canal treatment are something I understand only too well. I hated having mine done and got into quite a panic. However, I got there in the end. Hope you get some relief from the pain soon.
Hope everyone has a good day

conor Wed 11-Dec-19 11:30:59

Good morning from a bright sunny Essex. Took GS1 to school and winter walk with GS2 which was delightful. He was listening for sleigh bells! [flowers tchsmile]Then home to sweep up almost every leaf in Essex which seemed have landed on my front path! Just opened the thread to see if Gillybobs has posted and it does seem like good news even if it doesn't appear so. Keep strong as we are all praying for you and do keep posting as we worry if you don't!
Will make a cup of coffee now and look forward to reading the earlier posts especially Marydoll's Novella!! ?Xxx

Yiayia4 Wed 11-Dec-19 11:14:55

Good news Gilly your DH is on a ward.
My story may help a little.
My son was put in a induced coma after losing his leg in a terrible road accident.It took a long time for him to know us talk and eat properly but very slowly he came back to us.He will never remember that time but that’s a blessing,he now has a great attitude and lives life to the full.
I do hope this helps a little and that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Always thinking of you and sending love.

Kalu Wed 11-Dec-19 10:41:01

Being moved out of ICU is good news gilly. Your tooth problem has been going on too long so another visit to your dentist ASAP is needed.

Strength and positive vibes for you both.

Nannytopsy Wed 11-Dec-19 10:39:26

Gillybob don't even think like that.We all worry about you and your DH.

Callistemon Wed 11-Dec-19 10:35:41

Good morning Mick and everyone from S Wales where we just had a black sky followed by a brief downpour and now the sun is shining. It's more like April showers.

Good to hear from you gillybob and I hope this move to the ward signals a good turning point for your DH and that the nurses are now fully informed of his needs. I hope you get your tooth sorted, that can make you feel very miserable.

I have a U3A meeting this afternoon but we're all taking food and having a buffet. I'm going to be lazy and nip off to M&S shortly to buy something. They wouldn't want to eat my pastry grin

Hope all goes well for those who have appointments or are feeling under the weather for whatever reason.
flowers

vena11 Wed 11-Dec-19 10:30:31

Gillybob flowersflowersflowers Your news is positive you have great strength and we are all thinking about you and your DH

Callistemon Wed 11-Dec-19 10:21:47

Before I post any more, I must tell you how much your tale about your DGD and the animals made me laugh, Marydoll
grin. What a great imagination!
Still chuckling

kittylester Wed 11-Dec-19 10:08:54

What a releif to hear from you gilly, we do worry, you know! And it's good to hear that your dh is doing well enough to be moved to a ward. I hope you get your tooth sorted out - it will be worth it.

dragonfly46 Wed 11-Dec-19 10:01:47

Great to hear from you Gillybob. Don’t even think you are sucking up the niceness on this thread. It is here for you and because of you!

annsixty Wed 11-Dec-19 09:58:06

Good morning all.
Dear Gilly your husband and you have been through the most awful time, we can’t imagine how awful, but he is making progress, small to you but progress nevertheless.
The tortoise and the hare come to mind.
You will both get there.
Back from my 2 night jolly to Nottingham and I am being taken out for lunch today, it is feast it famine for me.
I hope you all have as good a day as you can.
marydoll can I be your book agent?
We will surely make a fortune.

Beechnut Wed 11-Dec-19 09:55:24

I’m so pleased you popped in with an update gilly . We have been concerned so never think you are spoiling the thread. Let’s hope you get some relief soon with your toothache xx

Urmstongran Wed 11-Dec-19 09:53:36

Delighted to hear your husband is back on a main ward now gillybob please DO keep posting as we all like to hear how he is doing - and you of course.

Poor you with tooth pain. Definitely get it sorted and then you and your husband will be on the road to recovery by Christmas.

Anniebach are you excited to have your family staying over? I do hope you all enjoy the time together. x

Lisagran Wed 11-Dec-19 09:52:33

Oh Gilly, so sorry to hear your tooth is not sorted and MS flaring. Sounds like your husband has made progress if he’s out of ICU, but all still exhausting for you I’m sure, especially if you’re under par. Hope the dentist can sort something for you soon. Not being able to visit the ward 24/7 may seem disappointing - but it does give you time to rest. Look after yourself xx

Maggiemaybe Wed 11-Dec-19 09:49:53

Cross-posted, gillybob. Wishing you all the best for your DH and yourself. thanks

GrannyGravy13 Wed 11-Dec-19 09:45:38

gillybob your dear husband is making little baby steps on his journey to coming home to you.

Any change is frightening, and he has made a big one from icu to hospital ward. I hope the staff have time to read his notes and acquaint themselves with your DHs situation. In my experience of nursing staff the majority of them are angels in disguise.

Take care of yourself, and get your tooth sorted xxx

Maggiemaybe Wed 11-Dec-19 09:42:02

Good morning all from West Yorkshire, where the weather must be better than yesterday as I can’t hear the wind and rain battering the window.

We enjoyed a nativity play yesterday. DGS1 as Wise Man Number One remembered all his lines, which had seemed a bit ambitious (opening with “I am extremely experienced in navigational matters...”), DGS3 as a sheep was invisible to us all on the back row, but we’re not letting on to him. grin

Marydoll, baby Jesus in my nativity set is missing an eye this year and Joseph did a runner years ago (we’ve no idea where the little divils put him). The shepherd with a lamb on his shoulders mysteriously lost his head one year and became a gruesome human/sheep hybrid till the UHU came out.

We’ve a quietish day today. After a quick trip to town to hire a number 7 cake tin for DGS1’s birthday cake, I’ll be starting on the Christmas cards and decorations. It’s my reading group festive meal tonight, just a 5 minute walk away, hurrah!

Thinking of gilly and hoping for good news.

gillybob Wed 11-Dec-19 09:39:58

Good morning from the NE coast .

Well I haven’t posted for a few days as I have been waiting for something more positive to post instead of my usual round of misery. But here goes anyway.......

The “good news” ????? is that DH was moved onto the ward yesterday afternoon and my first impressions are already not good. Last night I had to tell “nurses” twice that “NO HE DOES NOT HAVE DEMENTIA......HE HAS BEEN ON LIFE SUPPORT for weeks”

I am told that one of the outreach workers will go to the ward today to explain everything but why didn’t they go yesterday? Today is a day too late!

He is still a little confused and the nightmares are still very frightening . My worry is that on the ward he will be treat (or not) just like anyone else when he has been through the most horrendous time. He still can’t walk and his voice is weak . He can’t eat or drink yet. Waiting for another SALT assessment . How in earth he will manage I don’t know . Obviously on the ward I am not allowed the 24/7 access I had in ICU .

On top of this I still have the most horrendous tooth ache following a root canal on my front tooth (2 weeks ago) second round of antibiotics and not a lot of improvement . Dentist saying he thinks it will have to be redone, the thought of which I can’t bear. Sounds a bit melodramatic considering, I know, but my MS is giving me a bit of a hard time too so all together not a very happy picture.

I might not post again for a while as I know plenty others are having hard times too and I feel terribly guilty for sucking all the niceness from this lovely thread and spoiling it for those who are enjoying happier times .

A huge thank you to everyone continuing to hold DH in their thoughts and prayers, I cannot tell you how much it means to me.

love Gillybob xx

Nortsat46 Wed 11-Dec-19 09:29:15

Good morning Mick and the GM team ... Nice to see this thread back to the pleasant, positive start to the day, that so many of us enjoy.

Glad to know we are all gradually getting our trees and decorations up. I have a bit more to do in that department...
GN’s are baking enough mince pies to feed the nation ... I would appreciate one (at a minimum) heading my way, please.

Post office for Christmas parcels and overseas cards dispatch ... and then out for lunch with partner.

As others ... hoping for news of the gillybobs.
Sending good thoughts to all who are facing challenges today, including dragonfly and SirChenjin

harrigran Wed 11-Dec-19 09:23:36

Good morning from a calm dry NE.
The weather was horrendous yesterday, wind and torrential rain.
I am going to do some shopping for food but I am tired after another disturbed night.
Sending love to the gillybobs

aggie Wed 11-Dec-19 09:17:58

I keep posting too soon , meant to add my concerns for the Gillybobs

aggie Wed 11-Dec-19 09:16:52

Good morning all from a calm and fairly bright Co Armagh .
Seniors club this am , I missed last week due to a heavy cold so no idea what we will be doing , but it is always fun and nice to catch up on all the gossip !
Youngest is in the throes of first time house purchase , getting guarded reports from him ! Buying i Edinburgh and environs isn't for the faint hearted , they are going to have a very quiet Christmas in their present abode .............. cleaning and downsizing !

Kalu Wed 11-Dec-19 09:14:21

Good morning all from the Wild West. A fair description of yet another wet and very windy day in Glasgow.

Pleased to hear the buggy made it back to the car NanKate. I was willing it along as I read your post. Phew indeed!

Sorry to hear about your DS’s cat Greyduster?

Laughing at the holy pizza maker Marydoll ?

DGDs FaceTimed me last night, 14 and 10 respectively. We have arranged I will collect them both from school on Friday and go shopping for Mummy’s (DD1) Christmas presents. I missed half of the conversation as they constantly talk over each other and DGD2 decides to show me her cartwheels! Good grief, my ears were ringing by the time the call finished. ?

I too am hoping for news from gilly

Hope the day is kind to everyone, especially those with troubles to deal with.

Anniebach Wed 11-Dec-19 09:10:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

My younger daughter and her husband are coming here today for two days.