Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Wed 11-Dec-19 06:12:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
A day at home , small shop , and do other household things.
A day of relaxation ready for tomorrows busy programme.
Mick

kittylester Wed 11-Dec-19 06:18:43

Morning Mick, morning all.

It seems like a quiet day weatherwuse in North Leicestershire which is a blessing after the really high winds we had yesterday.

More card writing and wrapping for me before the school run in Derby.

Thinking if gilly and hoping for an update. And, of course any one else who needs kind thoughts.

fatgran57 Wed 11-Dec-19 06:19:33

Good morning - or evening here in Tasmania. nice weather last two days unlike the mainland of Australia where there are terrible bushfires.

Thinking of Gillybob and others having a sad time.

Pantglas2 Wed 11-Dec-19 06:28:34

Morning you three above me and all to come from a dry and not so blustery north Wales!

Up and about early as I’ve got a lot on - food shop, cards to deliver and more mince pies to make (I knew that once I started on the darned things, the stash would need replenishing on a twice weekly basis!)

Kind thoughts to all with health worries - and a good day for all x

Beechnut Wed 11-Dec-19 06:54:19

Good Morning everyone from a dark and slightly damp Severnside.

My DD will be coming here and we are off to do something crafty.

First of all though I’m going to make a fish pie as apart from my breakfast all I ate yesterday was biscuits!

Thinking of you all and also hope for news of gilly and her DH ?

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 11-Dec-19 07:05:07

Good morning from east London, still dark but at least it’s not raining and the wind has dropped for the moment. Tomorrow at this time I’ll be opening up the polling station I’m working at - my second day’s (paid) work this year. Today, playing tennis this morning then more clearing out in the afternoon as well as sorting out provisions for DP and myself for tomorrow - it’s a long day. Hope you have the best day you can.

BlueSapphire Wed 11-Dec-19 07:09:30

And a good morning from a dark and damp Northampton. I hate Wednesdays because I have to wait to have my mug of tea as I have to take my weekly tablet first thing, and let that go down for half an hour. Anyway now settled with tea and a ginger biscuit and a cat on my lap.

Managed to get the tree up yesterday, connected the right plugs so that it lights up, and decorated. But managed to break the locking screw that keeps the tree steady in the base, so rang the company and they are sending me another one. The cats don't seem terribly interested in it thank goodness.

Christmas cards to write this morning and more mince pies to make this afternoon.

Hoping for a good day for all.

Nannytopsy Wed 11-Dec-19 07:13:04

Good morning to Mick and his followers. Dry and calm in Suffolk this morning - what a nice change! A busy day yesterday with grandchildren and dogs but I went to the nativity play so that made up for the early start. Our lovely builders managed to lock us out last night but they returned with the keys. If they had posted them through the letterbox we would have been in trouble!
Wishing everyone a good day

NanKate Wed 11-Dec-19 07:16:30

Morning Mick and All.

Dark and cold in South Bucks.

Yesterday’s trip with the WI to an NT property was eventful. Having toured the house all decorated in 1940s style we then had a delicious roasted veg soup and rustic bread (whatever that is) I summoned the buggy to take us back to the car park. I usually walk back through the woods but I was taking care of 2 less mobile members. The rain was bucketing down and the wind blowing so I was grateful when the buggy pulled up beside the cafe. The driver chatted away to me in the front whilst my friends were zipped up behind thick plastic curtain in the back. Half way through the woods which is on an incline the buggy started to slow down and he looked quite alarmed and said the battery was about to fail. ? I suggested he just kept it going and wherever it stopped I thought I could just about get my friends to the car. We were definitely the tortoise not the hare. The driver told me their other buggy had got a puncture. We just got to the car as it failed. Phew! Their were other WI members with mobility problems left in the shop and I am just wondering how they got them all back to their respective cars. Quite an adventure.

Just the chiropodist for me today.

I’m concerned we have heard nothing from Gillybob for a while. ?

MawB Wed 11-Dec-19 07:19:12

Good morning all from N Bucks.
Great day in Oxford yesterday apart from the filthy weather! Met up with a Gransnetter at the Ashmolean where we had tickets for the Last Supper at Pompei exhibition, followed by a longish lunch and more than a bit of a blether! It was lovely but I was glad I had left the car here and gone on the X5 as driving conditions both ways were appalling.
(I looked out for you at the Buckingham and Bicester stops, Mick but I think I was earlier going and later coming back.)
A day of finishing off some details today, a few more cards, a couple more presents to wrap, a dog who felt very neglected yesterday to console and a bit of tidying up.
Hoping to hear positive news from Gillybob and with comforting wishes to all with worries or health issues, I wish you all a pleasant day.

Resurgam123 Wed 11-Dec-19 07:28:41

Oh heck I think I have just posted on Tuesday. That is having a really bad night. On Monday evening my car battery died when I was 10 miles away at choir. That kept us late and I and I am still really tired.
Oh for some decent sleep.

The we are one car short

Brunette10 Wed 11-Dec-19 07:29:49

Good Morning to everyone from a dark, damp and windy Fife once gain. Have the dentist first thing today again, some shopping to do and then having former neighbours for afternoon tea. He was actually my Art teacher at school and when DH and I married and bought our first house it turned out they had also bought a new house right next door so we have remained friends since I was 15, a lovely couple too. Everyone seems to be very busy today. Glad you had a good time MawB in Oxford yesterday sounds fun. Hope everyone gets everything they want done today and remain happy and healthy.

mancgirl Wed 11-Dec-19 07:35:01

Good morning all from Spain. Not properly light but think I can see a blue sky appearing. Had videos of our three year old gs as a king in his first nativity yesterday. Much as we love Spain, I couldn't live here full time, I would miss the family too much. Errands this morning, lunch on the coast later. Have a good day everyone. Hope Gilly updates us later.

Alygran Wed 11-Dec-19 07:39:50

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s still dark and I have no idea what the weather is like. A pheasant flew into the car bonnet and windscreen yesterday as I was driving home. I think it must have been caught in the high winds. It made such a bang.
Off out to lunch with a friend today, then doing bits around the house.
Hoping to see an update from Gilly. Good wishes to all who are struggling.
Hope today is kind to you all.

travelsafar Wed 11-Dec-19 07:40:18

Looks dry outside at the moment here in Letchworth. I am off to have a fasting blood test this morning and really missing my tea and coffee. smile.

Afterwards off to the library group which meets each month. I doubt i shall do much once i get home, but this evening I am out with some old workfriends for a Xmas get together and and a meal. Have a great day eveyone.

Marydoll Wed 11-Dec-19 07:54:47

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow, it 5C.

Kate, you had a lucky escape yesterday and how kind of you to look after your friends.

We are off into town today to pick up our new tablets from JL, as the very old ones are failing. sad
In my head I had a shopping experience planned, (with a bag carrier) as yesterday's trip was curtailed by the horrendous weather, (the river was lapping the main road, as I drove home ?) , but DH has a COLD and says we will not be lingering for long!
I know he is right, as my RA has flared up, my legs won't do as they are told, and I have to climb the hill where I had the tights fiasco after the Glasgow meet up last year. blush.

I spent last night, gluing the legs back onto the animals in our crib. DGD had decided to play with the animals, which I didn't have a problem with, (developing her imagination and solitary play skills, always a teacher. grin
She had so much fun and to see the joy of Christmas through the eyes of a child, is a wonderful thing.

However, she came to tell me someone had broken the legs off the donkeys and the goat.
You see gran, they were running to see Santa (in a Christmas globe) and they bumped into each other fell and cut their legs, so the doctor cut their legs off.!.
I have had that crib for over thirty years and despite having three children, it remained intact.

Every year when we go to Rome, we buy an item for the crib and as a consequence, have a holy goat, a holy turkey, holy pizza maker, etc. etc. It's become a bit of a family joke to see what we can pick on each visit.
My hands are covered in superglue, at one point, the goat's leg was stuck to my finger (as the phone was ringing) and the other one is somewhere under the fridge. with the missing tablet. grin
I'm still looking for the other donkeys leg! sad.

I too am worried about not hearing from Gilly. It has been a few days.
Love to Dragonfly and all those on here, who are struggling.

Thank you everyone who wrote kind comments or messaged me yesterday. ?
I felt quite foolish, blush getting upset about something so simple, but unwarranted. My high levels of pain and this constant nausea are dragging me down, so everything seems so much worse.
Time to lay this to rest and move on with a happy, GM thread.

There, I have done it again, a NOVELLA, I never stick to my resolutions ! grin

Greyduster Wed 11-Dec-19 07:56:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The calm after the storm here in South Yorkshire. I think we are set to have a bright, dry day. Hairdresser for me this afternoon, and then we will drop in on my neice for a cup of tea. I’ll make some mince pies this morning to take over. My poor DS had to say goodbye to one of his cats yesterday. He and his wife were so upset.
Kindly wishes to Gilly and all who are struggling today.

Susan56 Wed 11-Dec-19 07:57:09

Good morning from Shropshire.Sounds like the wind and rain have died down at last.
We are going to Cheshire today to visit mum.We will go to put the Christmas tree/flower arrangement on dad’s grave then will go out for lunch.DH has just informed me he is not happy with the tiny tree so will need about half an hour to sort it out,he said 10 mins but his 10 mins will definitely be more like 30!
Sending love to Lins,dragonfly and anyone else with family or health worries.
Hope to hear from gilly today.Sending love,thoughts and prayers.x

oldgaijin Wed 11-Dec-19 07:57:49

Good morning from a dark, dreich Aberdeenshire.

Marydoll, please don't stop posting...we love your Glasgow humour, your crises, your disasters! If any tow rags post nasties, I'll skelp their lugs wi' a weet cloot! (trans. Give them a clip round their ears with a wet cloth).

Monday did not go well...I lost the receipt for a dog jacket that I wanted to exchange, only to arrive in Aberdeen with no handbag, so the friend I'd hitched a ride with had to buy me a sandwich. Then I locked myself out of the bank app on my phone...no card, so bank unable to help.
Tuesday was Groundhog day and I managed to get my few bits of shopping. John Lewis had texted my friend to collect her new laptop...guess what? No parcel for her at collection point! I should have stayed in bed.

Have a great day.

oldgaijin Wed 11-Dec-19 07:59:46

IS Have decided to keep dog jacket...a larger size would be too big.

Marydoll Wed 11-Dec-19 08:01:16

oldgaijin, a kindred spirit, that's the kind of days I have!!!
I know now I'm not alone!!
I'm sorry I had to laugh. grin

Urmstongran Wed 11-Dec-19 08:04:51

Good morning everyone from sunny Malaga. We go home tomorrow. I can’t believe 6 weeks have passed!

Bedding to wash, then mid morning will have a stroll into Arroyo I think. A pretty town, always buzzing with lots of people to watch while we have café con leche.

Your day in Oxford sounded good Maw you do seem to find interesting things to enjoy. I wonder who your GN companion was.

Hope your friends aren’t too chewy Brunette!

Hoping to hear from gillybob soon and that Wednesday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

DoraMarr Wed 11-Dec-19 08:10:35

Good morning from a bright and dry Birmingham, which is a nice change from yesterday’s gales and rain.
Maw your trip to Oxford sounds good- I have a visit there planned for after Christmas.
Today I have a quiet morning at home, and then Architecture group this afternoon, when we will be talking about Lost Birmingham. I’m contributing a song ( a recording, I won’t be singing.) I will collect my grandson from nursery, then my daughter and I are going to John Lewis for a cardholders’ evening. Will try to keep a firm hold on my purse!
Best wishes to all, especially those who are lonely or in poor health, or caring for others.

dragonfly46 Wed 11-Dec-19 08:16:41

Good morning from Leicestershire, there is a beautiful sunrise over the hill.

My Wee Willy Winky hat kept me warmer last night!

I appreciated you coming back and cheering my morning Marydoll. It is a lovely start to my day and I hope you feel better as the day goes on.

Thinking of you too Lins I hope your back is not causing too much pain.
Love to Gilly as always.

Ginny42 Wed 11-Dec-19 08:17:28

Good morning Mick and everyone. I'm very slow to get going this morning. After yesterday's squally weather it's quiet in Cheshire. There was bright moonlight around 3.00a.m.the sky is mostly clear, but clouds are moving in fast from the south and picking up a dramatic pink glow from the rising sun.

A little shopping trip today as I have a dinner this evening, for which I have to supply the raffle prize as I won the last one. I didn't get the tree from the loft yesterday as my neighbour who helps me with such jobs has sciatica, so I'll have to wait until her DS comes to visit. Reading of marathon mince pie production on yesterday's thread, I'm rather glad my little family don't like them! GS and I will make a gingerbread house.

Gilly and her DH are in my thoughts, also dragonfly and all who need support of one kind or another. I'm going to stir myself and get out for a walk with neighbours at 9.

Have a good day everyone.