Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Thu 12-Dec-19 06:19:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry today here in Brackley , slight change of routine for me today.
A little later I will walk to the polling station about a 2 minute walk away do the X business.
Then instead of going out, we have are xmas lunch where I live today , then a quiet afternoon.
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Thu 12-Dec-19 10:18:47

Safe journey Urmstongran, hope you are prepared for the cold weather x

NfkDumpling Thu 12-Dec-19 10:24:15

Morning All

Bloomin’ freezing here today in deepest Norfolk. The sun shone early on just enough to make the window cleaner think it was safe for him to come. It’s a big job, the windows are filthy.

Then the plumber is fitting us in hopefully before lunch as the kitchen sink is blocked. (Not good as the pipe runs out under the conservatory, so fingers crossed)

And hopefully, DHL should be delivering our DS and DiL’s Christmas present some time today.

Glad to hear that Mr G is back on the ward. It is a big jump and more frustrating for him, but a good sign nonetheless. So sorry to hear about your tooth Gilly. Can you find a dentist who does general anaesthetic? I really sympathise as I have a terror of anything dental and tooth ache is the last thing you need just now (or any time). flowers

Callistemon Thu 12-Dec-19 10:43:15

Good morning all from a dark and wet S Wales.
The windscreen was iced over last night when we went out to a Carol service and again when we came home so I expected to see frost and ice this morning, not rain.
We'd planned a day at home, I need to clean before we put up the Christmas decorations. However, we just had a phone call to say that two people we had recommended to go to a charity lunch have cancelled and would we like to go instead. Do I feel like being sociable? hmm but I don't like to see food wasted.

gillybob I'm sorry to hear that your tooth is playing up, is it a front tooth?
I had one towards the back out, the dentist offered root canal work but I said just take it out.
I do hope the team has updated the nurses on the ward about your DH and that he is getting the care he deserves by now.

Best wishes to all and especially to those who are having some problems at the moment.

Have a good lunch Mick

Nannytopsy Thu 12-Dec-19 11:22:39

Good morning Mickand his followers. It was very frosty in Suffolk this morning but now we are in drizzle on the A1 on our way to SiL.
We are off to Leamington on Saturday Kitty. Hope you had a good time. Welcome Summerfly - my Christmas cake needs feeding and marzipan.
Best wishes to everyone.

Jan16 Thu 12-Dec-19 13:40:13

Marydoll. That’s so funny! I once got stuck in a changing room the dress over my head. Somehow got it wedged couldn’t see and couldn’t move. I was tugging and wiggling red in the face and soo hot. Thought I was going to tear it. Eventually managed to wiggle out to realise if I had undone the zip at the side it would all have been much easier!