Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Tue 17-Dec-19 06:10:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a wet start here in Brackley this morning.
Doing my usual bus tip out with one present to buy for xmas.
Usual coffee stops in Bicester and Buckingham, then hang around for the bus home.
Mick

Mapleleaf Tue 17-Dec-19 08:39:51

Good morning,

It's cold and frosty here today and the sky looks grey now, so not sure what kind of day is in store weatherwise.
Got up early as DH was coughing and spluttering but now seems to have settled again and probably sleeping like a baby! ? (I wouldn't be surprised if he gives me his cold for Christmas)!

I've got presents to finish wrapping and the kitchen unit tops to scrub (don't they get greasy - yuk). I think I'll tackle those first and wrap presents later.

Hope everyone has a decent day and that gilly has better news from the hospital and is also getting some respite from her toothache, and anyone feeling ill or sad, I send you kind thoughts and hope today brings a bit of relief.

Harris27 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:42:47

Well I’m. Outing the days raptors breaking up from work. I love my job but the cold in my classroom getS to me at this time of year. It’s nursery’s Christmas party today I always call it bedlam day! We have icy conditions here with a dust of snow so very Christmassy but very cold! Three more days to go!

Harris27 Tue 17-Dec-19 08:44:29

Must check spelling before sending! Counting the days to. it should of read.whoops!

Mapleleaf Tue 17-Dec-19 08:44:31

? mythbertthedragon.

Anniebach Tue 17-Dec-19 08:52:34

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

MamaCaz Tue 17-Dec-19 08:55:52

Good Morning all, from a very damp, misty part of Northamptonshire.

I don't normally post on here, but I have been popping in a lot recently to see how things are going for Gillybob.
I hope you don't mind if I butt in now to add my own best wishes to those that you all regularly send her.

Gillybob, your (and obviously your DH's) situation sounds absolutely awful - like others, I got tears in my eyes just from reading your description of his so-called 'care' on the ward.
I don't know where you are finding your strength right now, but you are being amazing!
Keep on keeping on, and as my OH would say, "don't let the buggers get you down"! flowers

GrannyGravy13 Tue 17-Dec-19 09:31:22

Goodmorning Mick and all x

It's grey, miserable and drizzling here in S E Essex, no seagulls on the school field so the sea (Thames Estuary really but hey ho) must be calm.

Another disturbed night for me, my batteries are definitely running on empty. I had just settled back on my pillows with a cup of tea when heavily pregnant daughter rang or say she had been up all night being sick, headache and tummy cramps!!! So I leapt out of bed threw on some clothes and drove to pick up GS, brought him back here and got him ready for school. He was bouncing like "tigger" as it is his first "Christmas Jumper Day". He will stay here tonight to give D a rest (her partner works in the City and his hours are extremely long at the moment).

Just having a restorative latte (heavy on the caffeine) before changing beds, and a quick tidy up before the cleaners come in tomorrow.

mythbertthedragon sorry to hear your sad news.

Hope to hear some positive news from gillybob today.

There seems to be lots of germs and coughs around, hope those suffering feel better soon.

I have missed starblazes news, so sending flowers

Keep warm and dry.

QuaintIrene Tue 17-Dec-19 10:06:06

Good morning everyone I am up. Shaky but on the mend. Must’ve been a virus or something.
Going for a shower and then change the bed. I wish someone could come and do it for me
Present wrapping this evening just the ones for my sister and BIL and cats. She’s calling for me tomorrow and going to their house for tea, dreading a bit she is a terrible driver and I usually bus it but not up to it yet.
I hope everyone Ill feels better soon and troubled folks find some peace. ?
Take care

Auntieflo Tue 17-Dec-19 10:07:48

Good morning Michael, Annie and all. Slept in late, again, this morning.DH has just gone to his usual Tuesday morning meeting, and I should be tidying up, and showing the, downstairs, at least, that we still have a hoover.
My crochet is almost finished, see picture, just awaiting the arrival of the frankincense and myrrh, for 2 of the Kings.
Unfortunately, the donkey/ horse is a tad small, but he will have to do.
Hoping Gillybob, is coping , as I haven't seen any news from her for a couple of days.
To all those facing bereavement and sadness, I send a watm hug. Also to the ones suffering the lurgy, get well soon.
I am off to volunteer this afternoon , so better get a wiggle on.
Have a good day one and all.

Treenymph Tue 17-Dec-19 10:30:56

Good morning GN from a very wet soggy north norfolk. Have just finished filling bird feeders and checking the hedgehogs who should be sleeping but are still coming out of their boxes to feed at night. now need bedding down again for the day. Am very wet so a shower and a mug of bovril on the cards have a good day everyone and speedy recovery wishes to all who are under the weather.

gillybob Tue 17-Dec-19 11:04:30

A rather late Good morning from the NE coast.

I had very little sleep again last night as I had my root canal redone yesterday after another weekend of agony. Telephoned dentist first thing yesterday and he said to come in and he would work around the patients with appointments. Anyway he has packed it all up again with sedatives and antibiotics and I have yet another prescription for 2 lots of antibiotics to take. Blimey £9 an item for a prescription here in England which means I have spent almost £60 on antibiotics alone this last month, never mind the actual dental treatment and the copious amounts of painkillers I am going through !

Anyway enough of my griping......

I am bringing DH home today no matter what. Can’t be doing with the crap on this ward. Apart from nurses snatching meals away, leaving him soaked in urine for hours on end, the last straw yesterday was DH saying he was dying of thirst then watching a health care assistant making him “a drink” of fresh orange juice ( provided by me of course) . He is on level one fluids (1 small scoop of thicken up, in the glass first then topped up by 250mls of liquid). How difficult can that be ? I watched her as she literally poured the powder ( no measuring) into about 150 mls of juice and plopped a spoon in it . The resulting jelly was about as far from a drink as you could imagine ( see photo ) .

Anyway enough is enough. Rightly or wrongly, I have made a final decision and spoken with the consultant. He has given me his blessing and ticked the relevant boxes so it will not be a case of signing him out. Have put a few things in place at home for him myself and will just have to go with the flow .

So sorry to hear about the death of your DP’s brother Mybirthdragon flowers Not sure what is wrong with starblazes I must’ve missed her posts , but I wish her ( and anyone else suffering sadness or illness) well too.

Deep breaths .....

Love Gillybob xx

Kalu Tue 17-Dec-19 11:17:12

Good morning from a soggy Glasgow. Bitter cold yesterday and it feels like it has continued today. Haven’t been out yet.

Finally got a full nights sleep?

Enjoyed my shopping trip with both GDs. it was GD1’s trip this time, 14y. Very organised, with a list? and knows what she likes. Quite a monochrome selection and she was delighted with her new bits. One choice was jammies with a logo, Wake me up when it’s christmas. Quite apt for a teenager I thought!

Plan for the day is doing bits and pieces at home.

Sad news Myth ?

Hope everyone has a good day especially those dealing with illness and troubling times.

Kalu Tue 17-Dec-19 11:30:46

Just saw your post gilly

No matter what would be ahead, I couldn’t have left my DH in the appalling circumstances you describe. Being in the comfort of his own home with your loving care will absolutely lift his spirits on his way to recovery. Wishing you both lots of strength for the days ahead.

Take care of yourself too gilly. Both you and your DH are the priority here x

conor Tue 17-Dec-19 11:37:07

Good morning from a very wet Essex. Have done schoolrun, Tesco run and hair appt as going out on Xmas "do" with my yoga group. Have another one tomorrow night with the school I used to work in for 26 years and now volunteer (so I can still go on the Xmas do!!)
Such heartwarming news from Gillybobs and sure DH will improve no end under your watchful eye and care. I do hope you have help in place as can be daunting on your own.
Marydoll's post about the school nativity made me smile, as all the years I would laugh at the pushy parents/grandparents queuing for ages in the cold to get a front seat and guess who was doing that this year.!! But so worth it! ? Hope everyone hasa good day xxx

GrannySomerset Tue 17-Dec-19 13:09:23

Wishing you a smooth path, Gilly, in bringing DH home. Hope family will be doing things for you and not expecting you to pick up where you left off so many weeks ago.

Do hope you will feel able to complain about the scandalous nursing care - not merely due to staff shortages but also a total failure of leadership by the nursing management. There are more than enough managers, after all!

Thinking of you.

vena11 Tue 17-Dec-19 13:15:17

Hope all goes well and you get him home gillybob

EllanVannin Tue 17-Dec-19 13:51:47

Good Day All.
Frosty first thing but the sun tried its hardest to show through and it's pleasant enough but cold.
I had to make an earlyish dart this morning to a meeting so by the time it was over, my D ran me home as she'd sneaked out from work, we had a bit of lunch.

I went on Ebay to see how my bidded items were getting on and can't log on, it doesn't recognise me ! There are two items which I'm waiting on, what a nuisance. I won't panic just yet.

Just seen Gillybob's post and hope all goes well as I'm sure it will in his own home. xx That slop in the glass looked revolting ! The poor man will need building up but not with concoctions like that. Familiar surroundings make a huge difference too.
Gillybob I'd rather have a gap than put up with what you have had these last few weeks. In the film " Dennis " his dad stuck a chicklet in place of the gap hahahaha. Who cares ?

Hope those with ills and bereavements can manage some rest and reflection in between what they have to do.
Enjoy the rest of the day.

NanKate Tue 17-Dec-19 14:03:02

Thank you Mary the fresh bread was delicious ?

Como2020 Tue 17-Dec-19 14:15:23

Afternoon and hello to all from the borderlands.

MrGillybob’s going home! Wonderful news.

Wishy-washy rays of winter sunshine fighting through, with looming bruised clouds behind.

Grammaretto Tue 17-Dec-19 15:29:19

Happy Days smile Mr Gillybob is going home!!

I hope you can quickly get him comfy and begin to feed him properly. I'm sure the family will help.
May it be the true road to recovery.

That hospital does not sound like a place I would want to be in or have anyone I care about in - ever.

Can you move to Scotland Gilly? we don't pay for prescriptions.

cornergran Tue 17-Dec-19 17:35:56

Wishing you both a quiet and comfortable night gilly. Please do complain about the ‘care’ if you can find the energy. Love to you both.

elastic Tue 17-Dec-19 17:47:48

I am so glad you are taking him home Gillybob. I wish him all the very best (and you).

Sorry to hear about your poor tooth. Hope it clears up very soon.

Auntieflo Tue 17-Dec-19 18:58:44

Great news Gillybob.
Will you be able to manage? Are you going to get any help provided?
Sorry to be nosy, but you have got plenty of help? Especially with you under the weather with your sore mouth

Best wishes to you and Mr Gillybob

janzicb1 Tue 17-Dec-19 21:54:31

Good luck with the move back home eith your dearest. I’m sure you’ll find he gets better quicker at home That care was disgraceful in the hospital!! I know how hard and taxing it will be to cope with him but he’ll recover so much better at home. All the hugs in the world to help you in your way!!!!