Gransnet forums

Chat

Parcel deliveries by courier

(21 Posts)
bikergran Wed 18-Dec-19 18:02:35

courier from Amazon today left GSons x box on dd front doorstep in full view of everyone!! how it was still there we shall never know(must be lot of honest people around)!!

Alexa Wed 18-Dec-19 15:50:40

Maybe it was a stolen car.

Wheniwasyourage Wed 18-Dec-19 15:41:22

It sounds to me as if the courier was very efficient. After all, there are so many complaints about parcels being delivered to the wrong address, so it must be useful to know that it was at least the right street if there is a problem. I' m sorry your friends found it necessary to be so ungrateful; you must feel hurt. flowers

sodapop Wed 18-Dec-19 13:42:19

I found parcel deliveries difficult this year. Hampers especially as anything with alcohol has to be signed for and people are often out at work. One family member has gone away until the end of Dec but forgot to tell us so two parcels languishing in the post office. Note to self stick to vouchers next year.

FlyingSolo Wed 18-Dec-19 10:35:18

Lemongrove, both houses were in the photo as the parcel had been left with their next door neighbour.

elastic Wed 18-Dec-19 09:03:14

Ungrateful sods!

lemongrove Wed 18-Dec-19 08:59:16

Initially I thought the courier had taken a photo of the house and car of the people he had left the gift with ( neighbours) but all the posts seem to show differently.
Why would the courier take a pic of the house/car where the gift was intended to end up but didn’t?

Elegran Wed 18-Dec-19 08:33:05

I'd be in touch to suggest that they contact the courier themselves complaining about the car photograph, and adding that you yourself are grateful to the courier for removing your worries that the parcel had vanished somewhere in transit.

Remind them that to claim against them you do need to KNOW whether it had arrived or not and as the couple hadn't got round to informing you, it could have been stolen for all you knew.

If you don't mind falling out with them, end by hoping that they enjoy the gift, because it seems that they weren't very happy to get it, so it could be the last gift they get from you.

Harris27 Wed 18-Dec-19 08:24:24

Off my list they would be!!! Not very nice seasonal manners is it? Save your money next year!

Yehbutnobut Wed 18-Dec-19 08:05:02

Above posts say it all. I’d not be in touch with them for a very long time...if ever. Let them be the first to make contact.,

bikergran Wed 18-Dec-19 08:04:34

rude! cross them off your Christmas list, cant stand rude/ill mannered/ungrateful people. (send it to me instead next time, I will be truly grateful and you can take a picy of my old car) smile

TwiceAsNice Wed 18-Dec-19 07:22:51

What a pair! How ungrateful . It would be the last present they ever got from me and I agree I wouldn’t even respond to the message

Willow500 Wed 18-Dec-19 07:16:43

Extremely bad manners and very upsetting response!! I wouldn't bother sending them anything again!

H1954 Wed 18-Dec-19 07:12:10

Extremely bad manners and very ungrateful people! Personally, I would not bother next year!

Kalu Wed 18-Dec-19 07:05:16

Well I hope they won’t be holding their breath for next years gift!

Awful people who don’t deserve your kindness. Off the list.

Calendargirl Wed 18-Dec-19 06:43:17

I would always let people know quite promptly if I received something from a delivery company, just so they know it’s arrived. As others have said, anyone could take photos of your car anywhere, supermarket car park, whatever. Very ungrateful recipients.

Esther1 Wed 18-Dec-19 05:00:17

You went to a lot of trouble to send them a gift. They obviously don’t appreciate it and have been so discourteous to you. Keep a dignified silence now and don’t bother with them anymore.

jeanie99 Wed 18-Dec-19 01:27:04

OMG
How rude is that.
One couple off the Christmas list I think.

BradfordLass72 Wed 18-Dec-19 01:19:37

I wonder if they are going to say the same to the Police and the Transport Authorities who regularly photograph all cars on the road?

What mean-spirited people they are anyway, cross 'em off your Xmas list!

Sara65 Wed 18-Dec-19 00:54:22

Very bad manners.

Honestly, how petty can you get! I wouldn’t bother again if I were you.

FlyingSolo Wed 18-Dec-19 00:36:30

I ordered a gift for someone and it was sent direct from the company by courier to the couple I had bought it for. I let them know a christmas gift was arriving today, told them the time slot and said to let me know if they weren't going to be in and I could change the day. I didn't hear anything back so the courier tried to deliver at the correct time, got no answer and so left the parcel with the neighbour next door to them.

I received an email telling me this and showing a photo that the delivery person had taken of the house with a car in the driveway. I didn't recognise the house from the photo and they changed their car recently so I wasn't sure if the car was theirs either. So I forwarded these details to the couple and asked them to confirm they had received the parcel.

The only response I got back to that was to say we've got them, thanks. But can you tell them I don't appreciate my car being photographed

Seriously why would anyone care that their car was in the photograph that was only taken to prove they delivered the parcel and only sent to me as I was the one who ordered it? Do you think the response I received to sending a christmas gift was reasonable or bad manners?