Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(77 Posts)
12Michael Wed 18-Dec-19 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry with mist here in Brackley this morning.
Somewhat of a busy long day for me , small shop , hopefully nip into Banbury , back for lunch, have a kip, and then get ready to see Motown the Musical at Oxford for the 6th and final time , The UK tour finishes at Oxford in early January.
That is on an organised coach trip.
Mick

Grammaretto Wed 18-Dec-19 08:55:47

smile Marydoll what a kind man. I would definitely keep him.

dragonfly46 Wed 18-Dec-19 08:56:13

That’s wonderful Mary - such a relief for you.

Treenymph Wed 18-Dec-19 08:56:32

Good morning all from damp misty north norfolk. Had planned a quiet catch up day. No chance.am about to bath a collie who should be black and white and not the creature from the black lagoon she loves to puddle jump, muddier the better today has excelled herself so it's a shower in the wet room and the hair dryer. To make matters worse the whippet is looking at her with the my breakfast will be late because of you look on her face. Have a good day everyone and hope all goes well gilly.

Willynilly Wed 18-Dec-19 09:04:57

Good morning one and all. Very foggy, damp and dewy this morning in the East Midlands. The hem of my pyjama bottoms got soaked waiting for the whirling dervish puppy to have her early morning wee.
Busy day today, shopping and preparing for the arrival of DGDs. I shall be running myself ragged enjoying their company for a few days while their parents are getting drunk going to their work's Christmas parties. Very hard work but I'll miss them when they've gone home.
Have a good day everyone, take it easy if you're able to.

Susan56 Wed 18-Dec-19 09:06:30

Good morning from Shropshire.Its a really thick frost and quite foggy.
We had a lovely lunch yesterday.It was lovely to meet some of my dads colleagues.They had so many lovely tales to tell about him and had brought some prints of photos for me.My dad died suddenly at only 60 years old and it was lovely to speak to people who knew him for many years.
Today we are going into town and then picking up DGD from pre school.We will take her to the garden centre to pick an ornament for the tree.She is staying tonight instead of tomorrow this week.
Lins,so good you were able to get out for a walk?
Dragonfly,hope you are feeling better today and Brunette hope you feel better soon.
Good wishes to all with family or health worries.
I hope your DH got home gilly and that you have had a reasonable night.Sending love as always to you both.x

Anniebach Wed 18-Dec-19 09:07:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gillybob Wed 18-Dec-19 09:24:33

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a very heavy frost.

Well DH is home and it’s been an “interesting” kind of night and I have had very little sleep . Toothache and tears.

After supper of his favourite “special recipe” shepherds pie which he demolished. Bless him he made it up stairs (we live in a 3 storey house) by kind of kneeling on the stairs every few climbs. He took a break on the middle floor and we carried on up . Absolutely amazing considering what he has been through. He is fast asleep now and I am wondering how the hell we will get back down stairs, was thinking of a kind of slow bum shuffle . Maybe I could get our little Evie over to demonstrate?

Feeling strangely calm considering the mountains we have ahead of us. No care package offered other than a visit from physio later today and a bladder nurse...not sure when?

Looking at him lying there in bed last night, breathing, I suddenly felt very tearful and so very humbled .

I can’t begin to thank everyone on this lovely thread enough. Those who have been with DH and I through thick and thin, offering prayers and good wishes every day .

Love to all (and special thoughts go out to those feeling poorly or sad....)

Gillybob xx

harrigran Wed 18-Dec-19 09:24:51

Good morning from a very frosty NE.
Needed to be up early but slept in after a disturbed night.
Hairdresser coming at 10am.
DS's birthday today but left his gift on Sunday, that will keep him busy all day.
Trying to catch up with yesterday's news, hope you got DH sorted gilly, how can anyone call that care ?

vena11 Wed 18-Dec-19 09:29:10

Good Morning from a dry Bristol.
Gillybob I am so happy for you that you have DH home , he will come on leaps now , there is no place like home. flowers

Lisagran Wed 18-Dec-19 09:35:06

Glad you have your husband home Gillybob, but so sorry you still have toothache. You need to make a fuss about getting some support, or you will go under..... Best wishes to you xx

Bathsheba Wed 18-Dec-19 09:38:15

Good morning everyone, and especially to you gillybob. I am so pleased to see you have Mr Gillybob home with you at last. Yes, it's going to be a tough ride ahead for a while, but I'd bet he'll be getting better care from you than he was getting on the ward - he'll certainly be better fed!

Merry Christmas to you both tchsmile

Urmstongran Wed 18-Dec-19 09:39:34

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry and mild. It taken me ages to read all the posts so I’m really late now ha!

WONDERFUL NEWS gillybob that your dear husband is home! Proper food, attention and care now. I can understand how emotional you must have felt last night. You have both come a long way.

Good luck with your hospital appointment Marydoll I bet your blood pressure needs time to settle on arrival!

Have you tried Vicks on the soles of your feet at bedtime Beechnut (put a pair of cotton socks on)? It does seem to help.

No plans for today other than writing my Christmas cards - oh dear. They are arriving daily in a flurry and the outgoing ones are still sat in their boxes on the table ....
?

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Greyduster Wed 18-Dec-19 09:41:40

A very late Good morning Michael and all GNs. It is a cold, dank foggy morning in South Yorkshire. I had a poor night of lost sleep and can’t get going today, when I have absolutely heaps to do before we go away.
Gilly that’s the best news; that he is eating and sleeping in his own bed. I know it will be tough on you but I’m sure you’ll see a difference in him soon. Please take care of yourself though.

GrannySomerset Wed 18-Dec-19 09:54:17

My admiration for you, Gilly, is unbounded and I hope things go smoothly. His, and your, determination have got you this far, so we will continue to hold you in our prayers and hope form steady progress.

Ginny42 Wed 18-Dec-19 10:03:13

Good morning to all and a huge hug for Gilly. What great news and now the healing can begin for both of you. No way was he going to regain strength without nourishment. He's safe at home and will soon get used to going up and down stairs. He must have closed his eyes last night and thought 'Thank goodness to be in my own bed'. Now you have to sort out that pesky tooth!

Whatever you have planned today, have a good one everyone.

travelsafar Wed 18-Dec-19 10:05:25

Lazy morning apart from my exercise routine. MY ffriend nd I are hosting a tea party for some elderly folk this afternoon, we are hoping to be able to play your cards right with them if they can remember how to play it bless them. Many have dementia. sad Hopefully even if they can not play they will enjoy the fun and food. tchsmile

Jessity Wed 18-Dec-19 10:07:46

I don't post on this thread because it's not fair when I can't promise to do so every day but I have to post to say gillybob that's the best news in a very long time.

There are many mountains to climb (not just stairs!) ahead of you and I do hope you can make a huge fuss to get more care, you need way more help.

Do hope you get that root canal nightmare sorted out.

I continue to hold you and Mr Gillybob in my prayers.

Gingster Wed 18-Dec-19 10:10:10

Good morning from sunny Suffolk. A beautiful crisp day and gorgeous sunrise over the sea with ducks flying over. Just going for a long dog walk and back to make sausage rolls and mincemeat oat slices for any visitors. Have a lovely day everyone.

Auntieflo Wed 18-Dec-19 10:22:36

Gillybob, I've just popped back in to see if there was news from you, and there was.
Oh my, Mr Gillybob is home. If ever there was a need to post your little Yeah girl, it's today!
What you wrote brought tears to my eyes. I take my metaphorical hat off to both of you.
Well done MrG, for making the stairs, and coming down, (do try the bottom method). Slowly and carefully, perhaps watching Evie demonstrate, as suggested by Mrs G

Auntieflo Wed 18-Dec-19 10:23:59

I forgot to say Good Morning to everyone.blush

Rufus2 Wed 18-Dec-19 10:26:45

Evening All! Just thought you'd like to know it's 9.15pm, 34C indoors and 36C outdoors, after 37C this arvo! Tested the A/C just to make sure it works, as 43C forecast for Friday! tchgrin Fortunately no fires here, no smoke, no mozzies and no cicadas, yet, which is strange. Can 't be too hot for them surely!
Won't get much sleep tonight, that's for sure.
Cheers wine wine wine

Nortsat46 Wed 18-Dec-19 10:26:54

Good morning Mick and the GM team ...
Gillybob I had a tear in my eye, thinking of MrG at home in his own bed, having enjoyed his special Shepherds Pie Supper. All good thoughts to both of you.

We are off to the food bank this morning, with our ‘Reverse Advent Calendar’ donations. Then the vets for the cat’s meds and finally hand delivering the remaining Christmas cards.
Out for dinner this evening, so no cooking to think about.

Good thoughts to all, especially those facing challenges. ??

mary51 Wed 18-Dec-19 10:43:48

I have read this post every day for a couple of years and only posted once or twice. But I am so glad for you Gillybob and hope you both get the help you could do with. I have found your posts very moving and hope all goes well.

Best wishes to all especially those ill and with worries. flowers

Feelingmyage55 Wed 18-Dec-19 11:01:24

Good,morning. gillybob So pleased for you both. Maybe a bed downstairs while he gets a little more strength? How lovely for you to both be at home - given that your life also has revolved round the hospital. Will you have a GP visit - used to be the norm the day after a patient returned home. Will Evie be visiting to cheer you both up, I do hope so. ?

conor Wed 18-Dec-19 11:13:34

Good morning from a bright sunny Essex. Just back from school run and winter walk with DG2. We'heard' reindeer bells this morning and 'found' some that had actually fallen off the sleigh!! Oh to be 3 again!
Such brilliant news Gillybob and you got your Xmas wish(and all of ours) to have DH home. I hope he continues to improve as you will as well, now you can nurse him back to full health. I do hope that tree is up now! ?
Last night's yoga Xmas meal was lovely and didn't get home til midnight. Out again tonight with school colleagues so better conserve some energy today which is quite difficult with my chatty 3 year old to entertain. Hope everyone's day goes well xxxx