Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(42 Posts)
BlueSapphire Sun 22-Dec-19 08:37:03

Good morning everyone from a still dark and damp Northampton.I have put the Christmas tree lights on to brighten things up.
Out to brunch with all the family this morning then to matinee performance of the pantomime, in which elder DGD is dancing. This is the fourth year that she has done professional panto. I am so proud of her; and so would her grandad be, if only be were here. She has been working so hard, doing about 4 or 5 performances a week.
Brunette, we often used to find it was spiders crawling over the sensor when our alarm went off at random!
Hope that all have a pleasant day.

Greyduster Sun 22-Dec-19 08:33:16

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from Cornwall where the weather is apocalyptic. Gales and lashing rain last night. We did manage to get out yesterday for a walk along the coast path before the rain came in; we watched two huge seals besporting themselves in the breakers, and we got pretty wet on the way back, but it was enjoyable. No idea how today is going to unfold apart from Sunday lunch in the pub. It’s a bit wild for anything else! Have a good day folks!

DoraMarr Sun 22-Dec-19 08:16:40

Maw how lovely to be in Southwold! We had family party in Walberswick for my 70th birthday this year, it is one of my favourite places, and we are planning to go back next year. We always walk across the fields to Southwold and get the little ferry back. I love Snape Maltings too, and Aldeburgh.

cornergran Sun 22-Dec-19 08:07:53

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast corner of Somerset. Small food shop this morning, not sure what else. Hope the tooth eases gilly, your husband continues to get stronger and Sunday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Sun 22-Dec-19 07:40:54

Maw tchenvy We are going to Aldeburgh for a few days in January - cant wait!

Brunette10 Sun 22-Dec-19 07:38:46

Good Morning to all and those who follow. It's dark and damp here in Fife. Woke up with a start earlier with someone (our neighbour) ringing our doorbell. Our alarm was ringing its head off and of course neither DH or myself heard it. On checking everything all is OK. DH did check on alarm and it was our sitting room zone, so no idea what the problem is DH will check it all later. Had very busy day yesterday but got a lot done. Off to Dunblane today to join family for our usual Christmas get together but this year is sad as my dearest aunt won't be there. It's all her children /grandchildren that I have left now so it will be sad today but I'm so glad they have decided to keep with the tradition. Hope everyone is good today, thinking of Mr Gilly, hope things are progressing for the two of them. Keep your chin up everyone smile

Rufus2 Sun 22-Dec-19 07:27:19

Mick; G'Day Buddy! tchwinkHope you stay reading this thread 'cos I have another map URL. I can open it, but can't make it work. Perhaps you'll have better luck. Anyway it looks interesting so give it a go. OoRoo
thetruesize.com

Lins1066 Sun 22-Dec-19 07:27:01

Good Moring Mick and all from a dark, damp S Welsh coast. Been awake since 3am.
Glad you have sorted your medication Marydoll
Hope everyone will have a good Sunday.

MawB Sun 22-Dec-19 07:26:15

Good morning from Norfolk where everybody has enjoyed a good night (!) , in my case not waking until nearly 7.
Lovely afternoon at Southwold yesterday - there is something about the sea in winter isn’t there?
SIL’s father joining us today and we are all going to see The Snowman at Snape Maltings.
Wishing peace of mind to those with worry or sorrow and a pleasant day to all - only three more sleeps ? ? ?!

DoraMarr Sun 22-Dec-19 07:20:46

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is dry at the moment, although it rained heavily during the night. My little grandson stayed the night, so I’m having a quiet cup of tea before he wakes up. We’re all off to a family get- together today- four generations, from my 91 year old mother to my six week old grandaughter.
I hope everyone has as good a day as possible.

Marydoll Sun 22-Dec-19 07:14:02

I was so slow typing, good morning Beechnut and Kitty!!!!!

Marydoll Sun 22-Dec-19 07:13:02

Good morning Mick, Nina and Nanna123 from a damp and dark Glasgow.

I've not seen you before on this thread nanna123, so welcome if you are a new poster, you will find this a warm and friendly thread, where all are welcome.

As I wasted most of yesterday setting up my new phone and transferring data, I will need to do a catch up today.
However, I did track down the missing medication, so the world is back in equilibrium. smile

I have a small supermarket shop to do, the beds to change and a bit of baking, then chill with the papers.
I suspect we will have visitors, so things may not go to plan.grin.

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans and thinking of all those who need prayers and (((hugs))) and hoping to hear Mr GIllybob continues to progress.

kittylester Sun 22-Dec-19 07:10:22

Morning all from a quiet North Leicestershire- I think we had rain overnight but it has stopped now.

We have to collect the M&S order today and then one of my brothers is popping over for a present exchange!

Beechnut Sun 22-Dec-19 07:09:06

Good Morning everyone from a dry (at last) Severnside.

I’m out for a shop for some last minute things towards my part of the Christmas meal. Not looking forward to the shop.

Very good news about your DH gilly and let’s hope you have a speedy recovery.

After my shop I must get on and do some stuff I keep putting off.

Best Sunday wishes to you all ?

nanna123 Sun 22-Dec-19 06:52:07

Anyone got any surefast insomnia cures, I seem to spend less and less time asleep these days, four hours is a really good night. I have tried all sorts - it is worst when I have things on my mind like now with 16 of us for two nights over Christmas, just the logistics of all those hungry bodies and sheets and towels !!! (I love having them all really) !

ninathenana Sun 22-Dec-19 06:45:08

Morning Mick and all to follow.
Can 't hear any rain but I 'm still in bed so haven't looked out. I've been awake since 5 am reading.
Oven cleaned yesterday by lovely DH. House cleaned and spare beds made. So today is a chill day.
Enjoy whatever your doing.

12Michael Sun 22-Dec-19 06:15:22

Good Morning Everyone,,
its dark and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday whilst out I came across allot of localised flooding the Great Ouse close to breaching its banks , even this far down near the source.
Mick