Gransnet forums

Chat

Panto!!!

(7 Posts)
Auntieflo Tue 24-Dec-19 08:35:16

I still feel the odd pang of guilt from over 40 years ago, when I bought tickets for the local panto,and forgot to go! tchblush

(By the way, they are old enough to have grandchildren of their own now, and have got over the disappointment.)

Esther1 Tue 24-Dec-19 08:16:04

We took GC to one in our nearest large town (city) and it was lovely. Loud, glitzy and no rude jokes at all (unless they were lost on me as well). There were no famous names in the cast which I think is unusual for a large town - but who cares. The GC loved it.

PamelaJ1 Tue 24-Dec-19 06:35:36

We went to the Palladium, definitely an adult panto. Brilliant.
I took my grandchild last year but, although it was spectacular, it wasn’t directed at children so I took him to the local one this year instead.

ninathenana Tue 24-Dec-19 06:30:30

I would love to take DGC to a panto but the youngest isn't keen on people dressed up with garish make-up i.e. 'the dame'

BlueBelle Tue 24-Dec-19 00:15:55

I really don’t find pantos very entertaining not my thing at all is was ok when the grandkids were small but would never go now

ginny Mon 23-Dec-19 23:22:31

I went with DGS on Saturday. Lots of slightly risqué jokes but as you say they went over the children’s heads. We all had a lot of fun.

Luckygirl Mon 23-Dec-19 23:03:17

Just been to panto with GC - it was in fact excellent, especially the sets and the costumes - and also no mention of TV "personalities" but a hint of eco hidden therein.

But it also made passing mention of colonic irrigation and pubic hair waxing - never thought I would hear/see those in a panto. Thankfully it washed over the children - I hope! smile