Gransnet forums

Chat

Not everyone has a good time at Christmas

(16 Posts)
BlueBelle Thu 26-Dec-19 12:09:57

I m a bit hesitant about posting this but here goes
If anyone is having a difficult time and wants an empathic ear just send me a pm I don’t want to bring the mood of Gransnet down by making it into a public thread and neither am I expecting stories or details just if anyone feels in need of a hug ....

Welshwife Thu 26-Dec-19 12:15:29

That is a lovely post and offer Bluebell.
We are staying in a hotel with some of the family and there are a number of women here on their own.

Nortsat46 Thu 26-Dec-19 12:16:44

How kind ... I don’t need a hug, but it’s good to know it’s on offer ...
Sending a (virtual) hug and a bouquet back to you BlueBelle ?

Urmstongran Thu 26-Dec-19 12:18:42

I think that’s a very kind and thoughtful thing to do BlueBelle (In a good way) I hope you don’t get too much response.

I hope you are alright in yourself. Christmas can indeed be a difficult time for some.

hulahoop Thu 26-Dec-19 12:21:52

Lovely post bluebell ?

JenniferEccles Thu 26-Dec-19 12:36:20

That’s a really kind friendly offer and I’m sure some will be in need of a sympathetic ear.

Sadly lots of folk struggle at this time of year.

Ariana Thu 26-Dec-19 12:38:33

Thank you so much, this Christmas has been difficult for me.

bingo12 Thu 26-Dec-19 12:42:38

That is very kind of you but don't let other people's woes get you down. One can have an horrendous Xmas even with one's ''nearest and dearest''! Cruise next year anyone?

dragonfly46 Thu 26-Dec-19 12:44:29

You are very kind Bluebelle. I hope you are not feeling too low yourself but in case you are sending you a virtual hug.

TwiceAsNice Thu 26-Dec-19 12:49:17

A very kind offer Bluebell. Thanks for thinking of it. I am fine thank you and I hope you have had a pleasant time yourself .

BlueBelle Thu 26-Dec-19 13:45:07

No, other people’s woes won’t get me down bingo having a bit of a downer myself and just thought sometimes hearing about everyone having a brilliant time is tough
I was thinking of others on here who may be finding it difficult but at the same time I guess I was selfishly thinking of me too
Xx

vinasol Thu 26-Dec-19 13:48:18

That's the thing. Christmas isn't a happy time for everyone and we need to bear that in mind.

My youngest son went to the pub last night with friends and a drunk man came in and asked if they had any rooms left (it's an Inn.) His wife had thrown him out and he had nowhere to stay. Of course we don't know all the story but how sad.

Sara65 Thu 26-Dec-19 15:04:17

We are lucky, lots of family around, and spent yesterday with good friends, but I’m a bit of a neat freak and the mess and chaos is hard for me to ignore!

Sorry all, I know it’s trivial, but the urge to clear up is overwhelming.

BlueBelle Thu 26-Dec-19 15:35:21

To the person who sent me a pm at 2.05pm I can’t answer I m not sure if you’ve used a different name or email address or something but it’s blocking me from sending an answer back to you
I didn’t want you to think I didn’t care x

ladymuck Thu 26-Dec-19 16:00:44

Nice of you, Bluebelle. I'm sure there are many who appreciate the thought even if they don't take up your offer.

Namsnanny Thu 26-Dec-19 16:14:33

Just read your post bluebell so very thoughtful. Can I make you the same offer?
Christmas is such a dichotomy!
I think you are echoing my sentiments
Thank you so much for putting this on gn!!
Sending you love and virtual hugstchsmile