Gransnet forums

Chat

I’ve treated myself to a present!

(86 Posts)
Ohmother Thu 26-Dec-19 17:14:25

I’ve just ordered an water jet interdental cleaner! I’m so excited as I didn’t get one for Christmas. What’s the gift you would buy yourself? (Beside sentimental family time stuff)

granbabies123 Sat 28-Dec-19 17:14:11

A pom pom maker from amazon After buying granddaughter one and looking up all the lovely things you can make with them.

Emerald888 Sat 28-Dec-19 17:39:06

I bought the first three mentioned items as presents! Dental jet device and bamboo pillow for my son. New iPad kindle fire for DH. Annoyingly it jumped up £30 after black friday/ cyber monday. Lesson learnt there.
May buy a family photo calendar. So nice turning the page!

HillyN Sat 28-Dec-19 18:59:06

We treated ourselves to a new set of crockery just before Christmas so we could have it to use when family came round.

seacliff Sat 28-Dec-19 20:16:41

I've ordered a couple of Moorish design scarves from One Hundred Stars, a bargain in their sale.

Next thing on my list is rather more expensive, a new pocket sprung mattress for my bed. I hope I may get some discount.

GElliott Sat 28-Dec-19 20:53:19

How is it? Does it work better than other stylers/ hairdryers ?

Juno56 Sat 28-Dec-19 21:08:38

I'm buying myself some perfume, 'Lou Lou'. It isn't very expensive, a small bottle of eau de parfam costs about £15 but despite my hints nobody bought it for me sad.

GinJeannie Sat 28-Dec-19 21:28:58

My new specs, prescribed after the annual optician’s visit yesterday, will be my ‘belated’ present to myself, but at £400 are definitely coming out of Our Joint Account! No ifs or buts! Needs must!

GagaJo Sat 28-Dec-19 22:04:26

I don't really regard them as presents, but have bought new work shoes, a dress, various other clothing items and a warm coat. ONLY because I'm going overseas to work and need warm clothes. And I need a new pair of shoes for work. Boring spending really. Nothing nice.

Daddima Sat 28-Dec-19 22:18:12

phoebes are you turning into Shirley Valentine?

Slightly off topic, my very generous granddogs gave me a £100 Amazon voucher, instead of the customary Euro when the Bodach was able to Christmas in the Canaries. I decided that rather than fritter it away on wee things, I’d buy a single item that I’d never usually buy. £70 for a Jo Malone scented candle? £50 for some ‘ miracle’ skincare product? I just couldn’t do it, so it looks like I’ll be frittering!

BlueSapphire Sat 28-Dec-19 22:25:10

DH always bought me jewellery for Christmas, so I went to the same jewellers and bought myself a pair of pearl stud ear-rings, and pretended they were from him. I am too scared to wear the diamond studs he bought me a few years ago in case I lose one!

HiPpyChick57 Sat 28-Dec-19 23:07:40

I’m going to save up to buy myself a 60 inch television. It’s going to take a while but I’m fed up of squinting at my current 40 inch one to see any sort of writing and subtitles and even people’s faces.

yattypung Sun 29-Dec-19 02:14:22

Billy Connolly,s new book. Only read the first few pages and was in hysterics

bookaddict Sun 29-Dec-19 03:08:49

Three e.books to enjoy again having lost them 'cos of a glitch with my Kindle. Lora Adams' "The Belle Fields" and its sequel "Ashes of Roses" and a novelty book "Say Kangaroo" - a poetry book by Five Sisters. Would recommend all three if you have the time to sit and be transported away from the humdrum!

Grandma2213 Sun 29-Dec-19 03:09:53

A new duvet in the sale. I thought I was feeling colder because of my age but looking at the old duvet it was very thin and I must have had it about 14 years!

Annali Sun 29-Dec-19 05:24:38

Booking myself into day spa!

Bluegrass Sun 29-Dec-19 09:26:55

Just love all these posts - hearing how you all treat yourself is fun. We should do it more often and not feel at all guilty...????

Ohmother Sun 29-Dec-19 10:00:49

I do it throughout the year but there’s something about it being post Christmas that gives me that tingle. ?

busyb Sun 29-Dec-19 10:19:04

I felt no guilt in ordering myself a craft kit and a book in December. Neither item was very expensive but I had requested them from DH when asked for my recent birthday and didn't get either. These and a spare box of chocolates are my reward to myself now my visitors have gone home. I resisted the temptation to open either parcel and will be indulging myself today, even though I ordered them I am very excited.

Daddima Sun 29-Dec-19 10:21:26

yattypung, what is the name of Billy’s new book? The only one I can see on Amazon is ‘Tall Tales and Wee Stories’, but it says it won’t be released till January 2020.

icanhandthemback Sun 29-Dec-19 13:42:19

I went shopping in the Pandora Sale!

Ohmother Sun 29-Dec-19 17:39:20

What did you buy in the Pandora sale?

Happilyretired123 Sun 29-Dec-19 23:45:09

A Shark hoover-DD says hers is brilliant. It a late Christmas present for DH really!

Marmight Mon 30-Dec-19 00:00:22

I had new specs just before Christmas: lovely turquoise ones but I consider them essential. So, I have ordered a set of 36 metallic acrylic paints from Artezia in their sale and a subscription to Artists & Illustrators magazine , also in a ‘sale’. We only had one present at Christmas in Secret Santa so I don't feel too guilty .....well, only just a wee bit

Ohmother Mon 30-Dec-19 04:10:55

You’ll love the Shark hoover! I thought the AirRam K9 was the bees knees until I got Shark Liftaway.

craftyone Mon 30-Dec-19 06:56:54

Knitting yarn from JL. Really good quality, blue faced leicester/alpaca mix. I cleaned JL out and bought enough for 5 items in their sale. I also bought the rowan book elsewhere and will be able to use every scrap of wool

I may well buy a fitbit or similar for my birthday, no cc right now as I had a fraudulent transaction and the cc was cancelled. Ohmother I bought a shark cordless via qvc several months ago. Its even better than my miele and much more convenient