Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Fri 27-Dec-19 06:16:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Nice short break in Market Drayton at my sisters , did usual things at xmas.
Now back to normal in a way as its between Xmas and New Year, so some places will be open and some will not.
Mick

Anniebach Fri 27-Dec-19 08:59:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Fri 27-Dec-19 09:18:48

Happy Birthday Grandad1943!! ?

It’s good to see you on this morning thread. Hope you have a lovely day.

Mommawolf Fri 27-Dec-19 09:22:32

Good morning all I am new to grans net but have been following your posts for a few weeks my DD suggested signing up. Wishing you all a good day.

NannyJan53 Fri 27-Dec-19 09:26:18

Welcome Mommawolf you will find everyone is very friendly on this good morning thread.

Happy birthday to Grandad1943 have a lovely day flowers

Harris27 Fri 27-Dec-19 09:37:31

Morning all.minkniw it’s Friday but I’m getting the usual Christmas mix up days! Had the who,e family over yesterday and I’m glad it’s over! Love seeing them but so glad when I can put my feet up afterwards! We all had a great day but the noise gets to me after living quite quiet,y most if the time but honestly wouldn’t have it any other way!quiet Friday planned cleaning up after yesterday and catch up,on some telly!

theretheredear Fri 27-Dec-19 09:55:14

Good morning all, from a dry & grey Yorkshire... Not quite up yet, tea & gransnet in bed. Dog walk & a shop later. Quiet day & don't go back to work until the 6th.tchgrin

vena11 Fri 27-Dec-19 10:04:09

Good Morning all, wet and miserable again in Bristol.
Today its feet up time.
Welcome to all who are new and happy birthday to Grandad1943
Dragonfly hope all goes ok today thinking of you.
Gullybob I hope you have a better night tonight and look after yourself.
All feeling under the weather flowers
Enjoy the day everyone.

Auntieflo Fri 27-Dec-19 10:14:00

Good morning Michael, Annie*, and all.
The pavements are wet, but it isn't raining, yet.
We slept in this morning, and so my cuppa didn't arrive until after 9.00.
Had a lovely lazy day yesterday and really enjoyed it, reading, watching TV and a bit of crocheting. Bubble and squeak for dinner, and finished up the small turkey breast.
DH is volunteering this afternoon, if he feels up to it, but I think he will go.
I quite fancy a trip to the shops, just to look and see what I don't want, but not sure if I can summon up the energy to actually go.
Looking forward to seeing family on Sunday.
Glad to hear from Gillybob, but sorry that Mr G, is having disturbed nights.
To Dragonfly, best wishes for your treatment, and to all others with ailments to deal with, get well soonest.
Marydoll, you will be in the Dr's bad books, if you don't get your bloods done.
Have a good day one and all.

Marydoll Fri 27-Dec-19 10:22:16

Auntieflo, I am being a good girl and I am sitting in docs and it's so empty!
If only I needed an appointment! ?
Happy birthday Grandad, have a lovely day! Welcome, Mommawolf .

Auntieflo Fri 27-Dec-19 10:28:29

? Marydoll. ?

Megs36 Fri 27-Dec-19 10:33:39

All over bar the shouting as my father used to say. Had a lovely family Christmas with half the family, New Years to come with other half, so lucky despite various health and ‘old age’ things.
Must remember that there is always someone worse off. Hope everyone at home and abroad is safe.??

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Dec-19 10:35:16

Good morning all,

Another grey, dismal looking morning, though it feels slightly warmer. I really dislike these kind of days when it never seems to get light.

Will go for a run out shortly once a package DH ordered yesterday arrives - we are 9th on the list, apparently!
Had a very lazy day yesterday doing nothing very much at all, but if I don't get out somewhere today, I'll start to get cabin fever!! ? It must definitely will not be going to the shops though.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Legs55 Fri 27-Dec-19 10:41:13

Good morning all from a grey & uninspiring Devon, at least it's not pouring with rain & a howling gale like yesterday. Started to take some of my Christmas decorations down, house is upside down waiting for my leaky roof to be repairedhmm. Christmas tree will stay up until 2nd January, nice to have lights on in the evening.

Wishing all those with health problems or family in poor health some relief/recoveryflowers, my shoulder is complaining after I painted my hallway before Christmas, not my best planconfused.

Oh well back to packing Christmas stuff awaytchgrin

ScotinOz Fri 27-Dec-19 10:41:31

Good evening from Sydney. It has been a hot day today, with no rain!

It is my birthday today as well grandad1943

I had a lovely day. Had lunch with a group of friends...lots of laughter and chat, then a BBQ at home with DD and DGS and DGD.

We adopted/rescued our foster puppy today so that was a lovely present for me ?

Photo of the puppy and DGS

Take care everyone

ann678tifney Fri 27-Dec-19 10:51:07

Good morning everyone. Had a lovely christmas morning with all my family for breakfast, unfortunately my husband started with an abscess on his tooth Christmas eve, after bad nights sleep it got worse as christmas day went one and we eventually ended up at an emergency dental practice at teatime. He is on antibiotics now and hopefully on the mend. This morning was a trip to hospital for his heart monitor to be put on for 24 hours, so this has been an eventful christmas. Gillybob glad you managed to have some sort of Christmas, and I really hope that things keep improving for you in the New Year.

henetha Fri 27-Dec-19 11:05:25

Dull but dry in south Devon today. My grandaughter is going back to Ireland today. It's been wonderful having her here.
I'm sad now, but will soon adjust again.
Hoping all GN's have a happy day.

EllanVannin Fri 27-Dec-19 11:06:24

Good Morning All x.
Dull outside but not raining as yet though the sky doesn't look so promising but at least there's no snow/ice or freezing cold winds.

The time has gone so quickly with Step-D being here and we've had plenty of laughs. In fact I'll have to apologise to the chap upstairs in case we've been a bit too raucous at times, as you rarely hear him at all. However it's only a one-off.

No cooking as such today, a prawn salad for later----just the potato salad to make which won't take long and the mayonnaise too so no exertion.
I've lost track of the days and nearly forgot to put the bins out last night for the normal emptying today, but they've been and ready for another filling smile

Hope all goes well for Dragonfly today and I bet Gillybob is glad to see daylight after disturbed nights, poor Mr G. The sooner he gets properly sorted out the better xx. Christmas seems to be so long and drawn-out when illness strikes before you can get back to normality with the various services.

D calling in today ( to eat ) after her car goes in for its MOT as it's due tomorrow but with her working it's been difficult to get time off of late, so she's hoping for a clean bill of health for it.

Safe journey's to all on the move, and Marydoll behave yourself and nevermind joining the onslaught for the sales smile

conor Fri 27-Dec-19 11:06:41

Good morning from a grey Essex. Still in Pj's after yesterday's cooking marathon. Started at 9am in the morning as a I like my Xmas table to look lovely and coordinated with so many lights you could see it from outer space! Was very pleased with the result. Turkey was delicious but I don't always enjoy it when I host as always bobbing up and down to make sure everyone has enough. DS and DDin law both fell asleep afterwards and we were left to entertain the DGSs with lots of silly games but so much fun!
So all cooking stress over for this year. Now where is the Quality Street? ??Xxx

dragonfly46 Fri 27-Dec-19 11:12:34

Happy Birthday to Grandad and scotinoz.

Thank you to all who wished me well today, I really appreciate it. I am presently, like marydoll sitting in the waiting room and it is eerily quiet.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-Dec-19 12:23:48

Goodmorning Mick, glad you had a good Christmas with your sister.

Goodmorning, or should I say afternoon to all xx

Woke up to a grey overcast day here in SE Essex, whilst drinking my tea in bed I felt the beginning of a migraine, so immediately took sumatriptan which makes me feel horribly achy and discombobulated, but eases the pain. So taking things easy till we go out to dinner with very pregnant daughter (15 days to go) and her partner this evening.

Happy Birthday Grandad1943 nice to see you on this thread.

Dragonfly46 wishing you well for your treatment today.

Marydoll I hope you are up and out soon, in the meantime look at the sales on line, I managed to get a half price handbag yesterday (designer) that I have coveted since March, so pleased I waited for once.

Gillybob sorry to hear your DH is still in pain, how is your face and tooth?

To all others who are feeling poorly I wish you well soon.

Summerfly Fri 27-Dec-19 13:46:37

Back home after a lovely Christmas with DD and DGCx2. Relaxing day today and simple food! I’ve scoffed far too many goodies over the last couple of days.
My thoughts are with you Dragonfly, Marydoll, Gillybobs and anyone feeling poorly. You’re all so brave.
Happy birthday to you Granddad and welcome to this lovely thread Mommawolf.

Sprout Fri 27-Dec-19 15:04:48

Hi everyone hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. It goes so quickly. Had lovely Christmas with my new family but missed my daughter and grand children as always spent the Christmas period with them. My daughter had the flu so unable to visit but we will make up for it later. Take care everyone.

Lins1066 Fri 27-Dec-19 16:25:30

Lovely photo o f the puppy and your grandson ScotinOz, cherish them both.