Gransnet forums

Chat

Who is hosting Gransnet’s New Year’s Party ?

(70 Posts)
Gemini1789 Fri 27-Dec-19 21:03:39

Will it be the “ crazies “ ( mentioned with affection ! ) carrying on from the Christmas Ball ? I think Lemongrove Towers is almost completely trashed . But I could be wrong. I was hoping for an invitation and maybe buy a frock in the sales.
Does anyone know the venue and dress code ?

Scribbles Thu 02-Jan-20 00:07:55

At last! It's taken all day but i finally found late uncle Toby asleep in the cat's bed. While he gets himself together for the homeward trip, I'll put my tickling stick to good use with a little light dusting.
Great party and lovely to meet you all.
A bientôt !

Doodle Wed 01-Jan-20 21:11:23

I suppose it’s only fair to lend a hand. It was a good party ? ?.
I’ve brought my ? to mend the broken doors, my glue to fix the smashed vases ?? a sponge ? to wash the unmentionable off the walls ? and ? my teddy to keep me company ?

lemongrove Wed 01-Jan-20 19:45:22

I will return with my mop Gemini and Lord L wants to apologise to Lord G for the light sabre duel.
Same time next year??

Gemini1789 Wed 01-Jan-20 19:35:22

Where have you all gone ? Someone put C de M in my best malt and knocked me out .
Thanks for coming, all. Hope you had a good time. The big clean up begins . ???

Scribbles Wed 01-Jan-20 11:46:48

Sorry, all. I fell down the ha-ha and knocked myself out. When I came to, it was cold and dark and the party seemed to be over so you never got to hear me sing (lucky people). I'll just go and find late uncle Toby and we'll go home. Thanks for the party, Gemini. Hope there isn't too much damage.

Callistemon Wed 01-Jan-20 00:38:10

Hello??? What a load of party poopers

I'm off to find another party.

Callistemon Wed 01-Jan-20 00:36:55

Scribbles just a quick duet then, or how about Three Little Maids from School, perhaps Gemini will join us.

Callistemon Wed 01-Jan-20 00:33:13

Nessun Dorma now Gemini, as none will be able to sleep if I carry on singing.

Oops, just fell off my Louboutins into the shrubbery, still singing la la la I dreamed a dream la la la

'Time to Say Goodnight'
Happy New Year to you all

moon

Scribbles Tue 31-Dec-19 23:48:54

Doodle, we've been diddled! I made my way through the secret passage to the strong room but there's no need for your light sabre. Someone got there ahead of us and the door was hanging off its hinges and the rare and ancient malts are all gone!! Just some dusty marks on the floor where the cases used to be.

A Limoges gazunder, huh? That's very classy, Gemini. We'll just need to make sure late Uncle Toby doesn't fall in and drown.

Sorry the Lemons have had to go home but maybe the Molly Maids will have had time to clean up Lemongrove hall by the time they get there.

Do you fancy a duet, Calli? Maybe something from Gilbert & Sullivan or the Merry Widow? Better make sure all the good glassware is put away first though as my top notes have been known to shatter Waterford decanters.

Oh, oh. I hear bagpipes! It's nearly next year! Everybody in a conga line now.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.

Gemini1789 Tue 31-Dec-19 22:54:09

Wonderful , Calli . You have the voice of an angel. What’s it to be this time ?

Gemini1789 Tue 31-Dec-19 22:53:10

The East Wing has comfy beds for anyone who has overindulged , been zapped by a light sabre or is following Pittcity’s recommendations . Early birds can bag one with a four poster , chandelier and mirrored ceiling. The Scribbleses (!) will have to have a Limoges gazunder . By the time they finish partying all the en suites will have been taken.

Callistemon Tue 31-Dec-19 22:38:48

So soon, Ladylemon?

I've just woken up, raring to go and wanting to take centre stage and sing to you all!

Doodle Tue 31-Dec-19 22:02:51

Hiding behind your ornamental hedge again lemon. Isn’t it time you had your topiary trimmed and shaped? ?
Happy New Year all pass the bubbly ??????

lemongrove Tue 31-Dec-19 21:08:21

Oh heck! unfortunately Lord L and my good self have to leave the party early... talking of full cups ( no, not my bosoms) poor Lord L has been injured.
He was drunk (as usual) and he and Lord G got into a fight, Gemini was half drowned in the fountain trying to separate them ( I hid behind the ornamental hedge)!
Anyway bruises and black eyes were given and both men retired hurt but with honour restored.I have to drive Lord L home now before he does any more damage.
So.....to all at our lovely party, wishing you an early Happy New Year and many wonderful times ahead....hic.???

Scribbles Tue 31-Dec-19 19:51:03

If you keep your cup any more than half full, Pittcity, it gets difficult not to spill it while keeping up with your 89 times quota. ☺

Pittcity Tue 31-Dec-19 19:17:59

My new year's resolution is to be more optimistic by keeping my cup half-full with either rum, gin, vodka or whiskey.

Pittcity Tue 31-Dec-19 19:12:45

Statistics show that the average person has sex 89 times a year. Tonight is going to be a great!

Scribbles Tue 31-Dec-19 19:01:06

•Gemini•, tell Gloria to be a bit discreet. When I developed a pash on Lord L, •Lemon• threatened me with a shotgun. We wouldn't want to start the new year with a tragedy, would we?

Doodle Tue 31-Dec-19 18:38:14

Excuse me geminil but my light sabre is a treasured possession and I certainly won’t be putting it anywhere Mr G’s haha or any other part of his anatomy ?. Perish the thought.
scribbles as you are aware, my light sabre will shrink down to nothing when not in use so I should be able to smuggle it past security and get into the strong room. Meet you there later. Nod, nod, wink, wink ?

Gemini1789 Tue 31-Dec-19 17:39:29

We’re all ready , Lemon. Drawbridge lowered . Watch your piercings on the scanner .
My friend Gloria is on her own tonight. She’s got a bit of a thing for Lord L . You don’t mind sharing him do you ? Would it be a good match do you think ? Gloria is 7 ft tall in her Jimmy Choos with purple hair down to her waist.

lemongrove Tue 31-Dec-19 15:30:18

We shall be setting off in an hour for Gemini Hall, being where it is in deepest Somethingshire and the fact that Lord L doesn’t care to go above 20 mph.
See you later! ??

lemongrove Tue 31-Dec-19 15:27:54

I used to have a pair of Louboutins .... they are brown and white French gun dogs aren’t they??

Callistemon Tue 31-Dec-19 14:49:47

I'm going to put my feet up for a while

These Louboutins have given me corns and blisters, perhaps I'll be woke and wear my trainers with my ballgown after all.

Scribbles Tue 31-Dec-19 12:59:44

I've put the postcode into the Bentley's satnav. I see the surprise guest won't have far to travel!

Scribbles Tue 31-Dec-19 12:56:34

Doodle, I was hoping your light sabre might help us break into the strong room where Mr Gemini is reputed to keep the rare 100 year old single malt whisky. But if you aren't allowed to bring it indoors then I guess it just needs to be kept handy in case the special guest does any posing on the doorstep with his arm around anyone unsuitable.tchshock

Off now to call the bird sanctuary and ask if they'll lend me a flamingo.