Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Sat 28-Dec-19 06:31:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cark, and wet here in Brackley this morning.
Trying to get back into my regular routine , with the buses.
Will do Bicester and Buckingham today , but do expect to see crowds like a week a go.
Usual café stops , minus the Flea market in Buckingham, which reappears in a few weeks time.
Mick

Mommawolf Sat 28-Dec-19 18:59:01

URMSTONGRAM ,hello yes I am new to this. Posting from the wilds of norfolk. Thank you all for the welcome.

Summerfly Sat 28-Dec-19 15:52:58

Thank you Urmstongran for pointing me in the direction of Anniebach. I’ll certainly have a look. I’m seeing my doctor regularly at the moment and it does help.
Have a good day.... (what’s left of it) and thanks for your kindness. ?

EllanVannin Sat 28-Dec-19 10:40:05

Just reading posts in between mine. I see I wasn't on my own with a crummy night, I'm so sorry to hear so many whose nights are disturbed, nightimes are chronic when you're not feeling good, especially if you're on your own sad

Gillybob, I wouldn't worry about losing that tooth, there are all kinds of things they can do now to match your own. So what if it's on a plate or something ? Anything's better than pain.
I can't believe Mr G has been left when that procedure should have been done, I'd have kicked up a stink like I used to do when my late H used to go in periodically for different procedures. I feel for you.x

conor Sat 28-Dec-19 10:38:43

Good morning from a very grey Essex. Had a lovely PJ day yesterday with DD. We caught up with all the Xmas soaps(how depressing!!) and ate, drank and was definitely merry by bedtime. DD going to Ireland today so after I drop her off for the airport bus I might get my salefix. Marydoll I can't leave it all for you! Then a lovely quiet weekend after all the festivities. May go to see 'Little Women' tomorrow. Hope Gillybobs get the treatment so badly needed and everyone on this lovely thread has the best day they canxxxx?

Urmstongran Sat 28-Dec-19 10:26:54

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry and SUNNY!

No plans at all today. A relaxing day is planned. Just stripped the bed and it’s in the washer. That be out it for exertion today!

We might drive over to see my father this afternoon. He’ll be hoping I’ll have wee dram with him but after my bug over Christmas I think I’ll stick to soft drinks for a while.

Get the weekend over gillybob best way you can then ring that hospital Monday morning for your husband. This situation is untenable now. And then ring the dentist and get that tooth pulled. Sod what you look like it’s more important to be pain free.

Hello to you Mommawolf are you a newbie? If so, where are you posting from? We like to know you know! ?

Summerfly I’m sorry you are struggling. Have you seen your doctor? Help is out there, plus Anniebach runs a supportive thread for those overwhelmed with low mood and depression. It’s called the ‘Black Dog Gang’ and you might find it supportive if you join? Best wishes anyway. x

Hope Saturday is kind to us all whether we have plans or, like me, none. x

EllanVannin Sat 28-Dec-19 10:17:45

Good Morning All x
A lovely sunny and bright start to the day so I've got the washing on-----living in hope of it getting dry.

Step-daughter went home late yesterday afternoon and I've missed her so far and she herself was upset when she went, the time's flown by but it's been great.
We were so full after our dinners that we didn't want much else so there's a pile of food in the 'fridge that I'll have to send to my GD and her brood via D later on.

Had a bloomin' A/F episode as soon as I got into bed last night so that kept me awake and what I did was to get up at 01.45 and decided to have a strip-wash to see if it would settle. I would have had a tepid shower but for disturbing the chap upstairs but anyway the heart wasn't thumping as much and I went back to bed, drifting in and out of sleep. However I must have dozed off because I woke up at 08-30 ----drained.

I do have a GP appointment first thing Monday morning since being hospitalised last week so I'll be telling the GP that I'm sick of it and the sudden frequency of these " episodes " as they're debilitating. I really feel for anyone going through this, it's 'orrible.

Anyway, must get dressed as I need more milk, hadn't realised the usage for custard ( trifle ) and the bread pudding besides all the cups of tea and milky coffee.

Hope everyone has settled into normality for the time being until the next splurge for New Year next week, you can take a breather over the weekend.
Thinking of those who are not so hot, take it easy and that goes for you Marydoll, Dragonfly try and rest after your ordeal too.

Hoping the Gillybobs aren't too bad today and that they had a better night. xx

Take care everyone.

TillyWhiz Sat 28-Dec-19 10:07:45

Good morning from Sweden where I flew to be with my GCs on my first Chistmas without DH. The weather has been grey but surprisingly mild and no snow. Today we are in recovery after all 5 of us were struck by Norovirus yesterday - thank goodness they have 2 bathrooms! Apart from that it has been such fun.

Harris27 Sat 28-Dec-19 10:02:15

Just read your post gillybob thinking of you and watch for your posts. I do hope you both get the care you deserve. X

Harris27 Sat 28-Dec-19 09:59:58

Morning all I’m so mixed up with the days! Hubby hasn’t had much time off so it’s still been nice being off work. We are going out this evening just for a quiet meal and some time together, hope you are all healthy and enjoying the break.

gillybob Sat 28-Dec-19 09:55:35

Oh thank you Dragonfly.

DH saw the consultant just 2 weeks ago and he knows he is desperate for the op (well 2 actually) one to laser the enlarged prostate and one to remove a massive bladder stone which is almost filling his bladder. Under “normal” circumstances this could have been done but anaesthetist not happy at putting him under any kind of anaesthetic or even sedation yet.

The most annoying thing is that this should have been done months and months ago.

dragonfly46 Sat 28-Dec-19 09:42:07

Gilly I am astonished that after all your DH has been through they are not sorting out his pain. This is how he was before he had his op. Surely they are not going to let it happen again. I would certainly ring his consultants secretary on Monday. Is he even aware of all that has happened.
Sending you both hugs and flowers

gillybob Sat 28-Dec-19 09:35:08

Good morning from a relatively mild North East coast.

Nothing positive to post this morning sadly , just more of the same. Sleepless nights, DH in much pain and my bl**dy tooth off again. The student dentist at the hospital said he would give it a few days and he was pretty much spot on. Will probably make arrangements to have it out as soon as my dentist reopens . In the meantime I will continue with the antibiotics and ibruprofen .

Not sure what I will do without a front tooth but it’s not as though I am a great beauty anyway .

So sorry to hear you ended up overstaying after your treatment dragonfly . This used to happen to my mum regularly when she was on dialysis. All done but no one available to take her off the machine. Hope you manage to rest today.

It’s my DGS’s 10th. birthday on Monday so will have to try and either get out to find something for him or order something on line (otherwise it will be money again) . Hate leaving DH on his own for any length of time .

Decided to delete the rest of my post..... sorry.

Have a good Saturday everyone .

Love Gillybob xx

Summerfly Sat 28-Dec-19 09:32:22

Good morning from Cumbria. Feels warmer and it’s dry so a good walk with my dog today.
Had a bad night. Sleep just wouldn’t come! My depression is starting to take hold again and It’s a real struggle to try and pull myself out of it especially in the wee small hours.
I’ve plenty to do though so I’ll keep myself busy!
Hope you all have a good Saturday and safe journey to those who are travelling.

Susan56 Sat 28-Dec-19 09:25:18

Good morning from Shropshire.
Well I caught DH’s flu bug and haven’t left my bed since Christmas Day.Missed seeing our youngest daughter and family as we were too ill and didn’t want them catching the bug.Oh well,we will try to have Christmas sometime next week.
Sending good wishes to all.

Ginny42 Sat 28-Dec-19 09:23:52

Good morning Mick and everyone. we have a blue sky in Cheshire with some high clouds. Feeling drowsy after watching two films back to back last night which is unheard of for me, but my DD and I laughed so much it was worth it.

Out shopping today then meeting friends with children the same age as my DGS. It will either be at a National Trust venue or an activity centre with trampolines.

Safe journey to all travellers and best wishes to all needing a hug.

vena11 Sat 28-Dec-19 09:23:51

Good morning from a dry bright Bristol. Its dry grin
I hope to have a nice long walk this morning before the DGS1 and DGD arrive for a sleep over, their mum and dad going out for the night, I don't suppose I will get much sleep tonight again, DH cough is not getting any better, two weeks and still it goes on, not his fault I know but he seems to sleep through some of it but not I.
I hope everyone has a good day and take care all.

Pantglas2 Sat 28-Dec-19 09:07:51

Morning all from a dry and pleasantly warm north Wales - it was lovely trotting to the paper shop without a coat!

Hope you have a restful day dragonfly46 after your exertions yesterday and a restless night. Hope everyone takes things easier now that Christmas is done and dusted for another year - I’m sure we all do far too much - every year seems more manic than the last one!

I’m having a quiet weekend doing nothing - lots and lots of nothing!

Sar53 Sat 28-Dec-19 09:06:57

Good morning everyone from a grey Essex by the sea. We are off to the supermarket shortly to do a small shop and then to pick up dry cleaning. Nothing else planned for today. I had a very bad night, been up since 4.
Tomorrow we are off to Kent to DD2, SIL and two DGD'S. This will be our Christmas day with them. My youngest DGD will be 2 next Saturday so I have a card with some money in to leave for her. As her birthday is so close to Christmas, and at 2 she doesn't really understand, my daughter buys her something in the summer when she can play in the garden.
I hope you all have a peaceful Saturday.

Yiayia4 Sat 28-Dec-19 09:05:08

Morning all very grey in Surrey.
Started the dreaded cold so will have a quiet day,may start taking the decs down,although like Marydoll the vouchers I had for Christmas are burning a hole!

Healing thoughts to Gillybob Dragonfly and Marydoll and anyone else unwell.Have a good Saturday.

BlueSapphire Sat 28-Dec-19 09:03:15

Good morning all from Northampton where it is dull and damp, but not actually raining.
Didn't do a lot yesterday, just popped out to Sainsbury's after lunch, then home and back to the warm.
Must wrap up this afternoon as it is a rugby day - likely to be a tricky match against Gloucester. DGD is coming for the first time, so hope she enjoys it.
mancgirl, that happened to me a few years ago - the turkey was off when I opened the wrapper. Luckily I too had a piece of beef in the fridge, and DFil was very pleased as he was not a great fan of turkey. The supermarket replaced the turkey and also gave me a refund!
Best wishes to all for a good day.

Lins1066 Sat 28-Dec-19 08:56:11

Good morning from a dry South Welsh coast, a little brighter weather wise too.
Safe journey to all those who are travelling today and over the New Year, especially greyduster.
Hope all who are struggling feel better soon Marydoll, Mr Corner, and dragonfly. I read cookery books as avidly as novels Marydoll.

Anniebach Sat 28-Dec-19 08:56:11

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grammaretto Sat 28-Dec-19 08:49:40

I only knew it was Saturday when I read it here. It's a strange time of year.
Light with a blue streak in the sky in the Scottish Borders.
It's so mild I may have to sit outside and have my coffee.
The hospital incident wait sounds bad Dragonfly but I am glad I'm not a nurse. I would drop things.
My DS and her DH decided not to come for Hogmanay as she's still poorly so we are a bit lonely.
Hope everything has a good day.

Mommawolf Sat 28-Dec-19 08:48:36

Good mornings all, it's grey and damp here with not a breath of wind. Just back from dog walk now watching birds arriving for their breakfast. Not a bird in sight until food goes out then they descend like a horror movie. Quiet day planned taking down decorations. Safe journey all who are travelling.

Nannytopsy Sat 28-Dec-19 08:47:38

Good morning Mick and all his followers! Grey here in Suffolk too. DD &SiL arrived back in the early hours, complete with a Spanish cough & cold. I expect we shall have it by New Year!
So far I have made bread, celery soup and smoked mackerel pate. Desserts next I think, then sausage rolls. Can you see my halo? I was up at 7!
?