Gransnet forums

Chat

What to do on a Saturday morning

(22 Posts)
Willow10 Tue 31-Dec-19 12:21:03

Some lovely replies on here - thank you! You are all welcome to join me on my walk - coffee is on me! grin

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 29-Dec-19 15:29:34

I'd like to go for a little drive, then get the shopping done - not much of an ambition, is it? But when I got into my little car this morning the door wouldn't close! Something has gone awry with the mechanism. Thankfully a neighbour came to the rescue with a screwdriver but it'll have to go to the garage on Monday.
Blasted hell and damnation. So I went for a walk instead and could only get a fraction of my usual things as I can't carry heavy bags. In my dreams I have a chauffeur.

Pudding123 Sun 29-Dec-19 15:18:33

It all sounds wonderful perhaps we can all go ,all the talk of delicious food is making me peckish but inreality I am just off for a solitary walk to stop myself go and dip into (and regret) Christmas Chocolate ? again.

helenrowena Sun 29-Dec-19 14:34:29

Ah - daydreaming is essential to get through the winter !

A walk by the beach and a cafe afterwards sounds fab !

annodomini Sun 29-Dec-19 14:27:31

Your dream is my dream, Willow and I too live a long way from a beach nor do I have a dog. I wonder what kind of dog you imagine. Mine is the adorable boxer I used to walk on the beach as a child and teenager. At least I have memories!

Kalu Sun 29-Dec-19 13:00:24

Oh I do like a good daydream Willow but I can’t hang about chatting as our private jet is waiting and I have plans to meet up for lunch with DD2 in Australia. Still haven’t decided whether to stay overnight with her and fly home the following day. Decisions, decisions.?

In the meantime, I will have another honey and lemon in a bid to recover from flu.

DanniRae Sun 29-Dec-19 12:27:56

That really made me chuckle Willow - thank you!

I'm not in London (where I live) at the moment. A special friend has flown me in his private jet to the south of France and we are having lunch at a beach side cafe. Just a simple meal of muscles cooked in white wine and cream with a hint of garlic, artisan bread and a side salad. He has a yacht moored here so we are off for a trip soon..............Oh sorry I must finish this fantasy as the washing machine has finished and I am half way through cleaning the oven but it was wonderful whilst it lasted {grin]

BradfordLass72 Sat 28-Dec-19 21:04:05

Putzing engage in inconsequential or unproductive activity. I'll leave you to look up its original Yiddish roots. smile

I'd love to go for a walk in the woods, my Border Collie at my heels. Throw sticks, pick some wild mushrooms to have with a bacon sandwich and a mug of tea when I get back.

Sadly, I'm stuck in the suburbs with other people's stinky cats and even the sammie can't be realised as the sweet potato sourdough is only good for toast.

I do have bacon though and some free range eggs and I can imagine the faithful Border Collie.

Ellianne Sat 28-Dec-19 19:30:24

Sounds like the reality for everyone is cleaning and ironing!

Nortsat46 Sat 28-Dec-19 18:56:13

Oh ninathenan of course I fancy some company ... I am so grateful that you want to spend time with me, whilst I clean the kitchen ... perhaps you could do the oven?

BBbevan Sat 28-Dec-19 17:53:57

That is an interesting wordCanadianGran Putzing ! . What does it mean?

CanadianGran Sat 28-Dec-19 15:28:35

Great post Willow! Can I come on a beach walk with you?

We live by the ocean, but no beach. We are having a mad wind storm now, with lashing rain. I'm afraid my dog won't poke her head out the door.

Putzing around the house is the plan for me.

grannyactivist Sat 28-Dec-19 14:58:50

Willow10 - that did make me laugh. grin

Like BBbevan I also live by the sea and when all the family return tomorrow we shall be on the beach having a barbecue, with both dogs. But today I am taking advantage of a day's peace to rest up. smile

BBbevan Sat 28-Dec-19 13:43:57

Willow, I can do what you want to do. I live 5mins walk from all those things. But this morning I went into town to the sales. Didn't get much though

felice Sat 28-Dec-19 12:53:47

Meet up with some friends who are having a lovely cocktail lunch, chat and relax.
Fat chance, I will clean up after DGS Chemistry experiments from the set I bought him for Christmas, then brave a Tram, the Metro and a bus to basketball practice.

Daisymae Sat 28-Dec-19 12:07:59

I have actually been for a walk with the dog. Let me tell you that it's extremely muddy out there, away from the beach! And you are expected to let this bouncing, muddy thing back into the house!

ninathenana Sat 28-Dec-19 12:02:30

I could have the walk along the prom. the sea is just across the road but is a grey murky day here.
Nortsat do you fancy some company ?

tanith Sat 28-Dec-19 11:40:51

I’d love to join you Willow a stroll along the beach sounds perfect to me right now. Another cup of tea it is then?

vampirequeen Sat 28-Dec-19 11:19:28

I thought I might take the private jet over to Paris, have a light lunch in a nice restaurant overlooking the Seine, take in a private, after hours tour of the Louvre and return home in time to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Well, I'll do the last bit anyway.

Nortsat46 Sat 28-Dec-19 11:17:08

A swim in our villa’s pool, followed by fresh coffee and a warm croissant on our terrace, whilst gazing at the magnificent Provençal countryside...

... oh dear, I am still in east London ... better clean the kitchen then ...

inkycog Sat 28-Dec-19 11:12:21

I was contemplating a little light shopping, perhaps picking up one or two bargains. Lunch in an Art Gallery where I would (as if by magic) bump into some old school chums. We will discuss handbags and bowel habits, all the while laughing a great deal and showing off our perfect teeth.

Willow10 Sat 28-Dec-19 11:06:44

I was wondering what to do this morning and decided I would like to take the dog for a walk along the beach. Throw sticks, chat to people, pick up shells etc. Then round it off by going to the harbour cafe and sip on a cappuccino whilst watching the boats.
One slight problem .....

I live nowhere near the sea and I don't have a dog.

The ironing it is then. ?