Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(52 Posts)
12Michael Sun 29-Dec-19 06:10:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning , quiet day for me.
Small shop, yesterday in Bicester Sainsburys was the reductions in confectionary side boxes of chocolates reduced massive price wise .
Mick

Abuelana Sun 29-Dec-19 16:53:12

Scotland is balmy 12 degrees and it’s not morning!
Busy shopping day need clothes for a cruise. Then Sunday lunch out, then home to unpack. Now sitting with feet up and a cuppa.

Marydoll Sun 29-Dec-19 12:37:50

Vinasol, I see you are in Renfrewshire, just to let you know there is a Glesca Grannies meet up on 17th January in the Concert Hall Café, if you are keen to meet some local grans.
Nothing fancy, just coffee and cake/light lunch.

www.gransnet.com/forums/meet_ups_where_are_you/1270140-Glasgow-meet-up-Friday-17th-January

All are welcome, we are a friendly bunch.

Mommawolf Sun 29-Dec-19 12:34:37

Hi GILLYBOB just a thought re birthday card. If you pass a garden centre on your travels pop in many stock lovely and unusual cards.

vinasol Sun 29-Dec-19 12:27:43

Good morning all from a pleasant morning in Renfrewshire. It'll be some housework for me today. I've hardly done a thing since Christmas Day!

Hope everyone has a nice day whatever they are up to.

CaroleAnne Sun 29-Dec-19 12:24:50

Welcome to Gransnet Glinda. Hope that you will soon be feeling better. No fun having to clean for others when you are not feeling well.
A very happy new year to you.
Carole

Summerfly Sun 29-Dec-19 12:22:36

A late good morning from (at the moment) a sunny Cumbria.
Had a good dog walk earlier with the DH and had our breakfast out as we usually do on Sunday’s.
Still plenty of work to do on the house but hopefully it will be completed by Spring.
As always my thoughts are with all who are poorly or lonely.
Rest up Marydoll and Dragonfly and hope you’re on the mend Kalu and hope all goes well for you tomorrow Oldgaijin. Take care Gillybob.
Welcome Fiona.

CaroleAnne Sun 29-Dec-19 12:21:26

Welcome to gransnet Fiona. Hope that you find it a helpful site. I enjoy reading other people's opinions and realise that I share some of the same.
A very happy new year to you.
Carole.

Urmstongran Sun 29-Dec-19 11:20:30

Hi to the newbies Fiona (please do tell us each morning where you’re posting from, it adds to the pleasure!) and to Glinda in Gloucestershire!
??

Glinda Sun 29-Dec-19 11:15:36

I have enjoyed a lie-in today from a dry Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire. Unfortunately I still have the lurgy so don't plan on doing much. Must check if I'm at work tomorrow as I clean others houses and not sure if the owners are at home and thus not wanting me under their feet!!
Housework to catch up on and maybe take some decorations down.
Hope everyone has a great day.
It took me a while to work out what day it actually was ?

Nortsat46 Sun 29-Dec-19 11:06:14

Popped back in to wish dragonfly a restful day and offer good wishes on the completion of a section of chemo ?

dragonfly46 Sun 29-Dec-19 10:38:23

Welcome Fiona you will find a list of Acronyms at the top of the page.

Kalu Sun 29-Dec-19 10:37:30

Good morning all from a slightly bright but windy Glasgow.

First day out of bed since Christmas eve as, what started off as a scratchy throat, turned into the flu. Sore body, high temp. and hacking cough. No energy even to hold my iPad! That’s when I knew I was in trouble ? Lost my voice too and I’m pretty sure I saw DH sniggering a couple of times ?

So many in the same boat and you have my sympathy with wishes you feel better soon.

Thinking about buying a box of masks ? for this time of year in the hope I can avoid catching anything else.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and best wishes to those with illness and troubles.

moggie Sun 29-Dec-19 10:37:15

Good morning Mick & all from grey, dull Nottingham. Family dinner today.
Thoughts with you Gillybob & your DH.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day. Have a good day everyone.

Fiona57 Sun 29-Dec-19 10:35:43

Good morning everyone, I’m new! Can someone please explain all the abbreviations everyone uses......like dg dd mil etc, I’ve managed to suss some of them out but not all? must be a bit slow on the tech talk me thinks?

DoraMarr Sun 29-Dec-19 10:26:04

Good - late- morning from Birmingham, where it is cloudy but, at the moment, dry. I had a sofa day yesterday feeling a bit under the weather, but feel fine today. I need to do a bit of housework before I meet my friends for coffee, then at some point my brothers are calling in on their way home to East Anglia.
I hope everyone has a good day, including those with illness, or caring for others.

gillybob Sun 29-Dec-19 10:19:42

Sorry to hear you have had another bad night dragonfly . I do hope you manage to “pull yourself around” for your family visit . Hoping the next ones are easier for you . flowers

dragonfly46 Sun 29-Dec-19 10:15:34

Good morning all.
Bit late this morning as the latest chemo seems to have knocked me for six so had a bad night again.
Fortunately or not the next 4 are a different type.
Got to be better for Thursday when my DS, DiL and DGC are coming for a couple of nights.

Hope your scan goes well oldgaijin. It is always an anxious time.

Take care Mary and Gilly.

Chrissielou Sun 29-Dec-19 10:06:17

Grey and mild from rural Oxfordshire, i long to see the sun! Spent a lovely afternoon and evening with my 2 wonderful DSs, 3 GC, DD and DiL. Lots of laughter, good food in front of a roaring fire. Coffee later with eldest GD in town as she couldn't make yesterday's party. Have a good day everyone.

conor Sun 29-Dec-19 10:04:25

Good morning from a brightening Essex. Relaxing day for me today as all the family are away and hanging a 'No Visitors' sign on the front door!! May go to see 'Little Women' later if I can peel myself off the sofa ?
Did manage my sale fix yesterday and bought some things for next Xmas, well they were half price and nice to get ahead! ??
Hope everyone has a good day in these strange 'nodays' between Xmas and New Year xxx

gillybob Sun 29-Dec-19 09:59:32

Good morning from a very mild North East coast .

DH had a very slightly better night last night but still can’t get comfortable due to the bladder pain. He was only up about 5 times. Typically he is sleeping soundly now though .

Going to pick DD and little Evie up late morning as they are coming to spend the afternoon with us. Might take Evie over to see her big cousins later . I am keeping busy which helps to take my mind of this stupid tooth.

Couldn’t find anything locally for DGS’s birthday tomorrow and even the local card shop was filled with rubbish so not even a decent card to put money into. He’s footy mad but got lots of the stuff he wanted from Santa Claus .

I have been enjoying my cup of Yorkshire tea watching the little boy across the back car park sorting all the recycling bins ready for collection today. Bless him he’s only about 8 and wears his high viz jacket with pride lining up all the bins, making sure they face the right way and all the lids are down (or else they won’t take them) . He even puts them all back when they’ve been. I do try and catch him once in a while to thank him (and give him a little something) especially since DH has been poorly it’s a huge help.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday and those feeling poorly, sad or under the weather see some sunshine very soon.

Thank you all for continuing to hold my DH in your thoughts and prayers .

Love Gillybob xx

NannyJan53 Sun 29-Dec-19 09:47:47

Good morning from a dry but grey Black Country.

My DS is 44 today! Still cannot get my head around having children in their 40's.

The baby in our family is 8 Urmston going on 14 smile

No real plans today, just see what happens.

Thoughts with gilly

Urmstongran Sun 29-Dec-19 09:39:02

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry again and Sunday quiet. A blanket of white clouds are totally obscuring the Pennines.

A nice relaxing morning for us then over to mind the almost 3y old granddaughter (I can’t believe the baby of the family is that age ... how did that even happen?) at noon whilst our 7y grandson is taken to a pantomime in Stockport this afternoon.

I shall take her out to our favourite local cafe. Now, will see want to take her favourite dolly in the toy buggy as always or will the new Minnie Mouse scooter from Father Christmas win over? We shall see!

You and I share the same attitude to shopping it seems mythbirt! If I go to the Trafford Centre (I could walk there at a push) an hour and a half is my limit. I go in for what I need, get it and come home - no mooching around the shops for me. My husband is a happy bunny if he joins me!

Yes, you rest up Marydoll these smalls are the love of our lives but it’s full on isn’t it with a 3y old? ‘C’mon grandma come in the playroom - take your coat off!’

Rest up too dragonfly after your chemo yesterday. Halfway there. Next session you’ve psychologically turned a corner.

Put your feet up to Maw with Hattie and enjoy a leisurely day. Maybe out with Hattie for a quiet stroll as it’s not raining and reflect on the happy time you have enjoyed with your family. The second Christmas without your dear Paw can’t have been easy for you at times. These are for you ? - pop them in water when you have a minute.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. Thinking too of the gillybobs who are having such an uphill struggle. Monday tomorrow gillybob - make those phone calls lady. x

oldgaijin Sun 29-Dec-19 09:38:35

Good morning from an overcast but dry Aberdeenshire. The washing is on so that should be ready to hang out after the mutt and I have had our daily woodland walk. We should go further afield but he loves meeting his doggy pals and chasing round the golf course...his current bestie is a German Shepherd and he doesn't realize he is just a scruffy wee mutt!

It's CT scan day tomorrow so shall get to know what's going on inside. More chemo? I hope not. The hospital has a very nice clothing shop so maybe a bargain to be found?

Have a good day.

harrigran Sun 29-Dec-19 09:30:57

Good morning from a grey but dry NE. It is 9 degrees here and forecast to be even warmer.
Disturbed night with reflux.
Nothing planned for today.
Thinking of the gillybobs.

GrannySomerset Sun 29-Dec-19 09:27:40

Grey, quiet morning in North Somerset. Church this morning but nothing else planned apart from wondering what we should eat and finding homes for the Christmas presents cluttering the sitting room.

Thinking as always of the stoical GNers who share their difficult lives on here and hoping that today is a better one for them all.