Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(43 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Dec-19 06:12:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry here in Brackley this morning.
A quiet day for me prior to doing a bit of housework and a general sort out.
Starting to prepare for next years trips and other things but aim to cut back on things.
Mick

BlueSapphire Mon 30-Dec-19 06:58:12

Good morning Mick and everyone to come. We seem to be the earlybirds. As it is in our little close, no other lights on except mine! Been awake since about 5am.
Dark and dry in Northampton at the moment.
Very quiet day yesterday, but the DGDs are coming for the day so shall be a lot busier. Pizza for lunch I think and then watch a film perhaps.
Hope all have a good day.

SparklyGrandma Mon 30-Dec-19 07:01:20

Morning Mick and BlueSapphire...still dark and I am getting ready for an early shopping delivery. Having hair done later, that will feel better. Roll on next year..

NanKate Mon 30-Dec-19 07:02:11

Morning Mick and All.

Dark and cold in South Bucks.

Decided not to venture out until my cough has cleared up so my neighbour is coming here for a coffee and chat, instead of us going down town.

Just booked to go to the local Arts Centre to see Knives Out which I am told is excellent and has a flavour of Agatha Christie. Hope you can book some good shows Mick.

Hope you are feeling better today Mary and the Gillybobs have had some sleep and Oldgaijin gets some positive news today.

Marydoll Mon 30-Dec-19 07:02:35

Good morning Mick and all who follow. It's dry and mild here in Glasgow, 10c, at the moment.

I will need to go out for some shopping, as I've been hibernating (and unsociable) since Christmas Day and the fridge and freezer have been depleted, so it's off out early for me.

A baking day when I get back, the tins are bare. My friend across the road has asked us for a quiet drink tomorrow, so I'm going to make a batch of tablet, as a gift, for those who are going, they are all tablet addicts. grin
We usually take turns to host the lively New Year's party, but I just don't have the stamina any more, so it will be a quiet celebration! ?

Thinking of Dragonfly and Gilly and all those who are suffering.
Kate, Susan and the other lurgy sufferers, I hope you are feeling better.

Marydoll Mon 30-Dec-19 07:03:43

Good morning also to BlueSapphire and Sparkly, grin.

Beechnut Mon 30-Dec-19 07:16:37

Good Morning everyone and welcome to the new GM posters from a dry and dark Severnside.

I think I’ll have a day of pottering and reading and even get to open my new magazine that I purchased before Christmas.

Thinking of the poorly and hope we all have a good day ?

SparklyGrandma Mon 30-Dec-19 07:17:38

Good morning Marydoll

cornergran Mon 30-Dec-19 07:35:57

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark but dry looking corner of Somerset. Feel frankly foul this morning, nauseous, sore throat, thumping head so will do very little today. Mr C seems to be improving if coughing so there’s hope. Enjoyed every second of our family day yesterday, precious memories. Please don’t overdo the baking marydoll, enjoy the planning mick, sending warm wishes to anyone poorly or struggling and a hope that Monday is kind to everyone.

Ginny42 Mon 30-Dec-19 07:55:54

Good morning Mick and everyone from a dark morning in Cheshire. My very scientific weather report is that if it's a bit chill in the shower room it's cold outside. Not sure the BBC would employ me, but I'm seldom wrong.

We had fun last night with GS finding magic tricks on youtube and videoing himself presenting them and I was his sidekick, but kept getting told off as I couldn't keep a straight face. I suspect more of the same today.

We'll go for a walk around 9 with the neighbours' dogs. I have to oversee some homework as DD has an appointment and GS has some tests immediately after the hols. Big treat later in the week though is a trip to the Harry Potter studio, so he has to crack on with the homework.

Kind thoughts and get well wishes to the sick and those caring for others who are unwell. Take care everyone whatever you may be doing.

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Dec-19 07:58:13

Good morning all from what I think is a dry Leistershire.

Feeling much better today after a good night so it is tidying up today. We have to keep the decorations up until Saturday though as the DGC are coming up this week for a few days, with Mum and Dad of course!

Hope your cough improves Nankate my DH announced last night that he thought he was getting better - quite a breakthrough ?.
No use saying take it easy Mary but hope you do and as always thinking about Gilly.

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Dec-19 07:59:33

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough corner hope you feel better soon.

Yiayia4 Mon 30-Dec-19 08:03:01

Morning all misty here this morning.
Know how you feel Cornergran this lurgy is awful and my arthritis has kicked in as well,a real moaning Minnie this morning! sorry.
Will hide under my duvet till tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Mon 30-Dec-19 08:03:14

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The weather:
If you can see the hills, it's about to rain. If you can't see them, it's raining.
It's so dark. I can't tell.
I hope we all have a good Monday and that Gillybob finally gets her toothache sorted.

Pittcity Mon 30-Dec-19 08:12:44

Good morning from a cold, frosty Colchester. DS had to scrape his car before setting off for work!
Housework and catching up today.

NannyJan53 Mon 30-Dec-19 08:14:04

Good Morning from a dry but dull Black Country.

Walking for Health walk this morning. I definitely need it!
Then DB and SIL are bringing Mum home this afternoon, and as they have to pass here I have said pop in for a cuppa then I will take her home, as that takes 30 minutes off their journey from Redditch.

I hope your cough clears soon NanKate. Not heard of that film? You will have to give us a review!

Hope all is well with gilly and her DH, they surely need some positive outcomes now.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Gingster Mon 30-Dec-19 08:14:08

Good morning from the Suffolk coast. A beautiful sunrise over the sea. Ducks and geese flying by. We e had a busy time over the Xmas period. Friends staying over and hosting Boxing Day, with the family. Going to chill out for the rest of the week - dog walking and reading. Ahhhh bliss.

Urmstongran Mon 30-Dec-19 08:19:55

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where the sun is just rising from behind the Pennines. The outline is sharp and clear and the sky is a beautiful apricot colour. I think it’s going to be a nice day.

I intend to couple up the Alexa I got for Christmas today. Maybe.

No particular plans but will probably go over to see the smalls later. I took our little granddaughter round to the lovely nearby cafe - she scootered round! - and it was closing early. We put on our sad faces to each other and giggled. So I daresay we shall try again today.

Grandad played the 7y old at chess over Christmas and he was so busy instructing him where was best to go he took his own eye of the ball and got beaten! Ha - by a novice. He has been learning in school and it’s years since Grandad has played so they are probably well matched. I think a re-play is scheduled for today!

Thinking especially today of you oldgaijin and gillybob. Hello to you Sparkly if you are a newbie.
?

Hope Monday is good to us all, whether we have plans or none.

Scentia Mon 30-Dec-19 08:27:46

Good morning to all. Got back from my Caribbean cruise yesterday and was surprised at how mild the weather is. We had a lovely time in the sunshine. This morning is my DH birthday and we are off to fetch the dog from the kennels and take my DGS for a walk around the trails near to his home. What an exciting day we have ahead.
I hope you all have a good day and hope that all that are not feeling too good feel better soon.x

EllanVannin Mon 30-Dec-19 08:29:36

Good Morning All x
Up with the lark and showered already----GP appointment at 08.50 you see sad This is a follow-up from my few hours stay in hospital before Christmas. It's nearly 3 years since I saw her!

Anyway, a lovely sunrise here on the coast and signs of a decent day. It's cool of course and looks damp underfoot but hasn't rained.

I intend finishing the Express Jumbo crossword and sending it off today----I've never won yet. A bit of tidying up and sorting out the 'fridge and whatever else crops up.

Take it easy to those who aren't so grand, thoughts to the Gillybobs , Dragonfly and Marydoll xx.

Up and down like a fiddlers elbow here letting each cat in, still, it's exercise I suppose smile In a hurry now.

vena11 Mon 30-Dec-19 08:32:05

Good Morning from a dry and a bit misty Bristol but I looks as if it is going to be a nice day,
DD SIL and DGS1 coming today for a few days so will be another busy house.
marydaoll can I have some tablet, just love it.
cornergran hope your cold gets better soon DH is still coughing and that's been 2 weeks but it is starting to go now thank goodness,
Everyone else take care and enjoy.

NanKate Mon 30-Dec-19 08:33:42

Thanks for the good wishes. I feel a fraud as I just have a hacking cough which will improve, but next to some of our other GM contributors it’s no big deal.

Yes I will give a review of Knives Out NannyJ My DS saw it recently and text to recommend it to me saying he thought it was ‘appropriate’ for me. ?

Alygran Mon 30-Dec-19 08:42:33

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun is just above the horizon in a clear sky. Looks like it might be a nice day.
Family went home yesterday and all back to work today.
A bit of pottering for me and possibly a walk later.
Good wishes to all especially those not well or struggling.

Mommawolf Mon 30-Dec-19 08:42:47

Good morning all its a lovely morning here in Norfolk, the sun is shining. A beautiful dog walk. A garden day ahead I can see spring bulbs pushing through so must clear the leaves and tidy things up. Hope your DH had a better nightGILLY and wish all who are under the weather a speedy recovery.

kittylester Mon 30-Dec-19 08:46:33

Morning all from a brightish North Leicestershire. Another day of furniture, carpet and curtain research today.

Hoping all poorly people feel better today.