Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-Jan-20 06:12:31

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but misty and dry here in Brackley at the moment.
Back into my usual routine today , going to Bicester and Buckingham, small shops etc and coffees .
A few other things to sort out as well.
Mick

Resurgam123 Thu 02-Jan-20 08:37:11

Good Morning All
Well the sky is not very promising so far.
This long hanging about in this post Christmas nothingness is awful.
I need to get doing something enjoyable and interesting. Mr Resurgam is not very enjoyable about anything.
I hope things will improve soon.
A cup of tea should help

Lins1066 Thu 02-Jan-20 08:41:18

Good morning Mick and all.
We had our party food yesterday, a New Year's Day tradition with us, loads left so no cooking required, which is just as well as I am sore today.

Happy Birthay wishes for your mother NannyJan, what a lovely thing to do for her.
DH going to the dentist this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.

vena11 Thu 02-Jan-20 08:45:05

Good morning from Bristol dry at the moment.
Busy last few days as DD SIL DGS3 were here for a few days, they left early this morning, house looks as though a bomb has hit it, so decorations down, hoover, clean and maybe a nap this afternoon, I am not cooking tonight I am going out for tea.
I hope everyone is feeling a bit better.
Enjoy the day .

conor Thu 02-Jan-20 08:47:58

Good morning from a murky Essex. Still mild so mustn't complain. DGSs arriving shortly for the day. Age 3 and 7 so should be a fun filled day with Nanny collapsing on the sofa when they go home. Also DD back from Ireland this evening and will stay here tonight before going home tomorrow after work. So my relaxing days over. Could get used of doing nothing but will be lovely to see everyone again. Have the best day you can and hope 2020 is being kind to you so far xxxx

conor Thu 02-Jan-20 08:56:02

Nanny Jan I hope the 90th birthday goes well. We had a party when my DD was 90 and he loved it all. Even stood up and made a speech! Still love and miss him 10 years on xxx

Auntieflo Thu 02-Jan-20 08:56:06

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all others.
It's dry here in my bit of Berks, the bin men have been, and I have my first cup of tea, so all is right with the world, at the moment.
I have a physio appointment after lunch,and probably some shopping to do, as DS2 and family are coming tomorrow.

We went int Reading yesterday, just to be out, and to look for a couple of kitchen chairs, but had no luck. John Lewis was closed, how dare they, and there is nowhere else to look, except perhaps a retail park. As we had gone in by bus,that wasn't an option.
Evidently Ikea had a massive tail back, after an accident in their car park. so pleased we didn't choose to venture there.

Hope the Gillybobs are OK, and to all who are poorly, get well soon.
Have a good day one and all.

NfkDumpling Thu 02-Jan-20 08:57:28

Morning All

Grey and still in my bit of Norfolk too.

Off out for lunch with friends which should cheer the day and hopefully stir us out of the lethargy of post Christmas. May take down the greenery its looking a bit sad now.

Sar53 Thu 02-Jan-20 09:02:29

Good morning everyone from a grey Essex by the sea. We are off, by train, to Westfield shopping centre at Stratford shortly. I really need a new pair of boots so I'm hoping I will find some today. Will probably eat out so no cooking later.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Thu 02-Jan-20 09:03:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

As usual. Not going anywhere, not seeing anyone.

Marydoll Thu 02-Jan-20 09:08:00

Good morning all from Glasgow, it's 9C, but I can't get heated up! DH says the house feels like a sauna.

Late posting this morning, I just couldn't get out of bed. I don't mean I was tired, I was stuck!! My hip and back have seized up.
I love the Marydoll moment comment, as some of you know, I have many! ?
I eventually managed to get up, with a lot of oohing and aaahing, drowned out by DH's snoring.

Went downstairs to get some painkillers, went to the loo and couldn't get up again!!! DH of course was oblivious.? I had visions of reading in the local paper, about a well known, local worthy, being stuck in a toilet! ?
On a more serious note, we spent a fortune building an accessible shower room to futureproof our home, with grab rails etc, but I forgot about putting one beside the toilet!!

I have promised, as part of my cardiac rehabilitation, to go for at least a ten minute walk every day, if I'm able, ( I can't manage the exercises) so I'm off out later. I will be gone for hours, as I'm bound to meet someone. grin I didn't make it yesterday. sad

Hugs for all those who are poorly or sad. flowers and enjoy your day, all those with plans.

gillybob Thu 02-Jan-20 09:23:02

Good morning from a bright but cold NE coast .

I had planned to go out of lonely walks on the beach yesterday, but DD asked if I could have little Evie for a few hours yesterday afternoon so we played Duplo together which she loves.

DH slept on and off for most of the day yesterday . Will have to go to “that place” today but the lads are not back until Monday so I won’t be staying long that’s for sure. I had planned to win the lottery over Christmas so I would never have to go back, what do they say about well made plans.....?

It’s my birthday today , I think I’m 58 or is it 85 ? hmm certainly not celebrating or doing anything nice.

Have a good Thursday everyone .

Love Gilly xx

Nannytopsy Thu 02-Jan-20 09:25:21

Morning Mick and all of his followers! Overslept rather today - we were up very late last night, for no particular reason. I reached base camp on the ascent of the ironing mountain yesterday and shall aim for second camp today!
Hope everyone has best day they can.

Marydoll Thu 02-Jan-20 09:26:23

Gilly, Happy Birthday!
Hopefully, your family will have something nice planned, although I do understand that you don't feel like celebrating.
After everything that has happened, you do need spoiling. flowers

gillybob Thu 02-Jan-20 09:30:25

Thank you for the Birthday wishes Marydoll smile

As for the family having “something nice planned”
You have got to be joking grin

NfkDumpling Thu 02-Jan-20 09:32:48

Happy Birthday Gilly. May 58 be as good a year as it was for me. We moved house and made all sorts of rather surprising and unexpected changes. flowers

Susan56 Thu 02-Jan-20 09:33:51

Morning from the Shropshire borders.
Have managed to go downstairs this morning for the first time in over a week?back in bed now but hopefully each day will see improvement now.
Happy birthday gilly???hope you have a good day.x
Good wishes to all.

harrigran Thu 02-Jan-20 09:34:29

Good morning from a windy NE.
We had all the family visit yesterday, lovely to have them all round the dinner table. No turkey in sight, DH cooked two beef joints and a vegetarian meal for DD.
Probably won't see DD again until Easter as she starts a new job in February and lives in Belgium.
Thinking of all those who are poorly.

Lins1066 Thu 02-Jan-20 09:35:17

Yes Happy Birthday gilly as Marydoll says, you need some spoiling. I hope you have the best day you can. ?

SilverDarlings12 Thu 02-Jan-20 09:36:13

Happy Birthday to you
Squashed tomatoes and stew. Dear Gilly. +++

Urmstongran Thu 02-Jan-20 09:40:48

Jeepers I’ve slept for 10 hours solid!

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry and mild again. Certainly not like winter here!

I must couple up the Alexa Echo I got for Christmas today as I’m beginning to look somewhat unenthusiastic ... ?

No plans today. Grandson was taken to the walk in yesterday (NYD not the best start to 2020) with a rash on his legs. Turns out it’s hand, foot and mouth virus. Contagious so he’s in quarantine for a couple of days. He’s well enough in himself thankfully, eating and drinking, just pale and tired, bless.

Will read the 40 messages now that are already on here! Seems such a popular thread now how lovely! Honestly what different lives we lead - yesterday we had alpacas, someone off to Antarctica (beats nipping to Sainsbury’s) etc. Makes for very interesting reading!

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or, like me, none. x

harrigran Thu 02-Jan-20 09:41:40

Birthday greetings gillybob, I hope you can have some kind of celebration even if it does not include alcohol.

JenniferEccles Thu 02-Jan-20 09:44:24

Happy birthday Gilly !

How great that your husband is home for your birthday. I bet even two or three weeks ago you would never have imagined that possible.

I was also going to say I expect your family have something nice planned but I have seen your reply to that suggestion!

At least you don’t have to clean the men’s loos at work today ?

EllanVannin Thu 02-Jan-20 09:48:25

A Happy Birthday Gillybob. xx
Treat yourself to a bit of something to give yourself a lift, you deserve it.x

My eldest D ( in Oz ) is 58 at the moment, though will be 59 towards the end of the month. To think that this time next year she'll be heading towards her 60th----doesn't seem possible.

KatyK Thu 02-Jan-20 09:49:21

Happy birthday gilly flowers

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Jan-20 09:54:41

Good morning Mick and all x

It is very grey here in SE Essex, bedding changing today, and a tidy round, will leave the decorations up until twelfth night.

gillybob Happy Birthday, you have your dear man home and hopefully he is taking baby steps on the road to recovery.
I do hope that your family will surprise you ???