Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Sun 05-Jan-20 06:09:49

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but dry at the moment in Brackley this morning.
Usual Sunday , laundry etc, and a quiet day for me.
Yesterday, there was a small amount of stores at the Flea Market in Buckingham.
Mick

Curlywhirly Sun 05-Jan-20 17:58:45

J52 and Kittylester - just popped in to wish you both Happy Birthday???

J52 Sun 05-Jan-20 16:56:56

Just popped back. Thank you for the birthday wishes, having a lovely day.

Sorry to hear that it’s not so good for others. I hope things get better soon.?

Kalu Sun 05-Jan-20 13:01:13

Welcome Jeanniegirl1 There is always room for one more and pleased you are joining us

Hope you are having a good day

Jeanniegirl1 Sun 05-Jan-20 11:57:09

Hi, sorry to just jump in. I’ve just read this thread fir first time. Have joined in all the other discussions but never this one. I’ve just sat and read through all the messages. Van I just say it was a complete delight. Your messages to each other were lovely and just hearing what other people are up to has made me feel that bit less lonely. I will keep reading this “good morning” every day now ?

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jan-20 11:51:24

Oh I like that idea Kalu are yours battery operated or plug in?

TMI I know but I’ve just rushed back to the bathroom. It’s 2 weeks now. I’m going back to the GP tomorrow. Am I too old mid 60’s to have IBS or gluten allergy? Need to speak to a doctor about this.

Harris27 Sun 05-Jan-20 11:49:51

Morning everyone had lie in after lovely meal at sisters last night. We are going out for afternoon tea this afternoon Christmas treat off son. Looking forward to it.happy birthday kitty and love to all under the weather.

Beechnut Sun 05-Jan-20 11:41:30

Thank you Urmston. It’s just a bit of emotional stuff that comes and goes to do with the loss of DH. I feel a little better after talking to DD. I can whitter on about things and like her dad she can come up with something in one sentence and that eases things.
I’m glad to see you feel better. x

Kalu Sun 05-Jan-20 11:31:57

I missed your post gilly as I was writing mine.

I’m sorry to hear Mr g has something else to contend with. That’s the last thing he needs poor man. Fingers tightly crossed it doesn’t develop into this lurgy a few of us are going through.

EllanVannin Sun 05-Jan-20 11:14:14

Good Morning All x
Lovely sunny morning and glad I got a response from Oz ( Sydney ) as I'd tried yesterday but hadn't and thought the lines were down or there was some fault or other.
However D and family are still safe from the fires but the air quality is poor.

Not that my D could run very far if the fires came near as she broke her hip on NYE ! Fell backwards and couldn't get up. Operated on ( new hip ) on the 2nd and home the same day ! I couldn't believe it and nearly burnt the meat in the oven while I was talking to her.

Still bogged down with this pesky lurgy as it comes and goes in waves, what a nuisance, a week tomorrow it began with chest and neck pain which manifested itself into a chest infection----no treatment as it interacts with the warfarin so I have to ride it out with the odd paracetamol and Fisherman's friend's.

I must get cracking and move myself starting with a wash and get myself dressed or the day will be gone.

Take time to rest those who are under the weather and I hope Mr G isn't landed with the lurgy after what he's already been through xx
Everyone else have a peaceful Sunday.

Kalu Sun 05-Jan-20 11:04:17

Pretty sure you will be having more sundays Urmstongran ?

Your candle bridge sounds lovely and not daft at all. I put a string of fairy lights in a vase yesterday, lovely effect. An idea you might like when you put your candle bridge away.

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jan-20 11:02:40

Oh gosh!! annesixty I meant one last night with a Christmas light still up! Haha! Lost in translation!

Sorry to hear about mrgillybob’s cough & high temperature. Will you call a doctor out? Mind you - is that even a ‘thing’ anymore? So stressful. At least you’re off to the dentist tomorrow gilly one less worry.

I love reading about your mutt’s adventures in the woods oldgainjin he has a great doggy life with his pals!

Sorry to hear your RA has flared again Marydoll you are having a tough time lately and I’m sending you a virtual gentle hug. Ready?

Happy birthdays to kitty and j52 ?? - sounds as though you enjoyed your evening kitty! Lovely.

Are you alright Beechnut? What is it with your emotions? Whatever, I hope you are not upset.
X

Legs55 Sun 05-Jan-20 11:02:09

Good morning all from a grey Devon, looks damp outside haven't been out yet , normal Sunday reading papers, doing crosswords & sudoku. I should really get moving & catch up on all the housework I was meant to do yesterdaygrin

flowers to those of you celebrating Birthdays & best wishes to those of you battling health problems

whywhywhy Sun 05-Jan-20 10:50:04

Good morning from an overcast Market Harborough area.

We’ve just had news that my MIL has died during the night at the nursing home. She had been ill for some time and wasn’t expected to make it to christmas so DH is phoning relatives this morning.

Sending love and hugs to Gillybob and hope your husband is better soon. You are such a brave and strong woman. Also sending love to anyone going through pain, sadness or suffering at any time.

I battle depression on a daily basis but my last visit to the drs was not inspiring. I’ll tell you all in a later post. Right now I have a trapped nerve in my back/shoulder with pins and needles down my left arm and hand.

Have a lovely quiet and peaceful Sunday to you all.

Xxx

gillybob Sun 05-Jan-20 10:41:56

I missed that one annsixty well done for spotting it !

Oh Urmstongran I’m sure you didn’t quite mean it as it was written grin

annsixty Sun 05-Jan-20 10:38:39

I sincerely hope you do have more Sunday’s * Urmstongran* or did I misunderstand?

mancgirl Sun 05-Jan-20 10:32:36

Good morning from well, I was going to say sunny Manchester but the sun just disappeared! Had gs2 for a few hours yesterday while his parents sorted the house out after Christmas. Dropped him off at 4.30, just as I pulled into the drive gs1 was on the phone, with help of daddy, asking if he could come to play for an hour?. Well, you can't say no to that! We're very fortunate (?!) they live so close. Chores this morning, out for tea with the family. Last Christmas event before returning to normality! Hope everyone has a good day. Gilly hoping things improve for you, hugs to those who are feeling low.

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jan-20 10:28:19

Ooh I slept in again this morning then had a long conversation with our daughter! Again I’ll post - then read!

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where I’m so pleased to report that I think (hope) I’ve finally turned a corner. I wasn’t so jiggered after my shower yesterday so in the afternoon we drove over to see the grandchildren and have a cuppa. Shouts of ‘grandma! grandma!’ really cheered me up!

We are taking the Christmas decorations and verandah lights down today. For one last night I will leave the candle-bridge lights on in my bedroom - they are so pretty and I know it sounds a bit daft but I find them comforting too.

I might look for a winter replacement? A pretty lamp with similar soft yellow bulbs. Actually that makes it sound tacky but it’s not IYKWIM. Sorry, wittering on here.

Hope Sunday is good to us all whether we have any more or like me, none. x

NannyJan53 Sun 05-Jan-20 10:23:04

Good Morning from a dry but grey Black Country.

Mum had a lovely day yesterday, with all the family sharing a meal. I made a little speech of my memories, then most of the family joined in that too! She was very touched.

I started a sore throat yesterday, and as I suspected it has now turned into a full blown cough and cold. So I didn't get up until 10.00am. Oh dear1

Happy birthday to Kitty and J52* flowers

Sorry you are feeling unwell Marydoll I hope the pain lessens as the day goes on. Pleased you are slowly feeling better NanKate , make the most of the rest while you can!

Virtual hugs to gilly I am sure I speak for most of us here, in wishing I lived nearer to be of some practical help.

Kalu Sun 05-Jan-20 10:14:25

Good morning from a dreich start to the day in Glasgow.

Think I may have turned a corner at last with this bug? Of course now that I am feeling a good bit better I need to address what needs done so, quick supermarket visit is priority to stock up diminished cupboards and fridge

Happy Birthday to kitty and j52??
Given that it’s your birthday plus feeling a wee bit tender kitty means you are allowed to call the shots today so, feet up and relax until you feel more human?

Hope your pain subsides as the day goes on Marydoll. What an awful time you are having.

Wishing all bug sufferers a speedy recovery?

Hope you have a good day gilly

Nannytopsy Sun 05-Jan-20 10:14:03

Morning Mick and all his followers. Happy birthday Kitty & j52!
The cat kept us both awake for large parts of the night. He was scratching at cupboard doors and bedrooms he is not allowed in, yowling loudly. Then he would walk all over us, demanding to be stroked. Dementia perhaps as it is common in elderly cats?
We have roast pork tonight, like others on the thread ?.
Good days to everyone and healing vibes to the poorlies.

Bellasnana Sun 05-Jan-20 10:05:45

Good morning from Malta where the sky is blue but there is a chilly wind blowing.

Thank you for all your nice comments yesterday, you cheered me up on what was a difficult day.

Many happy returns to kitty. I hope you will have some help clearing up last night’s mess.

NanKate so sorry you are poorly but thanks for mentioning there is tennis to be watched! Like you, I’m a fan but had no idea it had started.

Hope everyone has a good day whatever you are up to, sunshine

gillybob Sun 05-Jan-20 10:04:41

Good morning from the NE coast where I am enjoying yet another cup of tea. We had a lovely sunrise again and it’s fairly mild .

DH had another very poor night and I am worried that he has developed a nasty cough and a high temperature. Things not so good at the moment .

Wishing Kitty and j52 both a very happy birthday flowers

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Beechnut Sun 05-Jan-20 09:56:54

Happy Birthday kitty??

vena11 Sun 05-Jan-20 09:47:22

Good morning from another dry and sunny morning in Bristol.
We are having the DGC over night today as their school has a inservice day tomorrow so we will have them all day as well.
Tiredoldlady I use to live in Falkland and have had many a walk up Falkland Hill.
Marydoll sorry your RA is playing up.
Kitty happy birthday.
Everyone else I hope you all have a good Sunday.

BlueSapphire Sun 05-Jan-20 09:43:12

Good morning all from a very grey and cold Northampton. Just contemplating a bacon sandwich when I have finished this.
Trip to town yesterday to pick up jumper from Topshop, and also found a nice summer top in Debenhams which I could not resist.
My new digital radio is up and running on the bedside table, and I am very pleased with it. I have preset 5 different stations on it so no more fiddling around tuning stations in on FM and medium wave.
Going to the cinema this afternoon to see 'Little Women'. Have also booked a ticket for the ballet at the end of the month to see 'Swan Lake '.
Best wishes to all feeling poorly today.