Gransnet forums

Chat

I Blame MawB ( not my fault at all!)

(86 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 08-Jan-20 20:15:51

After reading the buying new boots thread started by MawB,
It reminded me that she had introduced me to the buying Skechers habit ? a couple of years ago.I looked at Amazon and found yet another pair of Go Walks to buy....a bargain!
Finger hovered over ‘buy now’ ( resistance is futile) .....they will arrive in a few days.
Now, what else can I save money on?

MawB Sat 11-Jan-20 13:01:03

Silly me! I failed to read the thread title and then Maw tried to inveigle me into providing a URL which would obviously be led by the prosecution at my trial
Inveigle , Rufus ?
No, just put your money where your mouth was.

Rufus2 Sat 11-Jan-20 12:50:50

not for Tales of threads Past.
Lemongrove; Silly me! I failed to read the thread title and then Maw tried to inveigle me into providing a URL which would obviously be led by the prosecution at my trial. sad
I wasn't born yesterday! hmm
My credit card "sin " was in fact not a sin, but a reversed card transaction. I'd bought some items from a glossy Christmas cat. two of which turned out to be rubbish, i.e. not fit for purpose, so rather than complain on GN, I received a full refund, no fuss! grin QED!
OoRoo

Marydoll Sat 11-Jan-20 12:09:11

Luckily I got them half price in a Sketchers outlet in the USA, a lot cheaper than Amazon!
My son encouraged me to stop faffing about and just buy them.
The photo doesn't do justice to the colour.

merlotgran Sat 11-Jan-20 11:39:26

I saw those on Amazon, Marydoll

Was sorely tempted! grin

Marydoll Sat 11-Jan-20 10:39:36

Merlotgran ?

These are Sketchers too!

merlotgran Sat 11-Jan-20 10:04:29

They'll look great with the dark grey jeans I've just bought in our local Bon Marché's closing down sale. sad

gillybob Sat 11-Jan-20 09:58:07

They’re lush merlot I almost live in Sketchers and I love the colour .

MawB Sat 11-Jan-20 09:55:46

Mmm, seriously nice * Merlot* ! smile

lemongrove Sat 11-Jan-20 09:54:57

Rufus this is a thread for telling us your retail sins, not for
Tales of threads Past.
So, what guilty buys have you committed credit cards to this last week?

lemongrove Sat 11-Jan-20 09:51:54

Oooooooooh!
I wants them, precious! envy

merlotgran Sat 11-Jan-20 09:47:33

My new Skechers have just arrived! grin

gillybob Sat 11-Jan-20 08:53:46

Just caught up with this great thread. Maw it seems you have a lot to answer for ! grin

I miss GabriellaG for her great fashion advice and bought my very favourite M&S “crazy, woolly, lamb coat thingy” after describing it to her way back in September . I absolutely love it .

Love those boots Gramarretto (especially the sheepskin trim) they look so comfortable. I would wear them a lot .

MawB Sat 11-Jan-20 08:50:51

aspersions not “assumptions” !
And anyway, isn’t there a GN ban on “threads about threads” ?

MawB Sat 11-Jan-20 08:47:00

Add comment | Report | Private message Rufus2 Sat 11-Jan-20 08:29:30
Care to provide a link Rufus ?
Not really

Then rein your neck back in and stop casting unsubstantiated (and wrong) assumptions.

Rufus2 Sat 11-Jan-20 08:29:30

Not really!

MawB Fri 10-Jan-20 19:03:48

Think of it as creating a family heirloom smile

MamaCaz Fri 10-Jan-20 18:53:59

You know just what to say Maw grin

Doodle Fri 10-Jan-20 18:34:16

Too true maw. I like quilting. I have just made 2 quilts for DGC. I have spent hours making them and spent a fortune on the material. I could easily buy a throw for them for less that I spent on the thread to sew it with. It is the pleasure of making something that is important.

MawB Fri 10-Jan-20 18:22:30

MamaCaz I am assuming you value your time and would appreciate the finished product both for its uniqueness and quality of finish?
No-brainer - your skill and expertise more than warrant expensive raw materials (and “expensive” is only relative anyway)
Just think how much you would enjoy working with something so beautiful - are you there yet?

I have often “costed” out things I have knitted or crocheted and the final figure has been eyewatering, but it is a one-off, a work of art.
You must be there by now?
Good luck!

MamaCaz Fri 10-Jan-20 18:13:49

Dear Maw.

If you are not already into knitting or crochet, please could you take them up, and then would you start a thread on beautiful (but ridiculously-priced) must-have yarns?

The thing is, I saw a pattern last week for the most beautiful scarf. I looked up the yarn it was worked in, and nearly fainted when it costs well over £50 just for one skein.

So far, I have been telling myself that there is no way I would ever spend so much on any yarn - my best-quality ones so far have been picked up in charity shops for around a pound. However, if you were to start a suitable thread, I could probably buy it, guilt-free, because it would be all your fault! wink grin

MawB Fri 10-Jan-20 16:17:22

I think you need a reality check Rufus2
I too have found the thread to which I believe I contributed all of 6 posts, none of which were anything to do with Knickers or autobiographical information - not my own. If you look again I believe I was trying to correct your misapprehensions, aka getting the wrong end of the stick, so not exactly a lot to say?
So to refer to “my” thread is a bit wide of the mark, but hey, if it makes you happy to have another pop at me, why should it bother, or even surprise me?

MawB Fri 10-Jan-20 13:21:02

Knew I hadn’t started a thread on undercrackers.

Rufus2 Fri 10-Jan-20 13:10:39

^ MawBroon Sun 29-Apr-18 15:36:45^
We seem to have silenced Rufus2 or was it my usual curse of killing a thread stone dead
Maw That search was easy! We're both right! Annie was OP, but you had a lot to say; the thread seems to have improved with age, like me and possibly you? smile
OoRoo

Rufus2 Fri 10-Jan-20 12:29:17

However, if you can find a link I am happy to stand corrected
Maw Challenge accepted! I'm sure it was you under your MawBroon alias and I'll never forget all the (verbal) identikit info. that filled pages. Talk about 50 shades of pink! grin
OoRoo

Nana3 Fri 10-Jan-20 01:11:56

I bought myself a handbag on my birthday after a gn poster bought herself one for her birthday. It was annsixty I think, sorry ann if it wasn't you. It was a long time ago and I'm still using it .