Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Fri 10-Jan-20 06:16:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark here in Brackley this morning, but looks dry outside .
A day out again today , I had intentions of buying anew printer an HP one, but on emailing the person who has fixed my computer in the past , he has advised me to get a Canon Pixma, which I have in store room in the flat.
Its supposed to be economical on ink etc but will try this weekend, it will save spending out on something else .
Mick

Scentia Fri 10-Jan-20 06:25:49

Good Morning Michael and all to come along.
Up early as we are off to Centre Parcs today.

I finally managed to get in to see a doctor yesterday about my painful heel.
Turns out I have something called Plantar Faciitis, a condition that a lot of active people get, I am officially’Active’ I have been given lots of stretches to do and a telling off for not wearing my orthotics!
The stretches really hurt (like the orthotics) but the doctor said they will hurt and I have to persevere.

The great outdoors looks so dark this morning, hopefully we have a dry weekend in Nottingham for our break.

I do hope that all with ill’s have just a small chink of sunshine in their lives today.

Take care everyone, and have a “Fabulous Friday”

Urmstongran Fri 10-Jan-20 06:28:20

I’m a happy, excited early bird this morning!

Good morning Mick and everyone who follows from a dark but dry South Manchester. The practice nurse rang me with my blood test results yesterday afternoon and they were all normal. After feeling so ropey since Christmas Day I was hugely relieved as you can imagine!

Himself was straight on line looking for flights to Spain - we had to let one go on NYD. Turns out we’re on a flight today, mid-afternoon, as Mr. O’Leary had offers on and we got seats for £19 each to Malaga. Perfect! I shall be following you out there after all then Pantglas!

No packing to do just to get ready for the airport - handbag only and Manchester airport is only 15 minutes away by taxi. It’s so doable.

Wishing you all, especially Marydoll, dear gillybob dragonfly and oldgaijin, the best Friday possible. I for one feel blessed. x

lavenderzen Fri 10-Jan-20 06:32:48

Good morning all from Derbyshire. I shall have a quiet day today, maybe some shopping later, after spending all day yesterday trailing up and down at the hospital having tests.

Enjoy Friday everyone. Enjoy Spain Urmston you lucky girl, wish it was me smile

Pantglas2 Fri 10-Jan-20 06:45:51

Morning all from a dark but hopefully sunny later Spain where I’m enjoying the chamberpot of tea Nortsat46! Time to loll abed this morning and hope you enjoy yours full of piping hot coffee!

Well done Urmstongran! A bargain price and a last minute jobby - a girl after my own heart! Weather here is stunning and promising same for the foreseeable so you’ll soon be back to your 100% wellness!

Wish everyone some sunshine (even metaphorical) in their lives at the moment - it seems everyone I know has someone unwell at the moment or awaiting ops/treatment etc. flowers to all x

NannyJan53 Fri 10-Jan-20 06:50:12

Good Morning from a dark but dry Black Country!

Took a couple of loads of washing to Mums yesterday (washing machine not working) then we went out to lunch to the pub we had her birthday meal in at weekend. Then round the corner to DD's to see SIL who is still not working. Good news is, his Doctor said he can drive, but he just has to have an eye sight test. Hopefully then he can get back to work.

Wow, Urmston how lucky was that £19 each for flights! Have a drink for me tonight. We are off to Malaga, but not until 22nd September sadly smile

Wishing gillyMarydoll dragonfly Lins oldgajin and anyone else who is battling ill health or problems a better day today.

BlueSapphire Fri 10-Jan-20 06:54:26

Good morning all from a thankfully dry Northampton; we had a terrible downpour last night and poor DDil got soaked just walking from the car to the back door.

Work on the cloakroom still in progress, floor tiles grouted yesterday and ceiling and walls painted.

Then discovered I had a leak under the kitchen sink - couldn't happen at a better time as the plumbers were actually here! It meant having new taps and a new drain, plughole etc, so one of them spent the afternoon fixing that while the other painted. Something else to go on the bill!

Mick, I've had a Canon Pixma for many years and have always been pleased with it.

Enjoy Spain, Urmston, I'm also very envious!

Hope all have a good day.

cornergran Fri 10-Jan-20 06:58:06

Opening Mick, morning All from a very dark corner of Somerset. From what I can see it’s dry, hooray. I can actually see very little, I’ve not slept, my eyes have been itching all night and now are blury, red and sore. Goodness knows what’s going on, no matter the car has to go for a service this morning and we’ve a table booked for lunch as a cheer up for us. The day must go on! So many poorly people at the moment, my best wishes to you all and a hope that Friday is kind to everyone

Bellasnana Fri 10-Jan-20 07:04:07

Good morning from Malta. I’m not going to comment on the weather because I’ve got it so wrong the last couple of days! From my bedroom window it looks dull, but yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day and the temp reached 24°C, after me telling you all it was ‘gloomy’ blush

I’m staying in today as I really need to do some serious cleaning.

This evening I’m going out for dinner with a very dear friend who is going through a very tough time at present. Her DH has been in hospital for nine months with very severe COPD, so her days have been spent going back and forth to visit him.
Then in October, she was diagnosed with cancer in her stomach, but it is actually metastatic as she had a mastectomy seven years ago. I’ve been going with her for her chemo and trying to help as she is on her own and still worrying about her DH. She’s such a lovely person and we have been friends for almost forty years.

Great to hear your results are clear Urmston, safe travels and enjoy relaxing in Spain. That certainly was a good deal you nabbed!?

Hoping everyone has as good a day as possible.sunshine

Brunette10 Fri 10-Jan-20 07:07:41

Good Morning from a very frosty Fife. It's Friday and we have our 2 x DGS's today so looking forward to a busy day. Urmstongran I'm sure you will be over the moon, well done - enjoy. Loads in the news today - whew! Hope Friday is good to everyone, thinking of all not feeling so good. Keep your chin up.

kittylester Fri 10-Jan-20 07:09:39

Morning all from a dry (as far as I can tell!) North Leicestershire.

School run in Derby this afternoon - well the dgc are 12 and 11 so come home on their own. So I will just pootle and faff this morning.

Poorly eye are really exhausting corner so take care.

Glad you are all ok and can go to your other home.

Thinking of gilly and all others with wits of any sort.

Beechnut Fri 10-Jan-20 07:09:53

Good Morning everyone from a damp Severnside. Not to worry though as we shall have both Pantglas and Urmston out in Malaga sending over warm weather greetings.
I hope you got your friend home and settled ginny. There is no place like it.

I might do a small shop today and sort through somethings that I don’t need any longer.

Hope you all feel better if you’ve been ill and if you haven’t hope you stay the same or better ?

Urmstongran Fri 10-Jan-20 07:11:12

Oh Bellasnana that’s a heartbreaking situation for your friend. Just so terribly sad. Plus you had your bereaved friend to support following the tragic accident that her husband suffered. You seem, like Ginny42 a very kind friend to have. x

harrigran Fri 10-Jan-20 07:12:52

Good morning from a cold and frosty NE.
DH has some errands to run today so I will stay put and potter around the house.
Thinking of all the poorly people.

Clestt Fri 10-Jan-20 07:19:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Clestt Fri 10-Jan-20 07:20:26

All quite far, not fat!!! Oh my haha

dragonfly46 Fri 10-Jan-20 07:24:25

Good morning, still dark in Leicestershire.

Up early this morning despite a late night at NWR last night, the tiler is coming back to finish off.

So pleased your tests came back clear urmston, enjoy the sunshine!
So sorry to hear about your friend Bellasnana it is what we all dread.
Hope everyone has a healthy Friday.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 10-Jan-20 07:34:11

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Safe flight Urmstongran Espanol will help with your recovery, but not too much Vinasol ?

Bellasnana you truly are a good friend.

Mick hope you get your printer sorted out.

marydoll dragonfly lins I hope you are feeling better .

I am off to the gym first thing, then some pottering, out to dinner tonight with our recently widowed friend, he is coping remarkably well.

Have a fund Friday folks x

Bellasnana Fri 10-Jan-20 07:39:27

Thank you Urmston for your kind comment, but I always think I’m the lucky one to have such loyal friends. I have gone through some tough times myself and it is my friends who have rallied round and kept me from going mad. Now it is my turn to be there for them.

Marydoll Fri 10-Jan-20 07:43:55

Good morning all from a chilly Glasgow, it's 0 degrees.

Mick, last year I replaced my printer with yet another HP. I signed up for their Instant ink programme, but was a bit sceptical. However, it has been so much cheaper than buying cartridges online. I have saved a fortune and the cartridges are sent out automatically before you run out of ink! smile. So if you ever have to purchase a new one, it's worth thinking about.

Oh how I envy those of you enjoying the sunshine. Urmonstongran, so glad to hear your good news! Enjoy.

Bellasnana how awful for your friend, what a wonderful friend you are to her. A sad time for you too.

I'm off out early to get my bloods done yet again, a trip to the bank for me then home to chill. I'm still feeling yukky, so I'm going take things easy. That's what I'm saying for the moment!! grin

Clestt, you probably won't get a response here, you need to look for the section entitled Grandparents in the Forums section, post there and someone may respond.

Best wishes to all who are poorly, enjoy your day everyone.

Grammaretto Fri 10-Jan-20 07:55:20

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I keep getting the weather wrong too. It snowed here yesterday and i bought new snow boots in the sale.
Yoga this morning and then the electrician is fitting a new light in my workshop. 10 watts LED. energy saving.
I hope Friday turns out well for you all. Happy news Urmston
smile
Gilly things will get better. They must. flowers

chett welcome to you but you may want to start a new thread for your question.

Ginny42 Fri 10-Jan-20 07:55:40

Good morning Mick and everyone. So many people on the go travelling hither and thither, have a safe journey everyone.

Thank you for your kind words Urmston and Beechnut, it was a hectic day, but the carers in the CH were very kind getting her in a taxi and her belongings into my car, they made it easy. The new carers were waiting at her home and seemed very kind and efficient to me, so fingers firmly crossed it works out.

I'm being a bit lazy this morning. Will walk in the woods at 9 o'clock and later meeting friends for lunch in a nice garden centre. It is inevitable that I will come home with a boot full of 'stuff' and I see there's a sale on. Fatal.

Get well wishes to all on the sick list. Perhaps when spring comes everyone begin to feel better. I spotted catkins on the hazels yesterday and the daffodils are up in the pots and the garden.

Yiayia4 Fri 10-Jan-20 08:02:23

Morning all still very dark here in Scotland
We are staying in a lovely hotel overlooking the river Ness,a Christmas present from our family,a lovely gift.
We plan to go to
Loch Ness today then on to our next stay at Nairn on the Moray Firth coast.
So pleased for you Urmston have a wonderful time.
Hope all poorly people feel better soon.Marydoll take it easy.Have a good Friday everyone.

Susan56 Fri 10-Jan-20 08:11:40

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.Looks like a dry day here.
Am hoping to go into town later but first more laundry.I don’t know how two people create so much laundry,I swear there must be people living here I don’t know about?
Hoping DH is feeling better today,he’s still asleep which is good as he hasn’t slept well for weeks.
Things sound more positive for your friend ginny,let’s hope the new careers work out for her??
Mary,hope you feel better soon and Ellan and everyone else unwell hope you are feeling better today.
Am hoping you have had a better night gilly and send you love and strength.x

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 10-Jan-20 08:14:09

Good morning from east London, cloudy, dry and mild. Day of contrasts yesterday moving between death and new life and pleased that SiL had chance to cuddle my new GD. No apparent sign of jealousy from GD1 - I think 6 and a half years is a good gap (having had 7 and a half between my 2). Coach and play tennis this morning then back to get down to the nitty gritty of notifying the authorities and arranging BiL’s funeral. Hope you have the best day you can.