Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Sun 12-Jan-20 06:14:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its wet here in Brackley this morning.
Quiet day , things I want to do in my flat today such as maybe install new printer, laundry etc.
Decision as to my trips out to Bicester , still like going via Buckingham , as I have met and spoken to others on buses that way instead of being on a bus which is like a commute .
Mick

moggie57 Sun 12-Jan-20 18:42:38

dry .chilly and windy .bur sunny as well with blue sky. just made it to church on time.after church had dinner at the new pub the apple tree .not going there again as we waited 45 to get our meals ,grandchildren got upset at no food.seems they got the food wrong thought we all share starters and then main meal .daughter had starters for herself .(as a main meal) so they said we waiting for you to finish starters. thats not we told you .d starters as main meal /kids meals and mine. told them we not coming back if we have to wait 45 minutes.. waitress sneered at me when i asked for a jug of water no ice and no ice in the kids drinks either.....deft not going back....kids had fish fingers in deep fried batter .yuk ,and salted the chips too.gs didnt eat his chips ,we complained and waitress said everyone has salt on chips .my d told her my son should be able to choose whether he has salt or not. grrrrrrr....

Feelingmyage55 Sun 12-Jan-20 12:58:35

A very good afternoon from a chilly Scotland. The dreaded cough has parked itself here and ruined sleep. Ah well. Sitting down with a good book and will probably doze off. Congratulations on the new baby. Hope mum is doing well. A c-section is tough. urmston. How sad and shocking.
gillybob please, please go back to A&E.
could your sister sit with DH? Or - invite her for lunch, serve up then go out to the hospital and leave her ?.
marydoll I hope you are all right as you have not posted and I know you are under the weather. To everyone, have a peaceful day.

Kalu Sun 12-Jan-20 12:04:00

Late good morning from a sunny at the moment Glasgow.

Big and welcome change from yesterday’s weather Jaan12☀️ Enjoy your walk.

Broken sleep as the cough continues for both of us, the coughing duet but, thankfully feeling so much better.

I have tried many remedies over the years to get rid of a persistent cough Grammaretto and to date, just have to wait it out until it goes.

Looking forward to settling down with my book and have an easy day.

Lovely news farview Congratulations.

No wonder you’re feeling flat Nortsat very disappointing.?

Hope everyone has a positive day one way or another.

Crechat39 Sun 12-Jan-20 11:58:44

Gloriously sunny here in France. Bitterly cold though. Having a break from cleaning. Eldest daughter is arriving later. Staying for a week. She'll take over the walking of our dog and also the one we are looking after who is going to be in hospital for a long time. We can't let him off the lead in the woods because he is unreliable at coming back when he is called. So he has to be walked on a lead. I walk with a stick so it is a dicey business.
Have a great day everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 12-Jan-20 11:39:15

Good Mick and all x

Very windy here in S E Essex, when the sun peeps out from behind the clouds it has got warmth. I feel we need a cold snap to kill off all the lurking germs and so as not to confuse nature.

Urmstongran how upsetting for you and your neighbors, his poor daughter will be distraught when she gets the phone call.

farview congratulations on the arrival of your new grandson. I saw on the news that Dubai has had two months of rain in one day, and that the main 12 lane High Way through Dubai had to be closed as it resembled a river.

gillybob please continue to make a fuss, it seems so wrong that you have been suffering since before Christmas.

D and family here for dinner later, other than that nothing planned.

Jaan12 Sun 12-Jan-20 11:22:13

Good morning from Fife. Sunshine and bright today. Big change from yesterday when it rained all day. Did some gardening this morning and hope to go out for a walk in the afternoon. Hope everyone is feeling well.

Nortsat46 Sun 12-Jan-20 11:11:54

Bellasnana ?

Bellasnana Sun 12-Jan-20 10:20:33

Good morning all from a rather damp Malta. It has rained overnight but looks like it is brightening up. Still chilly.

Urmston what truly awful news regarding your neighbour. It just doesn’t bear thinking about, poor man and his family.?

Many congrats to Farview, how lovely to have a new little life to celebrate. I’m a tad envious as I’d love to have some more grandchildren. Still only got DGD who will turn nine next month! I love her to bits but she’s 6,000 +miles away so we can only chat on FaceTime.

How disappointing for you, Nortsat. I’m sorry your health has stopped you from doing things you enjoy.flowers

Gilly, I just don’t know what to say about your tooth problem. It’s cruel to be suffering still. In Malta you’d be seen immediately.

DD3 is coming over on her way to a baby shower, so I shall be glad to see her. Other than that, no particular plans for the day.

Hope all with coughs, colds and other illnesses will feel better.
Have a good day all.sunshine

eazybee Sun 12-Jan-20 10:16:00

Gillybob, I have never heard of anyone in such pain, with such obvious symptoms, being treated in this way over such a period of time.
You must:
Go to A & E and make a fuss.
Go back to your doctor and make a fuss.
Go to your dentist and make a fuss.
I had to make a fuss about my mother's treatment in hospital, but only once.
I was advised to quote the Patients' Charter, and I don't know if it still exists, but it certainly worked then.

harrigran Sun 12-Jan-20 10:11:12

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Our lunch out was most enjoyable yesterday, the restaurant was fairly quiet and the food was superb.
The cough syrup I use is Buttercup Broncho stop, it says on the box for dry and chesty coughs. I think it must be just a soothing syrup, anyway it works for me when all others have failed.
Congratulations farview, a very good weight.
When DS was born he was 9 pounds and looked like a 3 month old.
Best wishes to all the poorly people and those caring for DHs.

gillybob Sun 12-Jan-20 10:01:47

Good morning from the NE coast where it is dry .

Another night of disturbances.

Have been reading horror stories regarding teeth, failed root canals and acute infections for most of the night . Stupid I know but my nose is really hurting . Honestly don’t know what to do with myself or where to turn next. Feel like I am getting passed from pillar to post . Could be a long wait to see ENT person .

How tragic Urmstongran . I bet you were quite shaken. Poor man and his poor daughter too.

Huge congratulations on the birth of your “bouncing” baby grandson farview my own son was less than half that weight at birth !

I have managed to roll some duct tape (in a fashion) around the huge pot thank you Beechnut which I hope will last until I can get another pot in the spring. It took some doing mind you . smile

I do hope you enjoy your few days away Kitty smile

Have a good Sunday everyone .

Love Gilly x

Annapops Sun 12-Jan-20 10:00:41

All these beautiful new year babies. Congratulations to all concerned.
Such sad news about that man dying in a fire yesterday. How tragic for his family.
Today will be a busy day of tidying and decluttering where I can.
GC duties tomorrow so we need to be organised here.
It's dark and gloomy across our valley here in County Durham but I must make an effort to fit in some fresh air today.
Yesterday's treadmill run proved to be a good one. 5k in 31 mins. My best yet. Fingers crossed I will be able to complete a park run in the Spring.
I hope everyone finds something to enjoy about today.

Beechnut Sun 12-Jan-20 09:29:06

Congratulations farview. That’s two babies I’ve heard of this week at 10lb plus.

MawB Sun 12-Jan-20 09:23:23

Good morning all and it looks a whole lot better than it did three hours ago!
Hattie has had a bout of the “rumbling tums” which some dog owners will recognise. Basically whatever has upset her will not be cured until she has chomped her way along the borders (ornamental grass a particular favourite) and then made herself sick. Hopefully while still in the garden, but not always...
Anyway I think that is over which is a relief as I am driving over to meet DD and DGS for lunch at a pub in Epping Forest near Waltham Abbey where D’s MIL is in a Care Hone (Alzheimer’s)
Wishing you all a peaceful or productive Sunday whichever is your preference!

Nortsat46 Sun 12-Jan-20 09:17:05

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a sunny east London.
Quiet day for me, my condition has exacerbated and I had to cancel a lunch date with a friend, which I was looking forward to.
Also had to cancel concert tickets for Tuesday evening and a dinner reservation... so feeling a bit flat ...

Pantglas, a full Monty and a chamberpot... ?
Urmston, how awful about the fire and the death of your neighbour.
Indeed Mommawolf ... life is fragile.
Farview, I will add my many congratulations to those already offered here. What wonderful news to start the year.
Bbbevan, good morning if you are passing this way ...
I am off to search for the Monty Don book referred to by Mommawolf.
Have the best day you can, team. ?

lavenderzen Sun 12-Jan-20 09:15:43

Good morning everyone from a dark and wet Derbyshire. Doesn't look like it will clear any time soon. The walk with my little dog is going to be a wet one.

Congratulations Farview on the birth of your grandchild.

Have a good day all. Hope all the coughs and colds start to improve.

dragonfly46 Sun 12-Jan-20 09:12:30

What a dreadful experience urmston. So sad for his daughter.

Safe journey kitty I hope you enjoy your holiday.

Congratulations farview.

BlueSapphire Sun 12-Jan-20 09:08:50

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Northampton. Still very windy here.

Just about to prepare a hotpot for the slow cooker; something nice and warming to come home to after rugby this afternoon. We are playing an Italian team today in the European Cup. DD and her husband will be picking me up for that later on, saves me a bus trip. Thermals on again I think!

Hoping today turns out well for all.

conor Sun 12-Jan-20 09:06:21

Good morning from a SUNNY Essex! Everything looks so much better with sunshine?Had a productive day yesterday as cleared and decluttered big wall unit. Lots of old CDs, ornaments etc no longer required and felt so good when all cleaned and replaced(small pleasures!)
Going to Hyde Hall today with 2 very good friends for lunch and a walk so lots of chatting will be done. Hope I'm home for Dancing on Ice and Call the Midwife. I love Sunday TV at this time of year. I hope everyone has the best day they can and those with worries or troubles find peace xxxx

Anniebach Sun 12-Jan-20 09:01:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

mancgirl Sun 12-Jan-20 09:00:14

Good morning all from a wet Manchester. You lasses in Spain will be be glad you're there in the sun! Tidy up day today before going to gs2 2nd birthday tea party. Curly Whirly even when they sleep you don't because you're listening out for them! Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Mommawolf Sun 12-Jan-20 08:52:10

Goodmorning all from dull and miserable norfolk. Congratulations FARVIEW. The fire sounds awful IRMSTONGRAN life is so fragile. A quiet day planned just church, lunch, dog walk and a book I am halfway through Monty Don's Nigel, my family and other dogs. Hope everyone has a good day

Susan56 Sun 12-Jan-20 08:39:07

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where we have very heavy rain.
Having finally got the house and laundry up to date I am hoping for a quiet day reading one of my new books and catching up on TV.DH still unwell but signs of improvement I think/hope??
Sending get well wishes to Mary,Ellan and everybody suffering with these awful coughs.
Hope you and DH have had a settled night gilly.x

NannyJan53 Sun 12-Jan-20 08:34:28

Good Morning from a very cloudy Black Country. It rained most of yesterday. Hoping today is slightly better as Partner is off on a bike ride.

Lots to do in house today and some admin. Car insurance renewal came yesterday, and it had increased by £20. Comparison website later, only 3 came in slightly cheaper. Some were over £300 more than £100 over my renewal quote! I suspect some insurance companies do not want to insure older drivers?

Happy birthday to your Aunt Nannytopsy what a great age. My Mum was 90 last week, and she is the same, memory not so good, but still active and always well groomed.

How sad Urmston and such a shock for his daughter.

Congratulations farview enjoy your time with your family.

Enjoy your break away kitty and I hope your DH's procedure went well yesterday?

Wishing everyone a good day, and thoughts with gilly Marydoll dragonfly

Pantglas2 Sun 12-Jan-20 08:33:42

Ha ha Ginny42- it’s brunch I’m looking forward to......grin