Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Tue 14-Jan-20 06:14:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, windy but dry at the moment here in Brackley.
Diabetes result its gone up slightly , but was recommended another prescription as to the medication, but will see after next 6 monthly.
Today, usual trip out to Bicester via Buckingham, I am sticking to this route as I met people and have got to now them to talk to socially on the bus.
Where the direct bus will just be like a commute bus , and I can make it a proper days away as well.
First some housework etc.
Mick

Kalu Tue 14-Jan-20 11:39:22

Good morning from a thankfully calmer Glasgow. What a horrible stormy night and according to the forecast more is expected later this afternoon.

Hope you new meds. do the trick and your readings settle down Mick

I know what you mean re the bunging up oldgaiji. I had similar to deal with whilst on morphine, prescribed Movicol and it certainly got things moving. Hope you find a remedy giving you one less thing to deal with. Sending you positive vibes for good results today.

Hope you have managed to see your GP Ellen. DH was prescribed antibacs and steroids which made breathing so much easier. Take care and get well soon.

Right oh, on with my to do list and the fun goes on!

Hope those not having a good day today begin to see some improvement.

NfkDumpling Tue 14-Jan-20 10:27:04

A late Morning All

Grey but now dry in my bit of Norfolk. Sometimes I’m really glad I live at the top of a hill (it may be a Norfolk hill, but it’s still a hill).

Off out to lunch with friends today. Lots of catching up to do.

Gilly. If you have to describe your symptoms in a few words on the GP screen, have you thought of just typing “It’s all too much”? They already know all the problems you have.

Bellasnana Tue 14-Jan-20 10:25:26

Good morning everyone. The weather here in Malta started off rather wet but has now cleared and there is a blue sky. Not much warmth though, and an annoying wind.

I’ve been to my weekly hairdresser’s appointment. Only €8 for a blow dry so it’s my one luxury as I detest doing it myself!

Also called in at the vet to pick up some pills and lotion for my poor dog Buzz. He has allergies and his skin is very sore from all his licking and scratching. He already seems a lot better after one application of the lotion.

Does anybody think we ought to have a Good Night thread as well? Or would that be too much?

Urmston, is it warm where you are? I’m so cold at the moment if it wasn’t for the dog I would go and spend winter with DD2 in South Florida. ?

Anyway, best wishes to you all for a good day and hope oldgaijin will have some positive news. sunshine

Grammaretto Tue 14-Jan-20 09:38:38

I forgot to charge my phone so just a quick hello from the bus into Edinburgh. It's clear and cold. The bus was involved in an incident and we passengers were thrown forwards. The driver was furious. He turned of the engine and went in pursuit.

Mapleleaf Tue 14-Jan-20 09:31:37

Good morning everyone,

It's a lot calmer and drier here at the moment, but further rain is forecast for later.

Had a much better nights sleep last night after the previous nights very disturbed one! Feel much more with it! Not a lot planned for today other than a few little jobs to attend to but hope to catch up with my friend at some point today.

Hope all of you feeling ill or with worries have a better day today.

Take care.

Willynilly Tue 14-Jan-20 09:26:25

Good morning all.
Gilly, I hope your son gets the help he needs. Oldgajin my thoughts are with you as you see the consultant today.

Low sun and cold here in the East Mids. I’m still walking like Chay Blyth just off his yacht (me ‘ip) and I’m back at the docs to see if we can fathom out what’s going on.

Other than that, not much going on, so have a good day folks and those in sick bay I wish a speedy recovery.

Susan56 Tue 14-Jan-20 09:21:22

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.Had a lot of rain over night but stopped for the time being.
Sorting out our travel insurance today and also going to add our daughter to our car insurance.Other than that nothing much planned.
DH on another course of antibiotics but starting to feel better??
Lins,I love my fitbit??‍♀️My daughter and I do a weekly step challenge,fitbit sends us messages telling us who is ahead!
Ellan,hope you are starting to feel better.Please try and see your gp if you can,I know they are pretty rubbish but DH on second course of antibiotics and sounds like you have had a similar thing to us.
Oldgaijin,hope your appointment goes well.
Gilly,hope your sons appointment goes well and that you get your call from the gp,also that your husband had a good night.In Shropshire there is a self referral line to talking therapies,might be worth seeing if there is anything like that available in your area as it could benefit your son.Sending strength and love.x

Anniebach Tue 14-Jan-20 09:10:03

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannySomerset Tue 14-Jan-20 09:07:14

Cold but dry in North Somerset after a very windy night but with no damage as far as I can see. Chose our new tv yesterday - will come on Thursday and my hope is that DH will be able to work it for himself instead of summoning me every time.

Main task this morning is to muck out both fridges and discard the last lingering bits of the festive season. Will need then to do a supermarket shop, though not necessarily today.

gillybob Tue 14-Jan-20 09:04:29

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start after a wild, wet and windy night.

Was promised a call back from GP yesterday who promised to chase up referral but instead received a text at 8pm with apologies saying will ring me today. Our GP practise is terrible since they introduced this internet booking system. You have to describe your problem in a few characters and someone (non medical) decides whether a GP or nurse needs to email you or telephone you back. Only after another assessment could you get an appointment .

DS seeing the consultant today after his “funny turn” (that wasn’t so funny) last week. Wish I could go with him but already stretched . I know he has high BP but also wish he could get some kind of counselling for his anxiety but I doubt that will happen on the NHS . No doubt offer more pills .

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday and those feeling poorly or sad start to feel better soon.

Love Gillybob xx

Nannytopsy Tue 14-Jan-20 09:00:27

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
It was s lovely calm morning about thirty minutes ago, after a very windy ever but now we have plenty of grey clouds. I got plenty of washing dried yesterday though, so my first job is to finish the last of the ironing.
Hope the day is kind to you all.

lavenderzen Tue 14-Jan-20 08:55:23

Good morning everyone from a rather damp Derbyshire.
Hope a good day is had by all and those suffering with illness start to improve.

Auntieflo Tue 14-Jan-20 08:43:30

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
It has been very wet here, the bin men have been and abandoned the bins after emptying them. There must be different crews working here, as we get the tidy crew and the messy crew.
Sounds as though you have met and made a good few frinds on your bus routes Mick, which is lovely.
I didn't get to log in yesterday and read the Good Morning thread, so hope all is as well as can be expected on here, though coughs and colds are abounding still.
I took myself off to Reading yesterday, on the bus, and had a lovely mooching time all by myself. While having a coffee, I looked at my phone, and found a message from sister in law, 6 days old, so had to ring her and apologise and say I wasn't ignoring her. I carry my mobile around, but as I use it so infrequently, I forget to check it.
I looked at, and tried on a couple of jumpers, but decided that I just didn't like anything on offer.
But, I did get to look at kitchen chairs.
In M&S I had a chat with one of the chaps, behind his computer, and it turns out he goes to the local auctions. How many times he had been married, who he now lives with etc. So that was an interesting half an hour or so.

I found chairs I liked, but waited until I got home to order them on line, as I wanted DH to have a look first. They should arrive in about a week.
Off to have my eyes tested this morning, then volunteering this afternoon.
Hope Gillybob is alright.
Have a good day one and all, and stay safe and dry.

conor Tue 14-Jan-20 08:42:11

Good morning from a grey Essex. The wind promised later today so will look forward to that!! Supermarket shop this morning, school volunteering this afternoon and yoga this evening. Wishing everyone a peaceful day xxxx

oldgaijin Tue 14-Jan-20 08:38:38

Good morning from a now calm Aberdeenshire...boy, wasn't it blustery through the night? Shall have to rescue all the debris from the garden...The street is littered with bins as most people put them out last night.

Had to call the district nurse yesterday for more pain relief and the inevitable consequences...morphine is wonderful stuff but HOW it bungs you up!

Oncologist later today so shall find out what's going on inside.

Have a peaceful day.

NannyJan53 Tue 14-Jan-20 08:37:27

Good Morning from a cloudy and damp Black Country. I presume it rained in the night, but once I take the hearing aids out to sleep, I don't hear a thing.

I think I will stay in today, make some soup, and a Lasagne.

Urmston we love Arroyo de la Miel, eating in the square by the fountain. Happy memories. Went to a Spanish night there, with dancing and singing. Bought a raffle ticket, but gave it to an older lady behind us, as we realised the prize would be too big for us to take home. She won! smile

Wishing everyone a good day, especially gilly Mary and anyone suffering ill health and this cold and cough.

vena11 Tue 14-Jan-20 08:31:42

Good morning from a dry Bristol yesterday was awful and we have to have more today.
I slept like a log last night best nights sleep I have had for weeks. Urmstongran I will be thinking about you sitting in the sunshine, We are all so jealous, enjoy.
Everyone else enjoy your coffees haircuts bus journeys I am staying put today.

Ginny42 Tue 14-Jan-20 08:30:46

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's quiet at the moment outside in Cheshire after a very stormy night. I had hoped that Brendan had moved on, but some posts seem to indicate there's more to come.

As there is half a pack of smoked salmon, some apricots, a jar of picked onions, a litre of milk, a half packet of butter and a few bits of veg in the fridge, I guess a trip to the supermarket is on the agenda. There's plenty of food in the freezer, so don't think I'm neglecting myself! I'm out to supper club tonight too. We're trying a new restaurant in the next village, so looking forward to that.

Take care everyone. Hope those feeling unwell, or coping with others who are ill, have a better day.

Greyduster Tue 14-Jan-20 08:27:22

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s clear, dry and quite benign this morning in South Yorkshire after yesterday afternoon’s horrors. I think there is more to come later, just as we are off to do the second school run! Before that, kitchen needs a bit of spit and polish. Have a good day folks.

Mommawolf Tue 14-Jan-20 08:26:13

Goodmorning all from a cold and very wet Norfolk. The rain has stopped but the amount of water on the ground is amazing. It will be a day of mopping up. The alpaca enclosure is three inches deep in water which will need to be sorted before we can let them out. Its going to be a busy day. Hope you are feeling a little better GILLYBOB.Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Tue 14-Jan-20 08:25:32

Good morning from a bright clear skied Colchester. It rained overnight but is dry and calm now. The storm is due here later but nowhere near as bad as the West.
Off to help sort a mountain of donations at a new charity shop this morning.

Resurgam123 Tue 14-Jan-20 08:15:29

Good Morning All

For oncc I have had a good night.
I have just looked out of the window. It looks very wet but calm in Cheshire East.
Nothing much going on.
A choir rehearsal this evening.

Brunette10 Tue 14-Jan-20 08:02:32

Good Morning from a dry Fife. Terrible day yesterday but not as bad as some. Hopefully today will be better. Off out today looking for new furniture once again. DH was at docs yesterday about his very painful toes. Doc reckons its arthritis so not a lot he can do but did give him cream, let's hope it helps. Thinking of everyone with problems and anxieties today, keep your chin up.

MawB Tue 14-Jan-20 07:59:14

Good morning all from N Bucks where it is grey and blustery.
A bad night has left me feeling less than energetic but my cleaner will be here by 11 and there is lots to do. A friend whose OH went into residential care two weeks ago but is again back (2nd time in 10 days) in hospital with a UTI might need taking to visit him, or just out for a coffee. No other plans but many things I could be tackling.....
Or I could get on with my book club book The Book of Dust. Could describe much of my house grin
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

harrigran Tue 14-Jan-20 07:58:15

Good morning from a still dark NE.
The weather was horrible last night, wind and heavy rain.
DH and I were both under the weather yesterday so he did paperwork and I caught up with some TV.
Probably need to food shop but I will wait and see if it rains again.
Hoping for improvement for all poorly people.