Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(55 Posts)
12Michael Thu 16-Jan-20 06:21:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry this morning in Brackley.
Usual day of bus trips, will leave slightly later to avoid getting the direct bus to Bicester, so I can use the local Buckingham bus ,and see people I know.
I have got a schedule in my head as to where I want to be etc.
Usual coffees etc.
Mick

ninathenana Thu 16-Jan-20 08:25:08

Good morning everyone.

We had a beautiful sunrise in Kent too kitty. Great pic.
Dry at the moment but clouding over as I type.
Some admin and cleaning to do today, I know how to live.
Thoughts are with all those that are poorly or troubled.

Urmstongran Thu 16-Jan-20 08:35:51

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s 10°C forecast to be 22°C later, as yesterday. We walked on to Paloma Park from Arroyo yesterday. Had a walk around the lake there. So many cockerels crowing! Rabbits running across our path and there was a duck with her four fluffy yellow chicks. It’s such a restful place to be, especially when sitting on a bench in the sun, eyes closed, listening to the sounds of nature.

No plans for today but we will go out. It’s too nice to sit in. Probably head of in the other direction to Batteria Park. War memorials and canons from times past, beautiful gardens and classical music from strategically placed speakers. I imagine the boating lake will be closed though at this time of year - it might be open at weekends.

Thinking of everyone with ill health and worries. Life can seem a such trial at times, in different ways, for all of us. I daresay we don’t get to our age without some back story.

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Mapleleaf Thu 16-Jan-20 08:36:01

Good morning all,

Grey and dull but dry here.
Pilates class later then some admin chores.

Hope today is a good one, and everyone who is out and about, have a nice time.

Alygran Thu 16-Jan-20 08:41:53

Good morning from North Yorkshire. We had the beginnings of a lovely sunrise but it disappeared in the high clouds.
Off to a charity parents meeting this morning then home to the ironing. There isn’t much so it won’t take me long.
Sending good wishes to all who are not well or struggling.
Hope today is kind to you all.

conor Thu 16-Jan-20 08:43:38

Good morning from a promising day in Essex. Beautiful sunrise and can see some blue appearing in the sky! School volunteering(and chatting) day today. Lots of gossip going around and love to be part of it. Also enjoy helping with the children especially when a child learns something new! Hope everyone has a good day xxxx

Susan56 Thu 16-Jan-20 08:44:13

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is dry at the moment but heavy rain forecast later.
I am spending today getting ready for the first of our belated Christmas celebrations.Its been a month since we saw the grandchildren due to illness.DGD cried when told we weren’t collecting her from school today but very excited when told she will be spending the next couple of days with us.
Mary, I hope your DGD is feeling better today and that you are too.
Sending good wishes to all with health worries and those who have family members unwell.
Hope you have got your referral gilly and that your DH and DS continue to improve.
Oldgaijin?

oldgaijin Thu 16-Jan-20 08:49:05

Good morning from a gloomy, grey Aberdeenshire.

Thank you to all the kind gransnetters who have sent so many messages of support, love, and prayers. There are too many to thank individually, but you know who you are. I can't write more on the subject as I well up, being still at the slightly gobsmacked stage, but hope to be around for a wee bit longer...terminal doesn't mean tomorrow, just that life expectancy is a bit less than one would have preferred. I had a visit from my lovely MacMillan nurse and we do nothing but laugh, in between talking about practicalities.

The mutt is still stretched out on the bed so I must boot him into action to go for a pee!

Have a good day everyone, Goodbye.

oldgaijin Thu 16-Jan-20 08:56:08

Dragonfly46...good luck at the oncologist. I'll be thinking of you.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 16-Jan-20 09:10:07

Oldgaijin, meant to say when I posted earlier - hold on to that resilience- it’s very powerful stuff.

lavenderzen Thu 16-Jan-20 09:10:15

Good morning everyone. Usual dark clouds here in Derbyshire.
Take care all, hope all poorly folk start to feel better. Have a good day.

harrigran Thu 16-Jan-20 09:34:36

Good morning from the NE where the sun has just peeped out, rain forecast for this afternoon though.
kitty I am sure you are my long lost twin, my sentiments entirely when having a few days away.
Thinking of all the poorly people and carers.

moggie Thu 16-Jan-20 09:37:27

Good morning Mick & all from dry rain forecast later Nottingham.
Catch up day at home after my 2 days at work.
Best wishes & thoughts with oldgaijin flowers
Hope you’ve got your referral Gillybob & your DH & DS feeling better.
Hope all not well, caring for loved ones or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Thu 16-Jan-20 09:49:56

A late good morning from the NE coast where it is cold but dry.

DH had a particularly bad night last night so I very late and have heaps to get done at “that place” . Can’t leave until he is up and about as I can’t bear the thought of him attempting to do the stairs on his own . Yikes ?

Like others, I have been unable to get OldGaijin off my mind . Just hoping and praying for her .

What a brave lady you are OG. flowers

Wishing everyone the best Thursday possible .

Love Gillybob xx

gillybob Thu 16-Jan-20 09:51:43

Still no referral date . Am trying yet more antibiotics and a steroid nasal spray in the meantime . So tempted to just get dentist to take it out .

JenniferEccles Thu 16-Jan-20 10:00:25

gillybob did you see the suggestion some of us made a few days ago wondering whether your father would be able to pay for you to be seen privately ?

Figures of under £200 for a consultation were mentioned.

I’m sure your dad must hate to see you in pain for so long.

Mommawolf Thu 16-Jan-20 10:03:39

Goodmorning all from a cold and bright Norfolk. Just back from spending night at local hospital with eldest granddaughter. Her partner collapsed at home 10pm with chest pain.we arrived just after ambulance to find him in the corridor where he spent until 3.30am in pain and waiting to see a doctor. At that time had seen no one above nursing assistant grade.He then went into cardiac arrest was sent to the ICU where he remains. At 7am told likely the virus he has just recovered from has damaged his heart. GD is sleeping now. I am so angry it took so long to assess him the second attack may have been avoided. Rant over! Thoughts with all who are struggling today.

Jan16 Thu 16-Jan-20 10:07:14

NikDumpling. Is the “local stately pile” Blickling? Been there lots as we live in North Wootton near Kings Lynn. Have fun!

Anniebach Thu 16-Jan-20 10:27:11

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannyGravy13 Thu 16-Jan-20 10:58:50

Good morning Mick and all x

Blue sky here at the moment in SE Essex, do not think it will last.

Thinking of all "Goodmorningers" who are poorly and who have troubles flowers

Keep safe folks.

Marydoll Thu 16-Jan-20 11:00:01

Mommawolf, what an awful experience, totally unacceptable! So worrying for your family.

A similar thing happened to me, after a drug allergy, but I was seen straight away and a second heart episode avoided, due to prompt intervention. I was indeed very fortunate.

Try and get some rest, although I know that will be difficult.
Best wishes to you your family. ?

Mommawolf Thu 16-Jan-20 11:09:30

Thank you Marydoll. He is "comfortable" DD is taking DGD to see him after lunch. I am dozing on the sofa with a huskey cuddling me. Life can change in a moment scary at times.

Willynilly Thu 16-Jan-20 11:21:33

Oh Mommawolf I do hope he’s ok. How awful for everyone. Best wishes flowers

Nortsat46 Thu 16-Jan-20 11:28:35

Oldgaijin I missed your post yesterday. So very sorry to hear your news. Take things gently, a step at a time. When you feel like it, do come back here. The GN army are on your side ... ready with broad shoulders for (virtual) hugs, listening to rants, sharing tears and laughter.
Thinking of you and sending all best wishes ?

Nortsat46 Thu 16-Jan-20 11:36:30

Good Morning Mick and the GM team.
I got so absorbed in Oldgaijin’s news, I forgot to greet everyone.
Sending ? to Gilly, Dragonfly, Marydoll’s DGD, BlueSaphire and all facing challenges or worries today.

Sark there do seem to be two Good Morning threads, which is confusing but I will stay with Mick’s, as I like the gentle tone.

Have the best day possible, all. ?

Kalu Thu 16-Jan-20 12:19:42

Good morning from a dreich day here in Glasgow. Oh well, it is January.

I wondered how you were today, a lot to process, I can only imagine. Out with the mutt hopefully helps a wee bit. Sending love, strength and determination to help you along.

Hope your appointment goes well Dragonfly

What a frightening experience Momma I am angry on your behalf at such a long wait for a life threatening situation. I have been there twice with DH but very lucky to have prompt action with Paramedics on the scene quickly.
Best wishes for your GD and her DH to get through this.

Poor wee lamb indeed Marydoll wishing your GD a better day and hopefully her symptoms subside as the day goes on?

Collected GD1 14yr as arranged yesterday. As I watched her leave school with another pupil I realised it was a boy! Oh no, Granny isn’t ready for this stuff. We have a close relationship and she told me he was just a friend. ? Ring any bells dear friends?

Hope everyone has a good day and a better day for those going through difficult times.