Gransnet forums

Chat

Catherine and William versus Meghan and Harry

(54 Posts)
GrandmaJan Thu 16-Jan-20 13:01:04

She is wanting privacy so who is tipping off the press that she’s visiting these places I wonder. There was also a photograph of her climbing into a seaplane the other day so whoever took the photo had obviously released it to the press or the press had already been alerted to her trip.

mcem Thu 16-Jan-20 12:57:17

A very adversarial thread title!

ladymuck Thu 16-Jan-20 12:43:10

I would love it if the media completely ignored Harry and Meghan for a while. I wonder how they would react to that?

Kate Middleton always behaves with dignity, even though she doesn't always look as though she's enjoying herself.
Meghan Markle is patronising. She talks down to everyone. She behaves as though she's doing us all a favour.

I think many of us are relieved that she and Prince Harry have given up on this country and want to make a name for themselves elsewhere.

Artdecogran Thu 16-Jan-20 12:34:41

Looking at the latest visits for Catherine and William where they seemed to be there to learn about the groups they were visiting and to give support and praise and NOT talk about themselves; versus Meghan’s two visits which seemed to have been used to show how benevolent she is and to further lecture the ‘needy’. The 2 groups didn’t ask for a visit so if they weren’t seeking help why did she go? I had great sympathy for her but by going out on the publicity trail so soon after the Sandringham meeting, it makes me feel she’s sticking 2 fingers up to the RF, saying look I am needed over here, I can’t be bothered to do it in the UK but I can in Canada. Also I found it interesting she didn’t need to hold Harry’s hand in order to get through the visit. As per my previous post I still do feel sorry for Harry, but I have lost all sympathy for Meghan.