Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you agree with the statement you are what you eat

(82 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Sat 18-Jan-20 13:51:58

To a certain extent I do. But there will always be the lucky few that seem to be able to eat just what they want without putting on much weight, sadly I’m not one of them

Fiachna50 Thu 23-Jan-20 12:28:50

No, my condition plus the medication makes it difficult to maintain a low weight. I do try to eat healthy, which is about as much as I can do. Even my GP has said it is difficult.

PamelaJ1 Thu 23-Jan-20 12:39:26

Nanna58 I have sent you a PM

M0nica Thu 23-Jan-20 20:26:58

DH put his diabetes in reverse after about a month on the 5:2. That was 4 years ago and it hasn't come back.

He is still overweight and inactive, but he eats a healthy diet at mealtimes. It is cheese and, sometimes, alcohol, between meals that are his downfall.

Alexa Thu 23-Jan-20 20:37:02

I'm not as stupid as I'm cabbage looking. My personality has more layers than an onion. I sometimes know my oats. I am not sugary and like to salt a conversation with facts. I am not as spicy as when I was younger. I have not been anyone's Honey for a long long time.

Greeneyedgirl Thu 23-Jan-20 21:01:43

Good health is clearly multi factorial and it is sobering to see that the UK comes only 19th in the list of healthiest nations.
It is interesting that Spain comes top, despite the fact that they smoke and drink plenty, but their mediterraneum diet is obviously important. Another factor is apparently good record of reducing preventable diseases nationally, and the fact that many of them walk to work!

M0nica Thu 23-Jan-20 21:05:05

Alexa, well done!