Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-Jan-20 07:33:25

As to Diabetes ,last Monday when I saw the nurse in the surgery .
She pointed out a few things with weight this time of the year, especially with festive season .
But in 5 months or so I will have my birthdate blood test, and whilst I was with her she reviewed my medication as I am type 2, saying there is combi tablet I can have has part of my prescription as I am on the highest dosage tablet wise with Metformin
Mick

Susan56 Sun 19-Jan-20 07:20:27

Good morning from West Wales.We ended up staying another night as by the time we had finished seeing everyone we felt too tired to drive home so will instead have a leisurely drive home today.
Good luck with managing your diabetes Mick.I am diabetic too and manage it successfully most of the time but occasionally have a blip.It can take me a while to get back on track so wish you well,it can be a tricky condition to manage at times??
Corner,hope you start to feel better soon.You really have suffered these last couple of months,it’s very wearing?
Sending good wishes to all with health and family worries.
Hope you are ok dragonfly and feeling better Mary.Also hope Ellan that you are continuing to improve.
Hope you have had a better night gilly?

NanKate Sun 19-Jan-20 07:17:49

Morning Mick, Feeling and All.

Glad your day out went well Mick. I think you are sensible to try and reduce your weight because of diabetes. My late dad did the same thing and felt so much better with his slimmed down figure. You could always join us on the thread ‘I am a pear the sequel’ where we are all using our own methods of weight loss and supporting each other.

Not sure what we are doing today as DH now has the lurgy.

dragonfly46 Sun 19-Jan-20 07:16:29

Good morning, still dark here in my corner of Leicestershire but feels cold.

Sorry to hear you are still suffering corner these bugs do seem to be hanging around a long time.

Easy day today, roast beef for dinner.

Hope all who are suffering a better day.

cornergran Sun 19-Jan-20 07:11:16

Morning Mick, morning All. Cold, dark and frosty in our corner of Somerset. Aggravating sore throat and face pain has kept me awake, I know people are dealing with much worse but enough now. Pleased yesterday went well mick, good luck with some weight loss, you’ve succeeded before . Hope to potter outside today, a little tidying and replace some spring plants that have rotted in the tubs. Thinking of those in physical or emotional pain. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Feelingmyage55 Sun 19-Jan-20 07:09:41

Good morning all. Very frosty so back to bed with tea, then church and lunch with friends. Also reading a good book. Enjoy the simple pleasures today.

12Michael Sun 19-Jan-20 06:13:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its cold outside think we may had a minus zero drop last night.
But nice to see the ground frost yesterday, and iced up bus shelter windows.
Yesterdays day out was good , the stall holder I see at the flea market in Buckingham, had promised me she would look for the items I want soon.
An enjoyable and social day on the local bus route into Buckingham ,where I have got to meet passengers over the last 3 years , and enjoy conversation.
Need to get weight down again with diabetes.
Mick