Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Thu 23-Jan-20 06:14:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its Dark but a frosty start this morning in Brackley.
I am still suffering with a cold /Flu virus of sorts.
But will go out doing my usual thing on the buses , via Buckingham to Bicester and back.
One reason they are applying the top coat of paint to my front door today and its supposed to be a up to 8 hours drying.
so better of out the way.
Mick

kittylester Thu 23-Jan-20 14:52:43

Thank you nannyjan, I was watching!!!

DoraMarr Thu 23-Jan-20 14:23:31

Well, here I am, after a rather wasted morning! Builders decided they didn’t need access to my apartment, and partner made his own way home from the hospital! I have, however, bagged up some charity shop clothes and applied for my passport online. Now to venture out.....

Newquay Thu 23-Jan-20 13:56:08

Well, mission accomplished, delivered DGD2 at her Uni campus for an exam. Left home at 9am, was back home by 11; made a coffee (only one of the day) and promptly fell asleep!
Going to collect “Secret Barrister” from library. Choir tonight.

Greenfinch Thu 23-Jan-20 13:39:02

At least you haven't missed it Auntieflo.

Auntieflo Thu 23-Jan-20 13:02:54

Afternoon all.
Well I have completely messed up my day.
I have been having physio sessions on Thursdays, so was all ready to go out, when DH says, " oh it's Thursday isn't it". Which made me double check, and my appointment is for tomorrow. ?

whywhywhy Thu 23-Jan-20 11:23:40

Good morning from a foggy and damp Market Harborough area.

Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering today, lonely, depressed or just plain fed up!

I'm going to a christmas lunch (yes, you read right) at my painting group.

xx

grannie7 Thu 23-Jan-20 11:01:27

Good morning all I am new to this but delighted to see how friendly you all are to each other gives a nice feeling.
I am from Cheshire and the sun is shining so much we have had to close the curtains.My DH has been and done the shopping he tells me it’s lovely out.
hope you have a great day and Sark we had a little cat like your it’s was very amusing to watch her chase the dogs away from our property.
We had a delivery from JL one time the delivery man woke my husband up (he was on nights ) to say there was a dreadful screaming coming from our garden.When they went to see what was going on, our very small cat had a red setter dog pined in the corner of the garden.I am happy to say she kept her torments to cats and dogs but never went after any of the lovely birds in the garden thank goodness lol

BladeAnnie Thu 23-Jan-20 10:24:44

Morning all from a dull and misty mid Notts. DoraMarr I identify with you - all looks tidy on the surface but cupboards and drawers are a different story!! DOH and I going to see 1917 at the cinema this evening - heard good reports about this film so looking forward to it. Everyone try and have a good day and hoping our poorly friends are feeling a bit better today x

Willynilly Thu 23-Jan-20 10:20:26

Thank you Marydoll, I hope you get some rest today after all your activities. Hope also that Oldgaijin is ok.

lavenderzen Thu 23-Jan-20 10:18:51

Good morning from a very foggy and chilly Derbyshire.
Hope everyone has a good day, and those with who are poorly/worried get to feel better.

SparklyGrandma Thu 23-Jan-20 09:49:52

Sark what a cat! Poor post persons.

A misty cold morning here in the land of song, Wales. Off out to get fresh veg and fruit.

Let’s be careful out there folks..( Hill St Blues).

Marydoll Thu 23-Jan-20 09:48:27

Willynilly, welcome to the thread!

The talk about dogs has alerted me to the fact that oldagin hasn't posted and I haven't seen Brunettee about either. I hope all is well.

Willynilly Thu 23-Jan-20 09:38:28

Good morning one and all.
Very damp and grey here in the East Mids.
OH spent a small fortune dog proofing our garden yesterday as Houdini, aka the puppy seems to be able to get through the smallest of spaces despite her size. So different to our older boy who wouldn’t dream of going out even if the gates are left wide open.
Not much on today, a muddy dog walk, but of shopping and a swim I think.
Hope those that are poorly feel a little brighter today and those going to work have a decent day.

Auntieflo Thu 23-Jan-20 09:31:50

Good morning Michael, Annie and all. We woke up late this morning, so it's a slow start to the day.
Mick, good advice given about staying away from others if you have a bug. Stay in the warm and cossett yourself.
I have a physio session at lunch time, so that messes up the day, and I hope I can park when I get there. It's always busy.
Gillybob I hope all goes well for you and your DH, on the hospital visit.
Have a good day one and all.

Mapleleaf Thu 23-Jan-20 09:22:55

Good morning,

It's a dull morning, though looks as if it is trying to brighten up a touch. At least the overnight fog has gone.

No Pilates today as the teacher is unavailable, so I'll have a go at home.

Be careful out and about, mick if you are still not feeling 100%.

Hope you all have a decent day today, whatever your plans.

MawB Thu 23-Jan-20 09:17:35

Cornergran I liked it, so friendly!
Maybe we should be more cosmopolitan, Brexit or no Brexit?
DoraMarr I am glad I am taking the train. Although I expect D will drive us back to Moseley after lunch to pick up the children from school, I have no plans to venture outside Grand Central before that.

Nannytopsy Thu 23-Jan-20 09:15:47

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Everything looks wet outside but it is not as misty as yesterday. The washing machine has been fixed so you can guess what I will be doing today! There will be a trip to Waitrose to pick up a JL order too.
The cat is sitting on my lap snoring at the moment. He doesn’t realise his little world will change later when the new neighbours move in with their cat ...
Hope the day is kind to you all.

EllanVannin Thu 23-Jan-20 09:08:29

Good Morning All x
Foggy again first thing as I woke up listening to the hooters on the river.

I'd stay put if I were you Mick as besides spreading germs it won't help you to heal if you don't rest up. If nothing's necessary, forget it. It's not a nice bug at all.

I was inundated with children yesterday when D called. It was after school time so 3 of the 7 GGC called as well. They seemed to have grown another foot since Christmas ! The 13 year old is as tall as myself---5'6 already and still growing. Always lovely to see them as the family have been through a bad patch of late but they seemed none the worse.

The children's dad is still in ICU and remains very ill with pneumonia and sepsis but whether he'll pull through this time we don't know we'll have to wait. He was in an induced coma. So sad sad

Just some tidying up to do though I could do with getting really stuck in to some real cleaning but I'll leave it until Spring when I've got some more energy.

Hoping everyone steers clear from the germs but healing thoughts to those who are ill and hope things improve. Enjoy the day best you can.

( getting lighter by the minute I notice, yippee )

gillybob Thu 23-Jan-20 09:05:09

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a reasonably bright start to Thursday.

I am pottering around enjoying my second cuppa of the day waiting for DH to stir after another disturbed night . Then off to “that bloomin’ place” for a few hours of torture and catch up.

Tomorrow DH has an appointment with the consultant anaesthetist who looked after him on ICU where he will be invited to look around the unit . We will attend the appointment but he doesn’t want to visit the unit as he is still having some nightmares and doesn’t want to make anything worse by seeing it again. Part of the problem is he knows he has to have more surgery again very soon which must be a very frightening prospect considering what happened last time .

Might treat myself to a bunch of my very favourite daffodils if Morrisons have any today, they never fail to cheer me up.

Have a good Thursday everyone. Hope those feeling poorly or a little under the weather feel better soon.

Love Gillybob x

Pittcity Thu 23-Jan-20 09:00:17

Good morning from a grey Colchester. Feels warmer though. I much prefer cold and sunny!
Housework this morning.
Ooh Rufus Sewell is on BBC Breakfast now .......

Marydoll Thu 23-Jan-20 08:57:16

Good morning all from a relatively mild Glasgow.

I'm late (for me) posting today, I overdid it yesterday, so a gentle day for me today, until nursery pick up.
I picked up my bereaved SIL at 9am, got home at 3pm and promptly fell asleep with a cuppa in my hand!
Is this an old lady thing? I never used to do that! grin.
I told DH we would only be a couple of hours!

Wedding cake purchased yesterday, so that's another tick on the spreadsheet! We also bagged a few bargains like you Ginny!

Enjoy your day, evryone and sending healing vibes to all the sick bay patients.

NannyJan53 Thu 23-Jan-20 08:55:32

Rufus Sewell on BBC1 now kitty smile

Anniebach Thu 23-Jan-20 08:55:20

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Thu 23-Jan-20 08:47:24

Good morning all from a very dull and damp Northampton.
Stayed in the warm all day yesterday, and will do the same today I think. I will give ballet class a miss and DDiL has texted me to say that I don't need to pick DGD up from school this afternoon.
A load of washing to put on and then await the Sainsbury's delivery, and will make a start on our next bookclub book - it's a massive tome, Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood. DD assures me it is excellent.
Had another go yesterday at my old email account, and lo and behold it decided to accept the password, and I am now back on the old familiar site. I am a happy bunny!
Best wishes (commiserations) to fellow sufferers, stay in and keep warm!

Urmstongran Thu 23-Jan-20 08:44:44

Good morning everyone from a very wet and chilly Malaga. Next week looks glorious but we fly home on Saturday!

We are meeting friends this lunchtime who are all neighbours in this apartment block and will get two taxis to take us all to a popular Italian restaurant.

Talking of names - the little bar that we all like for our ladies wine afternoon each week has a new waiter who often seems to serve us. We asked his name & its Rafael. Once he was out of earshot one of the ladies said of him ‘nay, he looks more like a ‘Bert’!’ Bert he will be forever (to us). He is small, 60ish and no oil painting. Not that we are I hasten to add - but it did make us all chuckle!

Take care today Mick on your travels.

Hope Thursday is good to us all whether we have any plans or none. x