Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Sat 25-Jan-20 06:40:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry and cold here in Brackley this morning.
Started to feel normal again , weight slight increase , had a couple of beers yesterday.
Booked up with my trips for a break in Harrogate Nidd Hall in late August with them.
Usual Saturday bus journeys and browse of Buckingham Flea market .
Mick

Auntieflo Sat 25-Jan-20 13:33:09

Thank you GrannyGravy, for reminding me of the washing.
We have been out, come home and I prepared a beef stew/ casserole for tomorrow, in the slow cooker. While having my lunch I was catching up on GN and realised that I had put a load in the washing machine, to put on when we returned.
Of course I forgot it, but now it's whirring away. Thanks.

Marilla Sat 25-Jan-20 12:27:03

For Gillybob.
A very dear friend of mine works in ICU and I have often heard her speak of patient visits.

Your husband’s visit also helps the staff! They don’t always get to see the final outcome of their patients as they are taken off the ward once they have reached a certain point in their recovery. For the staff to see a patient walk into the ward who had been under their care, perhaps in a coma for weeks even months is such a boost for their morale. Perhaps looking at a visit from their side of things may help. X

GrannyGravy13 Sat 25-Jan-20 11:44:56

Good morning Mick and all x (just)

Mommawolf how funny, that man will dine out on his “adventure” for weeks!!

Pleased to hear folks are on the mend and venturing out.

It’s grey and damp in SE Essex, have just returned from Aldi and I should be assessing the washing situation but instead I am on GNgrin

Keep warm and dry folks

Kalu Sat 25-Jan-20 11:44:35

Good morning from yet another dreich day in Glasgow.

Hope things are as well as can be oldgaijin and you and the mutt have a pleasant day

You’re exploits of a day on the farm had me smiling as I imagined the whole scenario Mommawolf.

Hope you have a well earned enjoyable day Dragonfly

Good to hear you had a chance to unload all yesterday Marydoll that in itself help to make you feel more positive. ?

Nice to hear you enjoyed your day off yesterday Harris and yet another lunch to look forward too with your DH. Bon appétit

I’m not surprised your DH doesn’t want to look at anything reminding him of such a traumatic experience gilly, poor man. Understandably terrified of going back in there. Hoping he doesn’t have to wait too long until all this awful time he is having will soon be a thing of the past?

A faffing day for me too Bellasnana I quite enjoy days like this. A good time to get those tedious little tasks off the list?
Sorry to hear some troubles are bothering you. Hoping things smooth over quickly but until they do, make the most of a lovely day having tea and hopefully scones with DD3?

Healing vibes for those of you still stuck in the sick bay and strength to those of you with struggles.

Have a pleasant day all..

Sark Sat 25-Jan-20 11:24:37

Good Morning everyone
Thank you for so many posts yesterday following our kitchen ceiling nightmare
Just had brunch for my Dad's birthday.
Mommawolf Absolutely priceless and thank you... I read it to my Dad and was lovely to see him laugh so much!
Sounds good mapleleaf we have just been watching a green woodpecker in the garden.
Hope everyone has a good day and thinking of all on the sick list

Harris27 Sat 25-Jan-20 10:43:56

Good morning all had lovely day off yesterday and lunch out. Out today with hubby and another lunch out definitely doing the rounds on this pre birthday weekend! Have a good day all x

gillybob Sat 25-Jan-20 10:24:22

How’s the new mini EMMYPEMMY ? envy

EMMYPEMMY Sat 25-Jan-20 10:05:19

Good Morning, New carpet fitted hall, stairs and landing looks nice after the decorating finishes it off nicely
Cats a nuisance this morning. 3 Bengals.... Do not want to go out in Catio but cause mayhem inside...
Dreary, dark and rainy. May venture out p.m.

Anniebach Sat 25-Jan-20 09:55:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Bellasnana Sat 25-Jan-20 09:40:31

Good morning from Malta where it is quite cloudy but with bright spots peeking through. Temp is 16°C which we consider on the cool side.

I howled with laughter at your account, Mommawolf. I bet the man from the water company will be a lot more cautious in future.?

I’m having what kittylester would call a pootling and faffing sort of day. A bit of laundry, run the vacuum round, brush the dog etc. This afternoon DD3 is picking me up and we are going for tea somewhere. I fancy a nice scone.

Best wishes to all, especially those poorly or with troubles. I have a few of those myself but not for a public forum.
Have a good day all.sunshine

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 25-Jan-20 09:40:11

Just to add, momma wolf, you did make me laugh.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 25-Jan-20 09:38:56

Good morning from east London, dull and grey but no rain yet. Sorting papers at home today to do with late BiL, making sure we’ve got everything in place. DSiL has the responsibility of organising the funeral while we are sorting out all other responsibilities/authorities etc. Never done anything like this before; my DB2 has been very helpful as he dealt with both my parents then DS1’s affairs. I feel a walk coming on. Hope you all have a reasonable day.

moggie Sat 25-Jan-20 09:37:36

Good morning Mick & all from damp, grey Nottingham.
Cooking this morning & walk this afternoon with DD & dogs.
Burns night supper with family this evening.
Loved your post mommawolf made me chuckle.
Best wishes & thoughts with all not well, struggling or have worries.
Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Sat 25-Jan-20 09:20:33

Thanks NannyJ it’s only a cold now.

Do let us know how the show goes tonight. I would like to be there.

Mapleleaf Sat 25-Jan-20 09:19:55

Good morning everyone. It's somewhat dreary outside this morning. I don't think we'll get much sunshine today.

Mommawolf thank you for cheering up the start to my day with such an hilarious recount of what happened. ?

Glad you were able to voice your concerns at the hospital, Marydoll and hope it has allayed some of your fears.

We are going to a panto today. It's an amateur dramatics group who put it on but they are always excellent. Looking forward to it.

RSPB birdwatch this weekend, so plan to spend an hour between today and Monday (probably today) to count how many visit within the hour.

Glad you are feeling better, mick and able to go about your travels again.

To all unwell or worried, I send my best wishes for a better day today. Take care all. ?

gillybob Sat 25-Jan-20 09:19:16

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dull start to Saturday.

Feeling very tired this morning after a bit of a rotten night .

DH’s appointment with the critical care Anaesthetist team went well yesterday (we were with them almost 2 hours ) and they did lots of tests to see how “back to normal he is” after a long time on life support. Apparently they are collecting data in order to analysis the after effects of being in an induced coma and on a ventilator . I admit there were a few awkward moments when I would have liked to say more but decided not to . He scored top marks for the mathematical tests which even the consultant said he would have struggled to do as quick with a calculator !

DH is still having the most horrendous dreams related to his stay in ICU although he cannot remember much about it . We have a diary that I was encouraged to keep (alongside the nurses) with photographs but DH is very reluctant to look at it yet. He also refused and accompanied visit to the unit itself. I think one of the main in things holding him back is the fact that he needs more surgery very soon the thought of which is terrifying .

I could picture that man from the water company running around the fields being chased by various animals Mommawolf it’s a pity you didn’t capture it on video, it would have been very funny with the Benny Hill theme playing in the background as suggested by Harrigran grin

Alpaca eggs sound interesting Nannytopsy hmm sadly we tend only to get hens eggs in these parts , but being in the NE we tend to catch up a bit later . wink

Glad your appointments “fell into place” Marydoll and that you were able to unburden yourself a little . It does make you feel better to get things off your chest doesn’t it ?

Hope you have a lovely day out today dragonfly you deserve it after such gruelling treatment .

We have a Boundary Mill outlet not too far from us Ginny it’s ages since I have been but it’s one of those massive places that sells everything but the kitchen sink . They also (as I recall) have a wonderful cookshop .
Yes, Marydoll (ever so slight shopaholic) I think you would be in your element there smile

Sending warm thoughts and good wishes to all those feeling poorly or sad especially oldGaijin .

Enjoy Saturday whether you have grand plans, or like me nothing much on.

Love to all,

Gillybob x

Pittcity Sat 25-Jan-20 09:11:42

Good morning from a grey damp Colchester. I am joining the "doing as little as possible" brigade this weekend. A short walk to Lidl to top up supplies is all that is necessary.

NannyJan53 Sat 25-Jan-20 09:11:41

Good Morning from a dull and damp Black Country.

That was so funny Mommawolf thanks for lifting the spirits on a dull damp morning smile

Sorry you are in the sick bay again NanKate hopefully it won't last long.

So pleased to hear that you feel lighter in spirit now Marydoll.

Our living room needs to be decorated this year kitty and I am partly dreading it as it will be such and upheaval. When we moved in the last elderly owners had installed what my daughter calls "disco lights". 10 huge bulbs along the back edge of the room. Two of them are green! So they have to go, and a false ceiling installed with new wiring.

This afternoon we are off to Birmingham to see The Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight! Travelling by train then staying in a hotel overnight. Looking forward to that.

Wishing all a lovely weekend. With special thoughts to all who are unwell or struggling.

MawB Sat 25-Jan-20 09:07:05

Loved your story Mommawolf - we buy free range eggs from a farm with alpacas and often have alpaca eggs for breakfast. ?
confusedconfused nannytopsy
Are they like haggis eggs which we always have on the morning of Burns Night?

lavenderzen Sat 25-Jan-20 09:04:31

Good morning all from a dreary dismal Derbyshire. No rain at the moment thank goodness.
Cheered me up to read about the animals Mommawolf.
Quiet day today. Hope everyone who is poorly or has worries soon starts to feel better.

Auntieflo Sat 25-Jan-20 08:57:39

Good morning Michael< Annie and all others.
I just looked up from my 'typing' and it was all in CAPS. (Not shouting, honest).
Oh this thread is good for the soul. Welcoming, warm and oh so funny at times.
Mommawolf, thank you for my first laugh of the day, you described it so well.
Marydoll have an easy day. Not easy for you to do nothing, but we look forward to some more novellas, soon.
Yesterday I baked a Date and Walnut cake, and then painted a bedroom window cill. Then my physio appointment was good. I feel as though my back/hip is actually responding.
Hoping Mr Gillybob had a good hospital visit yesterday.

To all those with worries and sadness, I wish you well.
Have a good day one and all and enjoy your weekend.

Newquay Sat 25-Jan-20 08:52:13

Oh yes what a funny start to the day Mommawolf! DH and I laughed while sipping our first cuppa. Grey but dry here in Staffs.
Going for afternoon tea at lunchtime for DGD2’s 21st. Will go early so we can have a walk first (to justify eating cake-lol!).

Nannytopsy Sat 25-Jan-20 08:48:18

Good morning Mick and all who follow.
It’s grey but dry in Suffolk too but there is talk of some brighter weather next week.
I have a line of matchpots too, for the sitting room. Can we arrange to share please?
Loved your story Mommawolf - we buy free range eggs from a farm with alpacas and often have alpaca eggs for breakfast. ?
Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Sat 25-Jan-20 08:40:51

Hello and good morning from a rather cloudy and grey Northampton. Not a happy bunny this morning as my rugby team played rubbish last night and lost! Glad I didn't go.
Nothing planned for today except get through the papers, attempt the cryptic crossword and watch another recorded film this afternoon. Watched 'Rear Window' yesterday afternoon (starring the lovely Grace Kelly and James Stewart). Really enjoyed it.
Hope everyone has the best day they can.

harrigran Sat 25-Jan-20 08:38:10

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Nothing planned for today, just wait to see if family are going to call, haven't seen them since New Year's day.
Made a big pot of leek and potato soup yesterday, will be having some with freshly baked bread.
Mommawolf I could hear the Benny Hill music as I was reading your post, there is nothing like a running man to excite animals ?
Best wishes to those who are poorly.