Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Sun 26-Jan-20 06:08:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry this morning in Brackley.
Usual Sunday prepared a been casserole for lunch.
I brought some so called "Norfolk Punch" yesterday, mainly to help with flue etc which I have had , have not had in under that name for years , for a herbal drink its good .
What was even more surprising, its produced about 10 miles north of Brackley but has that Norfolk Punch branding.
Mick

Rufus2 Mon 27-Jan-20 07:27:14

Is it possible for someone to do a list of abbreviations for dim people like me? Good site though!
Hobo You can easily make up your own list! hmm
I've done so and it's a good therapeutic exercise, but don't publish it!. If you don't fancy DH you certainly won't fancy DBH! Sounds like GBH when said quickly!
"OG" is handy, although my darling Vera would use that occasionally with an "S" at the front; that's the beauty of personalised lists; if you do use them everyone can interpret them as they wish!
Btw; we were married 62 years, so it works! wink
OoRoo

Megs36 Sun 26-Jan-20 13:52:29

Hobo, top of the page Acronyms, personally though I prefer the whole word ??

Hobo Sun 26-Jan-20 13:48:23

Hi everyone,.
I've recently found this site, it's so good to read all the interesting snippets and stories. My problem is I'm not sure of the abbreviations, like DH, I thought it was dear husband but surely not everyone calls their husband dear! I've been married for 52 years and much as I love the old chap I don't call him dear. Is it possible for someone to do a list of abbreviations for dim people like me? Good site though enjoy getting the emails daily, so big thanks for that.

Willynilly Sun 26-Jan-20 13:40:20

We never really got on with cockerels Mommawolf, although I did have some fabulously colourful strutting specimens. And once when I raised several chicks from eggs I found to my horror that each and every one was a flippin’ cockerel!

Sark Sun 26-Jan-20 12:45:40

Thinking of you Applegran
I imagine it will be a big change for you and you will miss them greatly to start with...I would if ours moved away from here.
As you say it will be ok.flowers

Mapleleaf Sun 26-Jan-20 12:35:48

Good afternoon, everyone.

It's turned wet and miserable now after a brightish start.

I'm late posting today as have been busy with various chores, including preparing the beef stew which is now in the slow pot for our evening meal.

Had an enjoyable afternoon at the panto yesterday. It brought a few laughs and we all left in a happy mood. We then decided to pop out for our tea as we'd missed lunch and felt rather hungry!

Happy birthday, Nina ??? and happy anniversary Sar53 ??. Hope you are both enjoying your day.

Take care one and all. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 26-Jan-20 12:17:02

Good (very late) morning Mick and all

Grey but dry here in SE Essex.

Just got back from having a late breakfast at a lovely little cafe/tea shop at the other end of our road.

Roast Lamb for dinner, I think it’s just us two today.

Happy Birthday Nina ??

Happy Anniversary Sar53 ?

Keep out of trouble GMs

NanKate Sun 26-Jan-20 11:32:14

Welcome from me Haze can I have a piece of your roulade please ?

A very happy Birthday Nina ?

Scentia Sun 26-Jan-20 11:08:10

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire.
My vegan burns supper went down well last night.

Who knew red cabbage went purple when it was boiled!!

A quiet day contemplating for me today.
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Applegran Sun 26-Jan-20 11:04:45

Happy birthday Nina, from a rainy Somerset. I will wait a bit for the rain to ease before going out for my walk. Am quite enjoying catching up with my daughter and her family's laundry! They are away, and when they get back are moving house - so it feels good to be useful in a small way. They are going many hundreds of miles away - I will miss them! A lot! And I will miss being able to help, collect the children from school sometimes, eat meals together, and generally share part of our lives. But I know that grown up children make their own lives and their own choices and I wish them happiness in their move. I'll be OK - it will just take a while for feelings to digest themselves, and I will visit them too.

Mommawolf Sun 26-Jan-20 10:58:08

WILLYNILLY, yes we have hens and a very bad tempered cockeral we were joined last month by six rescue ex cage hens they came wearing little knitted jackets as very few feathers. My sister who lives in the farm cottage at the other end of the drive has just taken in six rescue geese. Better than any guard dogs.

Kalu Sun 26-Jan-20 10:42:32

Good morning from Glasgow. I have just remembered, Elderflower Cordial is supposedly good for a cough. Thankfully my cough is at last, tailing off.

Had a lovely night with friends for our annual Burns Supper. Many laughs and catching up was such a tonic at this time of year.

Looking forward to making a start in the garden today, so therapeutic but nowadays, slowly but surely with coffee stops to sit and admire our efforts?

Happy birthday Nina??? and Happy anniversary Sar ??

Hope everyone has a good day.

Urmstongran Sun 26-Jan-20 10:23:10

Welcome to you, newbie Hazel93
?

Rufus we certainly don’t come back to Manchester for the weather! The grandchildren tug on our heartstrings as they are only 3y and 7y.

You have a very busy week ahead of you by the sounds of it Maw. I hope you sleep well tonight. But if you overthink it you won’t, which is anxiety inducing in itself. Annoying.

I can’t believe your husband was able to get out for a short walk yesterday gillybob that’s real progress.

Willynilly Sun 26-Jan-20 10:22:11

Morning Mick et al, happy birthday Nina and congratulations to Sar and to Bellasnana.
Mommawolf I do love your posts, they remind me of a previous life. Do you keep hens? I do so miss my girls.
Mary my mother is a great one for recycling old magazines, they go through several households until too dog eared to read.
The mention of Sunday lunch reminds me of the ‘off’ pork I inadvertently cooked last week. The supermarket concerned have not handled it well and I won’t be using them again!
Anyway, have a good day folks.

moggie Sun 26-Jan-20 10:11:19

Good morning Mick & all from Dry, bright Nottingham.
No plans today, see what the day brings.
Happy Birthday nina & happy anniversary sar.
Hope your DH gets his op soon gillybob
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

Dowsabella Sun 26-Jan-20 09:52:18

Good morning from sunny Derby!! sunshine Not sure how long it will last though. There's a mackerel sky coming across, and I'm a pessimist! But I'll enjoy it while it lasts. smile

Nortsat46 Sun 26-Jan-20 09:51:54

Morning Mick and the GM team.
Happy anniversary Sar and happy birthday Nina ???

I agree everyone’s planned meals sound lovely. I have said it before ... and will say it again- I am available to stand in for any guests who have cancelled. I (my partner is available too) can be witty and amusing, discuss politics if required and am willing to masquerade as a relative/neighbour/colleague/waif or stray.

If no offers are forthcoming ... then it’s roast pork in our house today.

All good wishes to those in the GM sick bay and those facing challenges and sadness today. ?

Pantglas2 Sun 26-Jan-20 09:38:52

Morning all from a blowy north Wales where DH has just brought my chamberpot of tea and papers to me me while I loll abed! Love those last two words - especially on a wintry Sunday!

Welcome back Urmstongran- strange to find better weather here than in Spain isn’t it! That Norfolk Punch sounds delish Mick and very comforting if you’re under the weather - need to send some over to the sick bay to help them b@ck wellness!

Some of you are having lovely meals today - not sure where to just turn up in the hope of being fed - roast chicken, rump steak, beef casserole, lamb, roulade......ooh I’m salivating as I type!

To all with celebrations, congrats and best wishes for happy outcomes for all with worries x

whywhywhy Sun 26-Jan-20 09:31:48

Good morning from a cloudy and dry Market Harborough.

Having lunch out today then glass painting this afternoon.

Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering illness, depression or fedup. Xx

Curlywhirly Sun 26-Jan-20 09:27:08

Good morning everyone from a dull, but not too cold Cheshire. Off to visit DGC soon, then out for a run in the car to find a good dog walking spot in our lovely Cheshire countryside. All washing and ironing up to date, and off to celebrate Chinese New Year this evening at our local, but very good Chinese restaurant, so easy day for me! Happy birthday Nina and hope you all have a lovely and hopefully, relaxing Sunday.

gillybob Sun 26-Jan-20 09:25:46

Good morning from the NE coast where we had a dull start but it seems to be brightening up.

Had a little walk out with DH yesterday (not very far) but he managed quite well with one stick. Could have probably done a bit more but he can’t go very long without needing the loo due to that massive bladder stone pressing down. Oh I hope he can get a cancellation sooner than the planned operation on 24th February which is a month away yet.

I treat myself to the new Kate Atkinson book (just come into paperback and half price in WH Smith) which I might start later today.

I Enjoy reading about your animal antics Mommawolf. I find bees quite fascinating and would love to have hives if I had a big garden . I grow quite a few bee friendly plants and we have one of the very few proper gardens around where we live so we do get quite a few visiting bees.

You sound like you had a lot of fun at yesterday’s visit to the hairdressers for the wedding hair trial, Marydoll smile
The hairdresser is one of those places I visit as least as possible as I can’t bear looking at myself in the mirror . Crazy I know.

Happy anniversary Sar53 and Happy Birthday Nina I hope you both have a lovely day full of flowers wine and sunshine

Thinking of all those feeling sad or poorly .

Have a good Sunday everyone .

Love Gillybob x

BlueSapphire Sun 26-Jan-20 09:20:30

Good morning all from Northampton where it has been raining, but brightening up now. Woke up at 6.30 am, but went back to sleep till just before 9.
Out for lunch today with all the family to celebrate DD's AND DSil's birthdays. DD was last Sunday and her husband's is on Tuesday. Must get presents wrapped. I have been perusing the restaurant menu on line, trying to decide what to have.
Wishing everyone a good Sunday.

hazel93 Sun 26-Jan-20 09:18:22

Thanks for the welcome Mary !
A ton of spuds now peeled . Now to roll the roulade - always rather hit and miss I find !

GrannySomerset Sun 26-Jan-20 09:15:45

Brighter here at present and hope it lasts. Recovering from yesterday’s little adventure, when I ran over something which punctured both nearside tyres. AA took 75 minutes to reach us and get car into fit position to be towed to our local garage where it now languishes until Monday. Fortunately DH was with me or he would have been completely panic stricken - he doesn’t answer the phone, and neither set of near neighbours was at home to pass on the message. In the end the whole business took over three hours. I shudder to think what it will all cost!

Church this morning and maybe a short walk if it stays fine.

Mommawolf Sun 26-Jan-20 09:09:23

BELLASNANA bees are amazing creatures, and regarded as part of the family. They are told of births, deaths, marriages and important news. My grandfather's first act on returning home on market day was to tell his bees all the news. Old ways die hard, while not all colonies die its often the way. Sometimes the queen will initiate a swarming. We underestimate the natural world sometimes. My granddaughter has already earmarked the excess wax for candle making.