Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Tue 28-Jan-20 06:10:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but looks cold and dry outside this morning in Brackley .
Usual Housework , and then bus trips out, doing my social meets with some I have met through a bus route.
Coffees and shopping in a small amounts.
In both Buckingham ,and Bicester.
Mick

BladeAnnie Tue 28-Jan-20 10:04:51

Good morning all from a chilly cold mid Notts. Gillybob I feel like I know you after following your awful journey so sending you my very best wishes that your DH will be soon on the mend. Ginster my DOH and I loved 1917 when we went last week but we both like war films so can understand that it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Have a good day everyone and special thoughts to our friends with troubles of any kind x

Kalu Tue 28-Jan-20 10:05:03

Good morning from a very chilly Glasgow ?

Hoping your appointment has a positive outcome Marydoll. That hill is a killer indeed.
Sorry to hear your DH is back in hospital gilly
Best wishes to you and the mutt Oldgaijin

Started on a stronger dose of pain control meds. yesterday and they are knocking me sideways. Cloudy head and unsteady which means I can’t drive. ?I am sticking with it hoping things settle but, if not, I will figure out a suitable dosage I can cope with?

Won’t be doing much today.

Best wishes to all in the sick bay and a pleasant day to all.

Marydoll Tue 28-Jan-20 10:17:52

Kalu flowers Take care!

dragonfly46 Tue 28-Jan-20 10:42:16

Good late morning.

So sorry to hear about Mr Gilly - sending you much love and best wishes.

I hope all you poorly people feel better soon, Kalu and Mr Lins to name but a few.
Hope the cardiac appointment goes well Mary.

Bathsheba Tue 28-Jan-20 10:50:39

Gillybob so sorry to read of Mr G's setback. Sending love and prayers, hope all resolves very soon flowers

Nortsat46 Tue 28-Jan-20 11:20:01

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
Sending good thoughts to Oldgaijin, the Gillybobs, Marydoll and to all who are facing challenges today.
DoraMarr - what a poppet.

We had a very nice family lunch yesterday and my partner’s cousin had made a delicious seeded bread ... which was much praised and enjoyed.

We stayed too long chatting and reminiscing, then we got caught in the rush hour traffic on the way home. It took us 2 hours to drive 8 miles ...
We were really tired when we got home and slept like logs last night.

Have a good day, all. ?

Mapleleaf Tue 28-Jan-20 11:43:03

Morning everyone,

It's cold and sunny here at the moment, but it keeps clouding over and raining.

So sorry to read your husband is back in hospital gilly and send you best wishes and the hope that something will now be done to help Mr Gilly. Take care ?

Best wishes to all other GN's going through trials and tribulations.

eazybee Tue 28-Jan-20 11:43:47

Oh Gillybob. Hope something positive comes out of your husband's admission to hospital and that they are able to operate and relieve his pain.

FrancesLilian Tue 28-Jan-20 12:29:24

Hello All, I’m a new member. Just registered! Am just a bit confused trying to work out what all the capital letters mean! Also I have just ordered an alarm recommended on this granset sight, but, haven’t received an email confirming my purchase. Bit of a worry don’t you all think. I live in hope all is well with my order! Best wishes to you all on this beautiful sunny day here in north London.

dragonfly46 Tue 28-Jan-20 12:31:28

Welcome FrancesLilian

Marydoll Tue 28-Jan-20 12:58:05

Good morning, FrancesLilian, go to the top of the page, look at the Acronyms tab on the left hand side and the meanings of the capital letters will be revealed! grin

MawB Tue 28-Jan-20 12:58:40

Bellasnana it is indeed the Guthrie - it’s Twelfth Night and she is the designer, so once it opens they can come home and she gets ready for the Strauss opera Frau Ohne Schatten in Amsterdam .

GrannyGravy13 Tue 28-Jan-20 13:23:38

Sorry to hear your news regarding Mr.Gillybob Gillybob, sending virtual love and hugs at this worrying time.

Urmstongran Tue 28-Jan-20 13:41:57

No post today from EllenVannin? She has been really unwell, scarily so for her at times she said.

Are you alright Ellen? x

Marydoll Tue 28-Jan-20 13:43:43

That is worrying, she is on every day.

Bellasnana Tue 28-Jan-20 15:41:55

Maw that’s fantastic! What a lovely job to have! ?

Harris27 Tue 28-Jan-20 16:00:52

Morning all had the best time away and it’s been a lovely weekend of celebrations feel warm inside despite hacking cough and asthma flare up probably all the excitement and the cold. Never mind much to be thankful for. Thanks to all who sent me birthday wishes meant a lot. Hope things get better for you gillybob. Fingers crossed. Hope all that are unwell get better soon.