Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Wed 29-Jan-20 06:12:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry and cold here in Brackley at the moment.
Today, I plan to bus into Banbury and get the Downton DVD, then after lunch go to Bicester on the direct bus service, as I have a free coffee on my voucher from café I use.
Hopefully then a quiet day in.
Mick

Nannytopsy Wed 29-Jan-20 08:37:11

Morning Mick and all his followers. DH has gone to have his leg dressed while I wait to see if the landscapers will come this morning.
We did four garden centres yesterday, on the hunt for ground cover plants to stabilise the bank. Now to plant, although it’s rather cold so far today.
Best wishes to everyone

harrigran Wed 29-Jan-20 08:55:31

Good morning from a cold clear NE, the sun is streaming across the bedroom.
Last night there was crescent moon and Venus clearly visible.
Nothing planned for today but DH might go to his weekly meeting with old workmates.
Thinking of the gillybobs and hoping we hear better news today.

Alygran Wed 29-Jan-20 08:56:24

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It a lovely sunny morning.
DGS is 11 today so I am off to Derbyshire to collect him from school and take him out for coffee and a snack. He didn’t open his presents before school as Daddy had already gone to work. He doesn’t know yet that he is going to the football at the Etihad tonight. Not often City play United in a semi final on your birthday!
Gilly so sorry to hear about your setback. Hope there has been some improvement since yesterday. Dragonfly hope you feel better today.
Hope today is kind to everyone

gillybob Wed 29-Jan-20 08:57:31

Good morning from the NE coast where it is very windy.

DH remains in hospital with a, yet to be identified infection . He is on intravenous antibiotics and is quite poorly. I can’t quite believe this is happening as he was doing so well. I suspect it has stemmed from an UTI caused by the massive bladder stone .
Why does the NHS never seem to join the dots and get people treated properly instead of sticking Elastoplastover things “until later” . I can’t understand it and it’s so frustrating .

Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone and those feeling poorly or just under the weather feel better soon.

Thank you all for your good wishes,
Love gillybob xx

Grammaretto Wed 29-Jan-20 09:04:37

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where the sun is is shining and I may sit outside for coffee. It's DS birthday today but he's the other side of the world. I often suspect he emigrated to be able to celebrate in the summer.

Nannytopsy you can have our comfrey and rosebay willowherb for free. I'm sure they hold up our bank.

I was so sad to read of the Gillybobs' setback and pray it's temporary. Sorry too that your hands are like pincushions Dragonfly and that your medication makes you feel unwell Marydoll. DH is the same. He's supposed to take BP meds but they seem to make him depressed and tired.
We are a load of crocks, never mind a clique, on the Good Morning thread!
I intend to make it to my craft group this morning.
Hope everyone has a happy day.

Anniebach Wed 29-Jan-20 09:05:44

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grammaretto Wed 29-Jan-20 09:07:01

Gillybob flowers ((hugs))

Mapleleaf Wed 29-Jan-20 09:08:31

Morning all,

Bright and dry here today, but not sure how cold it is as I've not ventured outside yet.

Lins1066, I missed your post yesterday about your DH, so I'm glad to read that he is much better today.

I think you will enjoy the Downton Abbey film, mick. I went to the pictures to see it and enjoyed it, though you have to suspend belief a little bit!

I hope that we hear better news from gilly today, and to all going through treatments, feeling unwell, sad or lonely, I hope today brings a bit of brightness to you. ?

dragonfly46 Wed 29-Jan-20 09:14:48

I hope your DH responds to the meds quickly this time gilly flowers

GrannySomerset Wed 29-Jan-20 09:25:10

Just off to collect car (enormous bill) and then a quick supermarket. DH has U3A Latin here this afternoon and I have the book group here tomorrow so some decent biscuits are called for.

Thinking of Gilly and sympathising with her justified anger.

Pantglas2 Wed 29-Jan-20 09:32:13

Morning all from a bright north Wales where I’ve been up and about for a while as I’m out for lunch with a friend from primary school days. We don’t see each other very often so good to catch up once a year.

Thanks for the update Gillybob- hope things improve quickly and for all you grans with illness and worries. My DH goes in for hip op next week and I’ve started fretting quietly which is my way of coping - ‘all will be well, and all manner of things will be well etc’

Enjoy your day, those who have lovely things planned x

lavenderzen Wed 29-Jan-20 09:47:10

Good morning everyone from the hills of Derbyshire.
Snow has gone, slightly overcast though, might be some on the way. Shopping today and then a walk with my dog.
Take care all, hope poorly people and those with worries start to improve.

BladeAnnie Wed 29-Jan-20 10:16:49

Morning all - I'm today looking after my 5 month old DGD as her mummy has a migraine and feels quite poorly. She is such a lovely smiley little girl, it is an absolute joy to have her. Hoping all our poorly friends soon feel better- thinking of you all. Have a good Wednesday x

MawB Wed 29-Jan-20 10:17:08

Good morning from Walthamstow where it is sunny and very pleasant.
Delivered DGS to his pre-school, Pullin him all the way on his scooter (“my legs are tired”)
Fortunately no further sign of croup so perhaps it was just a cough like mine.
Meeting youngest DD and Otis in a bit for story time at the Library and I think coffee and lunch might feature afterwards. Frustrating experience for Gillybob but alas all too common.
Hope everybody else and their other halves are keeping well today and wishing you sunshine!

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jan-20 10:17:48

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where the sun’s up. All you clever people on here - I wouldn’t recognise Venus or any stars if they poked me in the eye.

We are off out in half an hour to take my 87y old stepfather to his hospital follow up appointment. He had his first cataract procedure pre Christmas and is hoping to be given a date today for the other eye.

From there we will all go for an M&S food shop and coffee and scones in their cafe. Take him home, unpack my shopping then pick up our grandson from school as we have told him we will take him to his favourite cafe for his tea. He always chooses ham sandwiches (they cut the crusts off and look posh!) and a chocolate Brownie.

Hope the hospital can get your husband better soon this time gillybob it must be a worry (again). No word still from EllenVannin I hope she is okay.

Ah, Kendals on Deansgate in Manchester. When we got married in the early 70’s I worked at the out patient department of the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital and sometimes used to pop into that store in my lunch hour. I often used to see Pat Phoenix and other actors from ‘Coronation Street’ doing their shopping! Happy days.

Hope Wednesday is good to us all whether we have plans or none. x

kittylester Wed 29-Jan-20 11:09:37

Alate good morning from a dullish North Leicestershire.

I'm all at 6s and 7s this morning and am there late posting.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband gilly and I hope they can clear up his infection quickly and then sort his op out.

dragonfly, I hope you feel better by now. You must be so cheesed off!

Gingster Wed 29-Jan-20 11:24:29

A beautiful sunrise on the Suffolk coast but a little frost on the ground

whywhywhy Wed 29-Jan-20 11:34:36

Good morning from a beautiful sunny Market Harborough. I got on the scales this morning and heavier than ever. So I've been out and had a walk and now determined to kick start this diet. This is a minor thing compared to all who are suffering, depressed or fedup today.
Sending love and hugs to everyone.
MRI scan tonight on neck and back to see what is giving me the pins and needles down left arm and fingers. X

conor Wed 29-Jan-20 11:34:44

Good morning from a beautiful, cold sunny day in Essex. School run and then walk in woods with DGS2. So delightful to just walk and chat with no agenda or timetable. He was reading all the numbers on the lamposts today(I had never noticed that they had numbers!!) Playtime then school run again. Hope the sun keeps shining?
So upset to hear about Mr Gillybobs. Hope the nightmare doesn't start again and that something can be done very soon. Sending good wishes to everyone with worries or troubles xxx

moggie57 Wed 29-Jan-20 12:42:52

Feeling better today.cat had teeth out yesterday.had to be there early.lucky church friend offered me s lift.waited in all day so had extra nap.had to go out in freezi g cold to pick lucky up.rush hour on roads .went by bus came back by bus.fat lump had teeth out and fluids .so he was heavier than usual.took hour to get home and in the warm.was so knackered had tea jacket potato and cup of hot choc.watched dvd and went to bed at 10pm.over slept today.had shower.gave cat medicine.and here i am texting for half hour.might go to charity shop today as got to take lucky back for check up tomorrow.out to worthing/ferring on friday.very cold and sunny out.need to get dressed now.hang washing out.

OPgrndtr Wed 29-Jan-20 19:47:22

Good Afternoon GN, It is just after lunch here in mid-USA, and I just read your morning posts to cheer myself up. I really appreciate the concerns for those of us with health issues and worries. My health is under control, but it has been five weeks since I lost Mum. DH and I are still sorting out her estate. Thank you for the little lift. x

Marydoll Wed 29-Jan-20 19:49:39

Good evening, OPgrndtr and welcome.
Sorry to hear about your mum. flowers

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jan-20 19:55:22

Condolences OPgrntdr to you and your family. x

Sark Wed 29-Jan-20 20:14:21

Hello OPgrndtr
Sorry to hear about your Mum. Thinking of you x

whywhywhy Wed 29-Jan-20 20:20:15

OPgrndtr so sorry to hear about your mam. Sending much love and hugs xxx