Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-Jan-20 06:11:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley at the present moment.
Today, basic shopping essentials , and then have a easy day at home .
Nothing planned other than feet up, Tv etc.
Mick

Nortsat46 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:34:17

Good morning Mick and the GM team.

Mary I am so glad that you posted Oldgaijin’s message. It would have been awful if we hadn’t seen it and didn’t know.
She was in my thoughts several times, throughout the day yesterday. Lovely idea about the candles and flowers.

Oldgaijin your friend’s on GN are thinking of you and wishing you peace and serenity. I will raise a glass in your honour this evening. ?

I am waiting for a call from my GP and some adjustments to my meds ... then hoping for a better day.

Good thoughts to all, especially those facing challenges. ?

dragonfly46 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:37:38

Yes Mary you absolutely did the right thing by reposting oldgaijin’s message. I am sure she meant to post it on the right thread.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 31-Jan-20 08:38:16

Good morning from east London, dry, bit dull and mild here. Missed the posts yesterday as everything was focussed on BiL’s funeral,, which went as well as could be hoped, some lovely memories shared, meeting friends and family. Need to get moving as I need to go and hit a few tennis balls to set me up for the day.
Oldgaijin - peace and comfort to you and hope you see all the wonderful thoughts sent to you here.

Sar53 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:41:57

Good morning everyone from a dull Essex by the sea.
I too have been thinking about Oldgaijin and send my love.
Not a very exciting day here, food shopping this morning then we are off to a 50th party this evening, not sure I will know many people there.
Have a good day everyone.

Mommawolf Fri 31-Jan-20 08:46:16

A lovely thought NANKATE we have a small stream across the bottom meadow my friend has just suggested we find a small twisted willow at the garden centre to plant by the water.each year the catkins will pay tribute to a very brave lady.

Bathsheba Fri 31-Jan-20 08:55:33

Another thanks here Marydoll for reposting Oldgaijin's post yesterday. I doubt many of us would otherwise have been aware of her goodbye, and that would have been terribly sad.

I keep thinking about her, imagining her waking up to another day with this burden of knowledge. I told my DD about her and we both had tears in our eyes. Oldgaijin, if you're reading this, please know that you are not alone - there are so many people who are holding you in their hearts and in their prayers as you journey on. Stay strong dear lady xx

Anniebach Fri 31-Jan-20 08:56:32

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

vena11 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:59:28

Good morning from a dry Bristol.
I am just thinking about everyone and I hope you all have a good day.
Nothing much on today food shop in and house work up to date so maybe just a nice walk if it stays dry.
Take care everyone.

gillybob Fri 31-Jan-20 09:02:09

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dry start to Friday. Quite mild too.

DH is still quite poorly in hospital with yet another round of infections . I would like to say that he is in the best place but have my doubts . I can’t help but feel that this set back is another perfect excuse to further delay the operation that has put him there in the first place but we shall see.

Like others have said OldGaijin has been on my mind a lot and I am so glad you thought to copy over her message Marydoll . I do so love daffodils and will treat myself to a bunch today and display them in honour of this very brave lady, our Good Morning friend .

I love your idea of the willow by the stream Mommawolf how beautiful smile

Off to “that place” in a few minutes for a couple of hours of hell, then straight to the hospital. DH isn’t in our local hospital but another one in the city centre, which takes a lot of getting to in the middle of the day.....and don’t get me started on the stress (and cost) of parking .

I hope Friday is kind to all of us.

Love Gillybob xx

Willynilly Fri 31-Jan-20 09:03:08

Good morning Mick et al. A sad day here I’m afraid. Yesterday an emotional meet up with a dear friend whose adult child died suddenly, and then a death in our extended family.
You can feel the weight of sadness here too, Oldgaijin and those who are suffering ill health or worries. At least we are kind to each other here. Many are so much worse off than ourselves. I’m grateful for who I have in my life and what I have around me.
Take care today folks and be kind to yourselves too x

Susan56 Fri 31-Jan-20 09:06:14

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.
Mary,thank you for re posting oldgaijins message and NanKate a lovely idea,I shall buy some daffodils to put in the window today.Mommawolf,what a lovely tribute to oldgaijin.
Quiet day here.Like maw I will be recovering after a couple of days of childcare.
Hope your husband is improving gilly.?
Wishing everyone a good day.

Susan56 Fri 31-Jan-20 09:07:53

Gilly,crossed posts.I really hope this setback isn’t used as an excuse to delay your husbands surgery.Thinking of you both and sending strength and love.x

Greyduster Fri 31-Jan-20 09:27:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sky can’t make it s mind up whether to clear or pull the clouds further across. We were to have lunch with a friend today but she has had to postpone it, so DH and I are having lunch out and then, hopefully, a walk to blow away the cobwebs.
Kind thoughts to all who are struggling. Have the best day you can.

Pantglas2 Fri 31-Jan-20 09:33:15

Just popping back to show our first daffodil which appeared yesterday in solidarity with oldgaijin!

conor Fri 31-Jan-20 09:55:21

Good morning from a grey but mild Essex. So much sadness on this thread today so will just add my thoughts and prayers and certainly buy some daffodils for my windowsill. A symbol of hope. Xxx

Willynilly Fri 31-Jan-20 09:56:46

Lovely Pantglas2. I also meant to say how thoughtful to Nankate and Mommawolf. Marydoll and Gillybob flowers

lavenderzen Fri 31-Jan-20 10:12:36

Good morning all. Thank you Marydoll for letting us all know - can't get Oldgaijin out of my thoughts. Wishing everyone a good day, hoping that those with illness & those with worries have some respite and start to feel better.

harrigran Fri 31-Jan-20 10:14:37

Good morning from an overcast NE.
I have arranged to go out for lunch with a friend but I am extremely worried about DH, he fell downstairs last night and he is in great pain.

Mapleleaf Fri 31-Jan-20 10:20:23

Good morning,

It's rather grey and dull looking here this morning, but at least it is dry.

Marydoll, you did the right thing in reposting Oldgaijins message, as otherwise many of us would have missed her post and so would have been unaware of what has happened, so thank you. ?

Sending kind thoughts to all who are worried or unwell.

Urmstongran Fri 31-Jan-20 10:44:29

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where it’s dry but dull. I woke at 6:30am to go to the bathroom, felt quite awake but thought ‘nah, too early’. Went back to bed and slept for another 3 hours!

Going over to have a cuppa with my stepfather later. He’s had a lot on his mind lately to do with the sale of his house in the West Highlands but it’s full steam ahead now and he’s pleased.

Definitely a good thing you did there Marydoll pasting oldgaijin’s message to us all. I too kept thinking of her yesterday. She has been an incredibly brave lady.

Mommawolf what a lovely tribute.

Hope your husband is okay harrigran - that was some fall.

Once again you have a lot to bear gillybob and I wish you courage and good luck to deal with it all. Running your own business alongside the worry of city centre hospital visiting must be draining.

Today will be a day of mixed emotions for many. I hope it’s a day with kindness for everyone.

February beckons. x

NanKate Fri 31-Jan-20 10:57:26

Pantglas ??

Jaan12 Fri 31-Jan-20 11:18:37

Good morning from a dark and cloudy Fife. Thankfully the very strong wind from yesterday seems to have died down so may manage out to do some shopping this afternoon. Will wait to see what the weather is like later and then decide. Hope everyone has a good day.

Kalu Fri 31-Jan-20 11:31:28

Good morning from a much milder Glasgow.

Marydoll. I was very thankful you posted oldgaijin’s post. It would have been awful, had we missed it.

I will always remember you oldgaijin imagining you and the mutt walking in the woodies x

I share your thoughts Grammaretto

Wishing a better day for all with worries.

mumofmadboys Fri 31-Jan-20 11:34:07

With love and prayers for Oldgajiin. May you die peacefully and free from pain.xx

EllanVannin Fri 31-Jan-20 11:52:39

Oh dear, what have I come in to ?

I've " hibernated " from a thousand and one things that are going on within the family at the moment and can't get my head around anything.

Obviously something has gone on here so I won't add to it.