Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Fri 31-Jan-20 06:11:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in Brackley at the present moment.
Today, basic shopping essentials , and then have a easy day at home .
Nothing planned other than feet up, Tv etc.
Mick

MawB Fri 31-Jan-20 06:22:34

Good morning all from Moseley where (foolishly) I have been awake since shortly after 5 having misread the time!
Taking the DGCs to school then to a reading workshop for DGS2 from 9-11 at his primary school (M&D both at work and couldn't get the morning off. SIL is already on the London train I believe)
Once I get "home home" sometime this afternoon having picked up Hattie I intend to sleep for a fortnight.
Wishing you all a pleasant day and if possible, respite from your ills (that came out as "bills" first time so maybe that too!)

Bellasnana Fri 31-Jan-20 06:37:22

Good morning Mick, Maw and all who follow.

The weather in Malta today is a bit cloudy but that could clear later. Yesterday was lovely, sunny and warm. The tourists are easily spotted in their summer gear, but we ‘locals’ keep our winter clothes on until May regardless of the temperature.grin

I’m taking my friend for her chemo today, so it will be a long day. She seems to be responding to the treatment which is good even though, sadly, it is not a cure.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible. I can’t stop thinking about oldgaijin ?

Take care everyone.sunshine

Mommawolf Fri 31-Jan-20 06:42:16

Goodmorning all from a cold and dry Norfolk. Planning a garden day today. DH and our friends DH are off to check out some bee hives. Friend and I will go to garden centre for plants. They have a lovely cafe there just right for lunch. Thinking of all who are unwell and hope your DH is improving GILLYBOB. Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Fri 31-Jan-20 06:52:31

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is dark and wet.

Grocery shopping this morning and maybe some more crafting.

Last night I watched my brother appear on a US tv programme.

With such sadness surrounding us I hope we are all able to have the best day we can xx?

Scentia Fri 31-Jan-20 06:57:21

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, not looked outside yet.
Struggling to type as I had my nails done last night!!
Off work today so off to derby to see DSis and her grandson. My DD and DGS will be coming too.
Take care everyone.

Ginny42 Fri 31-Jan-20 07:00:17

Good morning Mick and everyone. I thought of oldgaijin this morning too. I hope she knows how much we think of her. Puts things into perspective.

It's dark but mild in Cheshire. Energy levels have been low this week, but feeling tons better. I've forgotten who kindly recommended a tonic on this thread the other day, and that's what I've taken.

A walk in the woods with neighbours and their dogs at 9 and then shopping. A good friend is coming for a meal later, and if the weather is still good this afternoon, another walk in the woods.

Take care everyone. Special get well wishes to all who haven't been well lately.

kittylester Fri 31-Jan-20 07:15:05

Good morning Mick, morning all from a still dark North Leicestershire. I think its dry and not too cold.

Volunteering at a Carer's information event this morning and then a pedicure this afternoon.

I thought about oldgajin this morning too. And I'm hoping for good news from gilly.

Lins1066 Fri 31-Jan-20 07:28:30

Good morning Mick and all. It is currently dry in S Wales but it rained in the night. Didn't sleep much, neither did DH.

The two gardeners have done a great job of cutting back all the trees and mature shrubs. I was amused to discover that one of the gardeners was called Rowan, how apt.
I wasn't so amused to discover that their trailer clipped the little wall at the top of the drive and it collapsed.

oldgaijin is in my thoughts and prayers.

cornergran Fri 31-Jan-20 07:35:57

Morning Mick, morning All. Sky is starting to glow red in our corner of Somerset. Audiology with Mr C this morning, not sure how that will work as he’s still coughing constantly. There’s a heaviness in me I’m finding hard to shake, so much sadness here and also in our real world. Hoping Friday is kind to everyone, particular thoughts for gilly and oldgaijin.

NanKate Fri 31-Jan-20 07:38:01

Morning Mick and All.

A day of sorting all the mess that has accumulated on my desk since Christmas. It has to be done. I can’t procrastinate anymore.

I’m glad the tonic has helped Ginny. It was me who suggested it as I feel it has contributed to my recovery too.

I woke in the night thinking of Oldgaijin. Her sad message yesterday has affected so many of us. I lit a candle for her yesterday and I know another GM member did the same too. Whether you are religious or not, perhaps you might like to do something, such as putting some daffodils in your window, just as a way of remembering a remarkably brave woman. Just a suggestion.

DoraMarr Fri 31-Jan-20 07:43:49

Good morning from Birmingham. I’m just down the road from you, Maw. It’s cloudy, but the clouds are a very pretty pink and grey, and moving fast. I’m waiting in for a call from someone to fix my boiler, although when I got back from the concert last night it seemed to be working again! I think there must be something amiss with the programmer ( probably, er, me.)
The concert at Symphony hall was great, including two new pieces. The pie and mash in the pub round the corner was good too!
Here’s wishing everyone as good a day as possible. Thinking of oldgajin.

Sark Fri 31-Jan-20 07:47:01

Good Morning everyone.
Just grey in Oxfordshire this morning.
Have been coughing all night and not much sleep for either myself or DH so I am pleased it is 'poets' day!
I would love to do a dry stone walling class...maybe I could practice on your collapsed wall lins1066 !
Take care everyone

Curlywhirly Fri 31-Jan-20 07:47:36

Good morning all, from a dry but dull Cheshire. Shopping this morning, then out for a spot of lunch with himself. Out with girlfriends tonight to celebrate my friend's birthday. Thought about Oldgaijin many times yesterday, what a very brave woman.

NannyJan53 Fri 31-Jan-20 07:47:52

Good Morning from a dry but increasingly cloudy Black Country.

A few jobs around the house this morning, then hairdresser appointment this afternoon. My hairdresser moved a couple of weeks ago. He used to have a mini salon at his house, but now he has rented a chair nearby. Hope I can find it! Then pop into Mums as she lives nearby.

Oldgaijin has been constantly in my thoughts. It is a good idea NanKate, I will put some flowers in my window today.

Wishing everyone a good day, and hoping for better news from Gilly

Marydoll Fri 31-Jan-20 07:50:12

Good morning all from a very mild Glasgow, it's 10C already.

I had a very disturbed night with weird dreams and thoughts of oldaijin. I just couldn't stop thinking of her yesterday and how sudden her deterioration has been.
Reading her message in the wrong thread yesterday and agonising over whether I had done the right thing or not by reposting it, has left me very upset.

Collecting prescriptions today (with the expected, usual hassle) and not much else on, as my hospital adventure yesterday has left me extremely exhausted this morning.

Gillybob, please let us know you and your DH are getting on, we are all worrying a bout you. flowers

ninathenana Fri 31-Jan-20 07:51:36

Good morning everyone.
Grey but fairly mild in Kent this morning.
New tumble dryer arriving at 9 am. My old one finally gave up the ghost. It was about 15 y.o. so can't complain.
Food shop later and haircut this afternoon.
Thoughts and prayers for all that need them.

Alygran Fri 31-Jan-20 07:56:28

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s just beginning to clear after overnight rain.
Food shopping this morning and a friend calling later for a signature on documents for her daughter’s divorce. Jazz club this evening.
Hope today is kind to everyone especially those weighed down by sadness and poor health.

cornergran Fri 31-Jan-20 07:58:31

Definitely the right thing to do marydoll, please don’t worry. flowers.

BlueSapphire Fri 31-Jan-20 08:02:49

Good morning everyone from Northampton where it is dull and grey.
Had a wonderful time at 'Swan Lake' on Wednesday; it was the first time I'd seen it and just lost myself completely in the wonderful dancing, music and costumes.
A visit to Sainsbury's this morning for my usual coffee and top-up shop, and perhaps a browse around Next! Then an afternoon in the warm with my book club book, Alias Grace. Curry tonight, my favourite dinner.
Bellasnana I can relate to the clothes in a warmer climate! During our first winter living in Cyprus we were in summer clothes; the next year it was jeans and jumpers; the next year it was jeans, jumpers and a warm jacket; didn't go into summer clothes till April!

Thinking about oldgaijin.

dragonfly46 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:06:54

Good morning from a dry and breezy Leicestershire.

I too woke up thinking of oldgaijin.
It is a sad day for many reasons.

I hope Gilly has some good news about her DH.

NanKate Fri 31-Jan-20 08:15:08

Mary you absolutely did the right thing in reposting Oldgaijin’s last post to her GM friends. She obviously accidentally put it on the previous day’s post. She clearly wanted to say goodbye and you made it possible for us to see her message. Thank you ?

Grammaretto Fri 31-Jan-20 08:23:16

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Gloomy here which matches my mood. I am sad about leaving Europe. My new passport arrived without the European label.

I am also sad that so many on here are suffering and Spring seems a long way off.
Yoga this morning so maybe that will cheer me up.
Have the best day you can.sad

Pantglas2 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:27:32

Morning Everyone from a damp and dull north Wales where I’ve been up to do my yoga exercises and fetch my chamberpot of tea.

Feel quite sad thinking about those unwell at the moment and others with serious health issues and hope today goes well for all with appointments/treatments etc.

It feels a little trivial to be mentioning coffee with a friend this morning and then some shopping, when others have so much more on their plates. I’ll just say thoughts are with you in your troubles x

NannyJan53 Fri 31-Jan-20 08:28:36

I agree. You did the right thing Marydoll