Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Mon 03-Feb-20 06:15:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in Brackley at the present moment.
Today, I plan to book for a turkey & Tinsel , and pay off another short break this morning.
Otherwise a quiet day.
Mick

Marydoll Mon 03-Feb-20 08:14:48

AllotmentLil, welcome. There are a few grans up your way, it's good to see a new poster, adds to the mix!
Are you a gardener?

Lins1066 Mon 03-Feb-20 08:16:37

Good Morning Mick and everyone.
It is dry with us on the S Welsh coast.

Welcome to the new posters on this thread especially those I didn't mention by name yesterday as I didn't read their posts until much later in the day - Applegran and NumNum
Are you new to the thread Sparkling? If so welcome.

Num Num, we have enjoyed many lovely holidays in France over the last 35 years at various times of the year.

I felt sad over the weekend as Saturday was the 35th anniversary of my mother's death and I still feel her loss keenly. Our daughter, (the GD she sadly never knew ) is currently in Berlin and she text me to say that she had lit a candle in the Cathedral there for her and our family. I was very touched.

A quiet day in store for us as DH is still recovering from his illness.
Hope that everyone will have a good day. Special thoughts to those going through tough times.

Marydoll Mon 03-Feb-20 08:20:03

Sparkling, welcome to you too. Lins, thanks, I missed Sparkling's post. smile

It's good to see more posters, you have done a grand job Mick in starting this thread.

Lins1066 Mon 03-Feb-20 08:22:19

Welcome AllotmentLil what a great name.

ninathenana Mon 03-Feb-20 08:28:23

Good morning everyone.
Dry and mild in Kent.
I'm currently sitting at the hospital waiting to have a blood test. They open at 8am but there were already 20 people queueing outside at 7.50am. So I will be here a while.
Nothing else planned for today.
Hope you all have a good one.

Mommawolf Mon 03-Feb-20 08:41:02

Goodmorning all from a wonderful sunny Norfolk. Have just come in from giving zebedee a bath he is now one very shiny black alpaca baby. Has to look his best as he is off to school later. A lovely special needs school we have visited before. He just loves people especially children I can see lots of alpaca cuddles coming up. Hope the sun lifts everyones spirits. Have a lovely day.

Urmstongran Mon 03-Feb-20 08:43:07

What a lovely, uplifting post Mommawolf thank you!
?
I shall keep that sweet thought in my head today.

Alygran Mon 03-Feb-20 08:44:21

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Clear skies and high winds today.
I am going to go into the garden this morning and start to sort some shrubs out. There is a bay that needs digging out as it has completely overgrown its space.
Meeting friends for coffee later.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

GrannySomerset Mon 03-Feb-20 08:47:07

Good morning from a bright North Somerset. Am taking DH to see 1917 and this evening am going to a flower demo, so an easy day. Yesterday’s marmalade was successful so am about to test it on some wholemeal toast. My pleasures these days are very modest ones.

Thinking of all our correspondents who are finding life hard and hoping today brings some relief.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 03-Feb-20 08:47:57

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny here so cheery start for the day. I’ve just finished making some granola and have sat down with my 2nd cup of tea. And here’s my latest dilemma- the company producing the rooibus brand I like has just announced it is not able to provide the tea bags I’ve been using. This has happened before and, having tried various other brands, was mightily relieved when this company got stocks back in again. I am very fussy about tea; however life goes on. Tennis at lunchtime and have to sort out late BiL,s car; DD’s partner seems to know what to do so I’ll make some use of him. Have the best day you can.

Anniebach Mon 03-Feb-20 08:54:11

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Mapleleaf Mon 03-Feb-20 08:59:33

Good morning all.

It's bright and breezy here this morning. I'm just enjoying a cup of tea before popping out later.

Yes, it's nice to see new posters. A very warm welcome to you all.

How lovely, Mommawolf, I'm sure the children and adults will have a super time when you take your alpaca to see them.

Hope you get into the garden, Alygran, but don't overdo the digging. ?

Have a good day.

Auntieflo Mon 03-Feb-20 09:04:03

Good morning Michael, Annie to come, and all other GN's.
It looks damp outside, but will find out later.
Hoping that the Gillybobs and Luckygirl, are feeling OK.
We went to visit my Sis in law, c/o the driving from our DD and SIL at the end of last week. It was so lovely to see her, and as she lives miles away, all the more precious, especially as she is 10 years older than me, and getting frailer.
Whilst away, I seem to have lost my hearing aids! I clearly remember putting them in a bag, but which bag? I have searched high and low to no avail, so will have to go to the drop in clinic and confess, later today. (then they may appear)
It's lovely to be home, but I feel at a loose end this morning.
Anyway, hope today is kind to everyone, especially all those who are under the weather.

Auntieflo Mon 03-Feb-20 09:05:00

Ooh Hi Annie, I see you popped in there while I was posting.

Greyduster Mon 03-Feb-20 09:05:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire but it is cold. Welcome to all newcomers to Mick’s GM thread. I think a spot of gardening is on the cards for us this morning - I have a recalcitrant Bowles Mauve that needs its thuggish tendencies taming! School run for us this afternoon. Have a good day folks!

MawB Mon 03-Feb-20 09:13:22

Good morning from N Bucks where it is a beautifully sunny morning.
Plan to get Hattie out for a proper walk as she missed out yesterday on account of watching the rugby, and then I have Art History this afternoon which I really enjoy with the added bonus of meeting up with people who have become friends.
It was indeed a sad weekend on GN and elsewhere, but I hope the snowdrops and some ??? will lift our spirits - Spring is just round the corner!

Curlywhirly Mon 03-Feb-20 09:15:15

Mornung all from a bright, dry Cheshire. I'm on Nanna duty today, little (nearly 2 year old) DGS is happily eating his breakfast whilst watching 'Duggie' his favourite TV programme.

Mommawolf, your post brought a smile to my face, what a lovely life you have with all your animals, must say it is very uplifting during this sad time on GN. Hope you all have a good day, take care those who are feeling under the weather.

moggie Mon 03-Feb-20 09:35:45

Good morning Mick & all from Grey, dry Nottingham.
Welcome to new posters.
Catch up on a few chores today & visit library.
I bet the alpaca will get lots of cuddles mommawolf.
Thoughts with oldgaijin & gillybob & all not well or struggling.
Have a good day everyone.

Nortsat46 Mon 03-Feb-20 09:38:30

Good morning Mick and the GM team, on a sunny morning in east London.
I am awaiting a call from my GP and further adjustments to my meds. Thus catching up on the GN threads ...

Oh my, so much sadness and loss ... I am still thinking of Old gaijin and of course Luckygirl and EllaKeat and her lovely daughter.

Thank you to Momma wolf for a lovely uplifting start to the day.
Sending good thoughts and snowdrops to all, especially those facing challenges today. ?

Como2020 Mon 03-Feb-20 09:54:31

Good morning to all. A very overcast but dry morning. Good walking weather.
Bought a climbing rose yesterday, called The Simple Life. Seemed very apt.
Hoping all goes as well as possible for you all.

Pittcity Mon 03-Feb-20 09:57:24

Good morning from sunny Colchester. A lovely morning here.
Off to walking Netball in a moment and then back for a plumber to see if he can do anything about my rumbling pipes!
Big virtual hugs to all.

Grammaretto Mon 03-Feb-20 10:11:20

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where the wind and rain is abundant but Spring is fighting back!
I had to rescue my wheelie bin from down the street where it had blown.

Ever since I posted on GN that Sunday afternooons were lonely, I have never had a lonely minute since!
I don't know what magic you performed but I have a group who meet here every Sunday afternoon and we put the world to rights.

Have a good day everyone and get better soon MrGillybob

Welcome AllotmentLil from the NE. We have family up there, so visit frequently.

Kalu Mon 03-Feb-20 10:47:40

Good morning all from Glasgow. Calm and bright blue skies here at the moment so I will enjoy it while it lasts?
Still chilly Marydoll but a more pleasant day to enjoy your walk.

A couple of blue hyacinth pots I have in the kitchen are now in flower and the perfume is delightful, another reminder spring is not too far off.

Still working on GD2s soosy blanket with this lovely alpaca wool Mommawolf. Such a lovely texture and GD’s choice of colours, light grey, cream and yellow is a beautiful combination. Something she will treasure?

Another warm welcome to all new Gnetters ?‍♀️

Bits of housework, bits of faffing and my favourite pass time, some gentle work in the garden.

Have a pleasant day all and a better day for all our friends who are struggling

Marydoll Mon 03-Feb-20 11:09:17

Kalu, it's blowing a gale ? here! I went out to the garage and had to hang onto the railing! No walk for the time being. sad

I posted a message to you on what I thought was yesterday's GM thread, to say we had snow showers. However, it actually was on Lucky's, thread. I was so embarrassed and asked for it to be deleted. blush

I think we are living in different countries, not a few miles up the road! grin

I hope you are beginning to feel a bit better.

Applegran Mon 03-Feb-20 11:22:47

It is dry and a bit grey and windy here in Cornwall and I'll be staying indoors today. I have one of those bugs which is going around and am trying to stay indoors to give myself a chance to get better. So instead of going for a walk, I will be walking round the house and up and down stairs! Less interesting, but I don't want to end up a lot less fit and struggling to do my regular walks. I can enjoy looking out of the window as I walk today! I hope others, who are much more unwell than I am, will have the best day possible.